MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Booked KUL - (LHR) - JFK - (LHR) - KUL via american airlines website (@ around USD1000). Fare code outbound is V, inbound is L.

Wondering if there is a method to upgrade to Business ? Hopefully cost efficient :p

KUL - LHR - KUL portion is operated by MH, but unfortunately was told by Enrich that I can't use my miles as booking wasn't via MH.

Booked KUL - (LHR) - JFK - (LHR) - KUL via american airlines website (@ around USD1000). Fare code outbound is V, inbound is L.

Wondering if there is a method to upgrade to Business ? Hopefully cost efficient :p

KUL - LHR - KUL portion is operated by MH, but unfortunately was told by Enrich that I can't use my miles as booking wasn't via MH.

Just to update this, can redeem Enrich miles by calling American Airlines.

They have 2 sectors avaible on my trip, KUL-LHR (35,000 miles) and JFK - LHR (25,000 miles) and some kind of ticket change fee of USD300.

Good offer or better places to spend my points ?

Just to update this, can redeem Enrich miles by calling American Airlines.

They have 2 sectors avaible on my trip, KUL-LHR (35,000 miles) and JFK - LHR (25,000 miles) and some kind of ticket change fee of USD300.

Good offer or better places to spend my points ?

I am pretty sure you can't upgrade KUL-LHR on MH using AA miles. You can upgrade LHR-JFK-LHR on AA metal tho. You could either have someone donate you a systemwide upgrade or upgrade using miles + co-pay.

And I am pretty sure you can't upgrade KUL-LHR-JFK using Enrich miles too (you mentioned in your earlier post) - it's AA code and MH can't change your booking class.

JFK-LHR is an extremely short flight tho. My flight last month was only 5.45 hours!

Edited by Craig

JFK-LHR is an extremely short flight tho. My flight last month was only 5.45 hours!

Most probably you encountered strong jetstream. :)

I am pretty sure you can't upgrade KUL-LHR on MH using AA miles. You can upgrade LHR-JFK-LHR on AA metal tho. You could either have someone donate you a systemwide upgrade or upgrade using miles + co-pay.

And I am pretty sure you can't upgrade KUL-LHR-JFK using Enrich miles too (you mentioned in your earlier post) - it's AA code and MH can't change your booking class.

Pretty sure you can't redeem enrich miles by calling American :)

Hm, yes. Made another call to AA and the agent told me the only flight they could upgrade was LHR-JFK (AA metal) and it had to be AA miles.

Just confused with the wording on OneWorld website :

Members of each oneworld alliance airline are able to earn and redeem miles with their airline partners – so when you're ready to redeem your miles or points for a travel award, oneworld brings you more options than ever.

So are my options closed for a redemption upgrade ?

Most probably you encountered strong jetstream. :)

Stronger than usual for summer, but a check with flightaware shows that AA's JFK-LHR flights are 6'10" hours plus minus 15 minutes. Anything over 6 hours is considered "good" - come winter and it's about 30 minutes less (and if you are having dinner on that flight, you'll be halfway across the Atlantic before you sleep).

Hm, yes. Made another call to AA and the agent told me the only flight they could upgrade was LHR-JFK (AA metal) and it had to be AA miles.

So are my options closed for a redemption upgrade ?

Your options are not closed - you can always buy AA miles for the upgrade, but the cost of buying miles plus the co-pay makes it effectively cost prohibitive.

For those of you who have been trying to claim mileage that didn't auto credit after you got upgraded using a bid via MHupgrade Tool - Please read and try, then let me know

I have tried this a few times, and it works and credits instantly let me know if it works for you.

1. Try again online following these steps

2. Go to claim missing miles ---> SUBMIT YOUR MISSING MILES CLAIM FOR MALAYSIA AIRLINES

3. Enter flight date and number (nothing special here)

4. Enter origin and destination from pulldown menu (again nothing special here)

5. Ticket number - enter the number INCLUDING the stock of 232 and with no hyphen (ticket numbers are 13 digits long, the first 3 is the code for the issuing carrier, and usually those first 3 are separated from the remaining 10 digits by a hyphen. Remove the hyphen). CRITICAL STEP: In the case of MHupgrade - enter your upgraded ticket number, not your original ticket number in economy.

5b. How to find new ticket number? You'll find this number in the eticket receipt email you get when you get notified of the successful upgrade. That email will show 2 ticket numbers, the one that says E-ticket number is your new one. The one that says issued in exch is the old one.

6. Travel Class CRITICAL STEP: Enter your RBD (booking code) exactly as you booked it in economy .

• as an example, do not enter Y generically for economy (unless you actually bought a proper Y economy fare)
  • as an example also, do not enter E for economy (again, unless you bought an E economy fare),
  • Do not enter I for the upgraded business class your new booking books into

6b. How do you find your original economy booking code? - go back to the original email you got when you first booked the ticket, the one with the title Malaysia Airlines Travel Itinerary Receipt

In the fare rules section you'll see something like this

• Fare Rules
  • HKG-KUL (OLTOW5HK)
The first alphabet in the fare basis OLTOW5HK is your booking code - in this example here - it's O.

7. Hit submit, if all goes well, you'll see "we have received your claim" etc etc. By this time, the flight you took SHOULD already be in your activity list.

8. Log out, log back in and your enrich balance should update also.

Hope it works for you as it did for me!

I have a question to the one world frequent flyer gurus out there. I'm intending to fly from KUL to Uganda Entebbe. Question is if I fly Qatar Airlines being a One World Airlines, can I credit the frequent flyer points to my Enrich or it will only credit to the Qatar Airlines Frequent Flyer program.

I have a question to the one world frequent flyer gurus out there. I'm intending to fly from KUL to Uganda Entebbe. Question is if I fly Qatar Airlines being a One World Airlines, can I credit the frequent flyer points to my Enrich or it will only credit to the Qatar Airlines Frequent Flyer program.

You should be able to indicate that you want the miles to be credited to Enrich during booking, or at check-in (just show your Enrich card)

When I was on the Qatar Airlines website and made a dummy booking I could only enter the Qatar Privelage Club Membership No.

When I was on the Qatar Airlines website and made a dummy booking I could only enter the Qatar Privelage Club Membership No.

Don't log in - continue as guest, and you'll be able to enter any FFP you like.

to answer your first question earlier, yes, you can, provided the Qatar fare you are buying is an earning fare.

Enrich Promotion is currently held from 2 to 15 Nov.

Travel Period 14 Jan to 31 May

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/etc/designs/default/canvas/content/campaigns/enrichWorld/english/dwor_nov/jcr:content/importer/home.html#!/enrich-offers

Just wondering the first class offering for paris is it an error?

They're flying the A380 back into CDG?

I am still wondering why nothing has been announced regarding Enrich? Or did I miss something?

Do we get to earn Enrich miles if traveling on EK? Just codeshare? The bigger question is, do we get to redeem EK flights using Enrich?

Further info now available on MH's website regarding the code share partnership. From the Enrich side of things, miles AND elite miles accrual for EK code-shared flights but EK tickets not redeemable with enrich miles. Passengers travelling Y on EK will not be afforded lounge access, but if flying J, you'll be able to guest a member into the Golden Lounge as an Enrich Gold or Platinum.

Edited by Ashley Lee

Further info now available on MH's website regarding the code share partnership. From the Enrich side of things, miles AND elite miles accrual for EK code-shared flights but EK tickets not redeemable with enrich miles. Passengers travelling Y on EK will not be afforded lounge access, but if flying J, you'll be able to guest a member into the Golden Lounge as an Enrich Gold or Platinum.

I suppose when you can earn elite miles, you'll earn elite sectors too? MH has the tendency not to spell this out but it's an important info for me since I obtained my Enrich Gold by sectors run.

Edited by Kelson

I suppose when you can earn elite miles, you'll earn elite sectors too? MH has the tendency not to spell this out but it's an important info for me since I obtained my Enrich Gold by sectors run.

Yes agree with u.. I also obtained my Enrich Platinum by elite sector.. i prefer to fly with One World partner rather than Emirates-MAB

The content on the MH website seems to be poorly written and invites more unanswered questions. On one part, the Q&A talks about bringing in a guest into the lounge if one is an Enrich elite member - whilst being silent on the class of travel. The next Q&A then says no lounge access "at the moment" if travelling in economy! For the latter, it is rather silly as MH can easily facilitate the entry of its own elite members into its own lounges in M'sia to begin with. Just like the current practice where one can use the Golden lounges as an Enrich elite member when travelling in Y on an MH codeshare ticket but the operating carrier is not even part of Oneworld.

And Day 2 into this so-called partnership - and the booking engine on MH's website still hasnt been updated. Poor form.

booking engine still does not show the Emirates operated flight...have they really rolled this out? I thought the partnership was supposed to be effective 1 Feb (or 16 Feb or whatever)....

inability to redeem flights with Enrich Miles on Emirates operated flight is a real bummer...might as well just switch to Skywards