MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

So what would be a better alternative OW FFP for those Msia-based travellers considering to exit Enrich?

CX? JL? UL?

Unfortunately the safe havens of AA and BA have also undergone devaluations recently - but if you have the ability to fulfill their "own metal" requirement for elite status, those two are still decent.

Unfortunately the safe havens of AA and BA have also undergone devaluations recently - but if you have the ability to fulfill their "own metal" requirement for elite status, those two are still decent.

AA no longer requires "own metal" with the introduction of EQD.

Edited by Craig

The downside of using OW partners to redeem on MH metal is dealing with the much more limited P/U/X fare buckets. Goodbye near-guaranteed D redemption tickets :(

I will be saying goodbye to the Enrich programme completely after this latest round of devaluations. It was significantly devalued only about 3 years ago and to have another major one so soon is just not acceptable.

I will be saying goodbye to the Enrich programme completely after this latest round of devaluations. It was significantly devalued only about 3 years ago and to have another major one so soon is just not acceptable.

It was also devalued a few months ago when they removed the 15% online bonus.....

Ditto.

So, if I read this correctly:

1. Redeem most, if not all your Enrich points by 10 June; and

2. Switch over to another oneworld FFP, such as BA (if you can fulfill own-metal requirement), or to AA (no own-metal requirement)

Are other oneworld FFPs in this region worth considering, such as QF, CX or JL?

I am more concerned about attaining status that using points for redemption at the moment, and I have a one-off long haul return trip with BA to LHR & GVA in I & J class this year. Other than that, it would be the usual domestic runs in Y to East Malaysia. In the long-run though, would I be better off on AA?

I am more concerned about attaining status that using points for redemption at the moment, and I have a one-off long haul return trip with BA to LHR & GVA in I & J class this year. Other than that, it would be the usual domestic runs in Y to East Malaysia. In the long-run though, would I be better off on AA?

It all depends on your travel pattern. I'd go with BA for now, since one return trip in J won't get you very far with AA.

However, it'll be quite hard to qualify for status with either of those programs if you'll just be doing domestic hops in the long-run.

Edited by Chris Tan

Are other oneworld FFPs in this region worth considering, such as QF, CX or JL?

Miles earn are pretty much standard across the partners but it is the redemption that matters

QF is a NO go as the miles redemption are sky-rocketing high

CX FFP divided by Asia Miles + Marco Polo. Asia Miles is for earning and redeeming miles. The miles redemption are attractive but the programme itself doesn't come with Elite Status. Here where you need to also apply for Marco Polo Club. However, you have to aware of the annual fees of US$ 100.Nonetheless, it can be waived after you earn 100 pts for Marco Polo.

JL Mileage Bank is the best way to redeem but painful for most credit card holders to accrue miles as non-JAL credit cards are not accepted and only AEON cards from Japan qualify to earn miles. But if you are a frequent flyers on OneWorld, you can take a look on it as they are more or less require same value of miles as CX only without a seperated Elite status programme.

Edited by J. Suri

If I redeem International Golden Lounge vouchers using Enrich, and am flying to Singapore, would I be entitled to use the International Lounge at Satellite, or only the regional lounge at MTB?

If I redeem International Golden Lounge vouchers using Enrich, and am flying to Singapore, would I be entitled to use the International Lounge at Satellite, or only the regional lounge at MTB?

You can use either, but the regional is currently closed for renovations.

Enrich online flight redemption site down - apparently for the past 48h - cannot proceed to final payment page. Call centre redemption still ok. Do it fast before even this channel gets inundated and locked down. Enrich sayonara!

Edited by V Wong

Sold my 150k miles for a biz class KUL-LHR-KUL in Sept 2017. Did it 2 days ago. It is cheaper to pay penalty than buying more miles for the new scheme if we need to reschedule the trip.

The check-in page is now available (web)

Looks identical to the one pre 10 June

Enrich redemption site isn't working as of yet; keep getting an error message saying "sorry, but you can only make 50 reservations per day etc". A friend of mine within the change-over team has escalated this on our behalf.

Edited by Ashley Lee

The Enrich redemption feels like sh1t too, even for MH flights.

The redemption is now a "pay for miles" scheme (con) - and it is just horrible.

Also, it is not user friendly - if the selected fare is a Z or other "non-redeemable" fare bucket, the system just defaults to payment in cash with no mention whatsoever about the redemption. Very few people out there would pay attention or know about fare buckets.

The Enrich redemption feels like sh1t too, even for MH flights.

The redemption is now a "pay for miles" scheme (con) - and it is just horrible.

Also, it is not user friendly - if the selected fare is a Z or other "non-redeemable" fare bucket, the system just defaults to payment in cash with no mention whatsoever about the redemption. Very few people out there would pay attention or know about fare buckets.

It's a very strange way of redeeming miles. The booking process is the same as for normal revenue tickets, with prices being quoted in cash until you get to the payment page. And there's often no choice to choose a D fare when all flights are displaying Z.

To make things worse you can't change your search, nor can you hit "back" on your browser. You're forced to close the window and start all over again. There seems to be a limit of 50 searches per device, which is just downright stupid when the only way to change your search is starting a new one.

SAD.

It is like a con-job.

It is not quite like the usual redemption of points for flights but rather a redemption of points for cash. Of course, the conversion rate will be extremely very very poor.

Enrich miles value now = banana currency during Japanese occupation of Malaya

Really? Tried to dummy redeem mine LHR - KUL, points needed is around 31200.

94k miles for a SYD-KUL flight? No thanks...

Date?

Really? Tried to dummy redeem mine LHR - KUL, points needed is around 31200.

Date?

This was presumably in Y? The J redemption rates and just the system as a whole is a complete joke. Enrich is now among, if not, the worst FFP out there.

And yet you can go jalan in a few malls, 3 targets, and an In-N-Out run. The real wonderwoman ;)

Out of curiosity - how do a Muslim pax do these flights?

Qatar's rules (not sure about the other countries) - travellers are treated as musafir and not obliged to fast.

The J redemption rates and just the system as a whole is a complete joke. Enrich is now among, if not, the worst FFP out there.

Yup. It's completely gutted now.

Enrich miles value now = banana currency during Japanese occupation of Malaya

or more recently: The Zimbabwean dollar. My colleague has a few 100 trillion dollar notes, which were worth cents at the time, so he kept them. They're now worth 10 -15 pounds each for the novelty value. Maybe I'll keep a small enrich balance for that purpose :p

This was presumably in Y? The J redemption rates and just the system as a whole is a complete joke. Enrich is now among, if not, the worst FFP out there.

yupp, economy class.

..... the novelty value. Maybe I'll keep a small enrich balance for that purpose :p

And in time to come maybe you can trade those enrich nuggets for bitcoins or something ?! :lol: