MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

(1) No, No.

(2) No. Only commercial flights earn something.

(3) one flight in economy is one elite sector.

Elite sector depends on ticket class.

Elite sector depends on ticket class.

I believe an elite sector is awarded for each sector (economy - 1, business - 2, first - 3) independent of ticket class. What ticket class affects is the number/percentage of elite miles earned.

Err... look at the questions... which FFP will you have Yes and Yes for questions 1 and 2?

And some airlines (SQ I am looking at you...) you don't get PPS points if you fly Y...

Why so many No?

I don't like this program already. So unfriendly.

I hear the Sir Turtle Rewards, 7th Heaven Rewards and Mr Happiness Reward FFPs are the ones to be in right now. :acute:

Err... look at the questions... which FFP will you have Yes and Yes for questions 1 and 2?

And some airlines (SQ I am looking at you...) you don't get PPS points if you fly Y...

I hear the Sir Turtle Rewards, 7th Heaven Rewards and Mr Happiness Reward FFPs are the ones to be in right now. :acute:

Qr ffp allowed family members miles to credit/pool to the primary member account.

Qr elite sector equivalent qpoint is more generous than mh. Y class could earn up to 1.5 elite sector equivalent per sector.

Personally, I find it hard to collect meaningful miles on mh enrich especially one choose to travel at the cheapest ey fare available.

Edited by KK Lee

AA has a better program. No elite hogwash, just BIG points

That one is pretty good. I think you can even redeem AA merchandise like model planes and lanyards/caps and stuff. Tan Sri TF knows how to market stuff!

Belum cuba belum tau right? I don't know FFP's very well, but when I get the chance I'm going to check out Ashley's suggestions below - admittedly I've never heard of them but then maybe it's those obscure ones that are best!

Saw this in the email sent by Enrich today.

"Greater redemption rewards are coming your way exclusively as an Enrich member! Effective 1 August 2016, our 15% online redemption will no longer be applicable as we have bigger and better rewards especially in store for you. Stay tuned for an even greater and enriching travel and lifestyle experience."

Link to the FAQ, dated 19 Jul.

Seems like the 15% off online redemption will be discontinued wef 1 Aug 2016.

Shall I redeem my miles now or shall I wait for the 'greater redemption awards'? :o

Saw this in the email sent by Enrich today.

"Greater redemption rewards are coming your way exclusively as an Enrich member! Effective 1 August 2016, our 15% online redemption will no longer be applicable as we have bigger and better rewards especially in store for you. Stay tuned for an even greater and enriching travel and lifestyle experience."

Link to the FAQ, dated 19 Jul.

Seems like the 15% off online redemption will be discontinued wef 1 Aug 2016.

Shall I redeem my miles now or shall I wait for the 'greater redemption awards'? :o

The aforementioned "greater redemption awards" are actually the promotions they already hold anyway for select destinations; you can see this in the FAQs link.

This is yet another devaluation.

The aforementioned "greater redemption awards" are actually the promotions they already hold anyway for select destinations; you can see this in the FAQs link.

This is yet another devaluation.

Yes a devaluation indeed. I'll just save the miles and redeem on oneworld/partner airlines instead, which will cost less miles than MH and provides better product (in the zone and class that I'm eyeing). Edited by Kelson

Seriously...what are they smoking?! After that horrendous devaluation of the Enrich programme last year, there's another devaluation just 1.5 years later? Need I remind the people behind Enrich that the primary purpose of a frequent flyer programme is to foster loyalty and not to destroy it? And their reasons behind this decision makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Seriously...what are they smoking?! After that horrendous devaluation of the Enrich programme last year, there's another devaluation just 1.5 years later? Need I remind the people behind Enrich that the primary purpose of a frequent flyer programme is to foster loyalty and not to destroy it? And their reasons behind this decision makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Unless one travel on J-class or full fare on Y, it is not easy to accumulate miles or elite sector on MH.

Pax could be loyal to airline/FFP doesn't mean airline/FFP is loyal to airline.

I've been an Enrich Gold member for 2 years now and this year will be my last (I purely fly for leisure). I'll still have Gold status for next year to use.

I qualify for Gold yearly by flying 50 elite sectors ex-SIN.

As a loyal Gold member who flies Economy 99% of the time, I noticed the following:

1) I can't choose exit row seats during booking but I can choose it when flying other Oneworld alliance airlines... I know I can only request for exit row seats during counter check-in.

2) Not that it's important but I've never been thanked or greeted for being a loyal Gold member while even in other airlines like Cathay or Japan Airlines, they thanked me as a Oneworld Sapphire frequent flyer who chose to fly with them.

Since I mostly fly within the Asian region on discounted Economy tickets (usually O fare), I hardly earn enough flying miles to redeem a nice business class ticket to Japan (which is my favorite place). With the recent devaluation, it actually takes less miles to fly on partner airlines than on MH so I would probably save my miles for a longhaul to europe.

However, as long as MH have significantly lower fares and have a reasonable flight schedule, I will still continue to fly them. However I just won't be renewing Enrich Gold.

I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives where your O segments are welcome :)

Well fares can be pretty cheap on MH as compared to other airlines ex-SIN.

Anyone knows the right channel to ask on Enrich redemption with OneWorld airlines?

I have contacted Enrich and they instead ask me to contact the reservation by phone. As I am currently based in Houston, it will cost me a bomb to call back. Does anyone know the email address to contact reservation?

I am planning to redeem for a one way trip from KUL to Houston next year

Anyone knows the right channel to ask on Enrich redemption with OneWorld airlines?

I have contacted Enrich and they instead ask me to contact the reservation by phone. As I am currently based in Houston, it will cost me a bomb to call back. Does anyone know the email address to contact reservation?

Have you tried contacting their GSA in the US? They have one in Houston

Aviaworld LLC

Fax

+1 310 943 1810

General

1800-552-9264

Address

3033 Chimney Rock,

Suite 206

Houston, TX 77056

Business Hours

Mon - Fri: 0900-1700 CST

For redemption flights you'll have to pick up the phone and call Enrich. If you use Skype it's not that expensive. Be warned though - the Enrich agents aren't very good at booking partner flights. You might have to spend quite a while on hold while they figure it out.

Have you tried contacting their GSA in the US? They have one in Houston

Aviaworld LLC

Fax

+1 310 943 1810

General

1800-552-9264

Address

3033 Chimney Rock,

Suite 206

Houston, TX 77056

Business Hours

Mon - Fri: 0900-1700 CST

Can GSAs handle Enrich affairs?

You can call the toll-free number from US at 1-800-552-9264. I believe this number actually routes back to the Malaysia call center (this is one area where MH is way better than most airlines, including SQ!). If it's the general reservation number in Malaysia, then you should be able to speak to the Enrich redemption desk.

Also, it might help if you do some award availability research before calling and feed the agent the flights you want. The only one-stop service I can think of is KUL-LHR-IAH. Other than that, most flights require a transit at LAX/SFO/ORD/JFK/DFW. If the KUL-IAH distance is kicks you in the next award level, try flying into LAX/SFO/JFK and just buy a one-way domestic ticket, which sometimes costs as low as $50-60.

Edited by Craig

You can call the toll-free number from US at 1-800-552-9264. I believe this number actually routes back to the Malaysia call center (this is one area where MH is way better than most airlines, including SQ!). If it's the general reservation number in Malaysia, then you should be able to speak to the Enrich redemption desk.

Also, it might help if you do some award availability research before calling and feed the agent the flights you want. The only one-stop service I can think of is KUL-LHR-IAH. Other than that, most flights require a transit at LAX/SFO/ORD/JFK/DFW. If the KUL-IAH distance is kicks you in the next award level, try flying into LAX/SFO/JFK and just buy a one-way domestic ticket, which sometimes costs as low as $50-60.

Is there a way to check on the availability for OneWorld? I can easily see for Star Alliance through United, but not for OneWorld. The one stop service could be either through LHR on BA or through DOH on Qatar.

The idea of flying into LAX or SFO is also a great one though, just need to find the way to find the availability

Is there a way to check on the availability for OneWorld? I can easily see for Star Alliance through United, but not for OneWorld. The one stop service could be either through LHR on BA or through DOH on Qatar.

The idea of flying into LAX or SFO is also a great one though, just need to find the way to find the availability

Signup for a BAEC account, I believe you can look up availability from there.

Edited by Walter Sim