MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

This could be one stupid question.

Is 180k avios equivalent to 180k enrich miles?? From baec, i will need 180k avois and pay USD780 in taxes for one way.

No. You got to check with Enrich how much it costs for the redemption. By doing that you are only checking whether there is an award seat on that flight.

Edited by Walter Sim

seems MasWings never register Enrich sector/miles since 2016 ... anyone else facing the same issue ?

even more annoying, was told I could not claim for some of my MasWings tickets because it's a promo rate.

I had miles and sectors credited in June this year on a Maswings flight, but it was a connecting Kul-Myy-Lmn vv. Wasn't expecting it but not complaining.

so further clarification from Enrich, is that Q fare (Economy Promo) on MasWings are not eligible for sectors/miles.

Yet on MH's own website http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/enrich/earn-enrich-miles.html it says 25% accrual.

I usually plan my flights to keep my Enrich Gold, and this throws me off by almost 20 sectors :sorry: .

so further clarification from Enrich, is that Q fare (Economy Promo) on MasWings are not eligible for sectors/miles.

Yet on MH's own website http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/us/en/enrich/earn-enrich-miles.html it says 25% accrual.

I usually plan my flights to keep my Enrich Gold, and this throws me off by almost 20 sectors :sorry: .

That's the accrual chart for MAS only. For MasWings you need to refer to partner airline and Q class, indeed is not eligible for any mileage accrual unfortunately.

Heads-up...new accrual chart for various fare classes for flights marketed and operated by MH...effective 1-Nov.

It's not on the website yet or at least I cant seem to find the link.

Generally increases all around for the higher fare class, from Y,B and H upwards. Seems to be aimed at benefiting those buying premium class fares and flexi Y tickets.

And practically no change for the cheaper fare buckets.

Heads-up...new accrual chart for various fare classes for flights marketed and operated by MH...effective 1-Nov.

It's not on the website yet or at least I cant seem to find the link.

Generally increases all around for the higher fare class, from Y,B and H upwards. Seems to be aimed at benefiting those buying premium class fares and flexi Y tickets.

And practically no change for the cheaper fare buckets.

Revised accrual rate is welcomed by pax. Hope they won't increase redemption rate or surcharge on redemption later. Edited by KK Lee

Is the cash+miles discount still on? The fare I am getting through Enrich is up to 25% less than the normal MAS website fare. I thought they got rid of the discounts.

Hey guys. Can someone please confirm how many points are needed to upgrade to business from SYD to LHR? I think it's 60000 as it looks like Zone 7.

Edited by Josh T

Did anyone try to do OLCI for MH today ? I have been trying whole day today but unsuccessful....

Yes, i did OLCI yesterday, and it worked. Not origin KUL nor was it done in KUL though.

My origin is PEN...Tried online OLCI failed but I tried OLCI using the MH app with no issues at all...strange indeed

When I use did OLCI website , they prompt up please contact ground staff or something to check-in.

Yes that has happened to me a few times. Couldnt do it with website but ok through app.

When asked at airport counter later, staff have no idea why it happened.

I was trying to figure if there is some trend such as peculiarities in the reservation but none detected so far.

My origin is PEN...Tried online OLCI failed but I tried OLCI using the MH app with no issues at all...strange indeed

When I use did OLCI website , they prompt up please contact ground staff or something to check-in.

The web OLCI is pretty finicky depending on the channel you book your flight from. Good thing they're replacing that lousy system with the Amadeus PSS soon.

The web OLCI is pretty finicky depending on the channel you book your flight from. Good thing they're replacing that lousy system with the Amadeus PSS soon.

Goodness me....Here i'm trying to give MH a chance but the OLCI already dissed me off.....anyway the booking was done through my company travel agent

Goodness me....Here i'm trying to give MH a chance but the OLCI already dissed me off.....anyway the booking was done through my company travel agent

Ah, a non-online booking. The OLCI's Achilles heel.

Despite trying to understand from my ex-colleague who managed the mobile app & booking engine, I still can't understand why the web OLCI doesn't work for certain non-online booking while the mobile OLCI can.

Slightly off topic - does Maswings recognise oneworld Emerald/Sapphire from other airlines FFP, eg. Use of business class check in, priority boarding and lounge access?

Anyone manage to redeem emirates business class ticket? How to do it? I called the call centre and they seen like don't know how to do it.

Hang up and call again. Takes some patience to get through to someone who knows how to deal with partner redemptions.

If you're living in the Klang Valley, consider going to the KL Sentral office. The staff are much more knowledgeable there.

Anyone manage to redeem emirates business class ticket? How to do it? I called the call centre and they seen like don't know how to do it.

You just unfortunately received someone with no experience. I would do what Chris suggested, to just end the call and do it another time.

I've redeemed from many MH partners, most recently for JAL.

It's best if you look up for availability first and then feed agents the flight you want. And some (most?) English calls are routed to Fiji call center (FCC from now on). They know how to make revenue bookings and even that it's OK. If you want a Malaysian agent who knows MH system at the back of their hand, sila tekan 1 until Bahasa Melayu, 3 for Mandarin, 4 for Tamil, and 5 for Cantonese, whichever you are fluent in.

It's best if you look up for availability first and then feed agents the flight you want.

To add to this post - you'll need a tool that can view Emirates Reward inventory for partners. Expertflyer is a good tool (paid, but there's a free trial available)

- For EK, in business, you'll need to see D class availability (Saver Business) for MH to book.

For reference: it's X for Partner Economy (different from business which uses "saver"), and Z for Saver First.

You just unfortunately received someone with no experience. I would do what Chris suggested, to just end the call and do it another time.

I've redeemed from many MH partners, most recently for JAL.

Use asia miles to redeem will be cheaper than using enrich for one world ticket.