MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Thanks so much for your reply. Will try CX lounge. Are we allowed to try both lounges?

yes. MH will give you an invite to Louis Tavern but CX doesn't need it. They only need your boarding pass so you can visit both if you want.

Taking about BA lounge, are they using MH's one in KUL?

Yes BA uses MH in KUL

Ok...so visit both QF and the new CX lounges...

QF is decent also - but opening hours pelik sikit. Doesn't open most of the day. CX open 4 am to either 8pm or 1am - covers most MH flights Edited by Suzanne Goh

yes. MH will give you an invite to Louis Tavern but CX doesn't need it. They only need your boarding pass so you can visit both if you want.

Been a long time since I flew MH out of BKK. When did they stop using the Royal Silk/Orchid?

Been a long time since I flew MH out of BKK. When did they stop using the Royal Silk/Orchid?

I would say 2013 or so. Maybe earlier. Can't remember , but it wasn't that recent.

Just checking if I am traveling from DXB and the invitation is to the Marhaba lounge, can we go to the BA lounge or Qatar lounge also? Or it has to follow the invitation?

Just checking if I am traveling from DXB and the invitation is to the Marhaba lounge, can we go to the BA lounge or Qatar lounge also? Or it has to follow the invitation?

If travelling on a Oneworld carrier, standard oneworld rules apply, IF the lounge you intend to go to is Oneworld carrier operated (not third party).

So flying MH (i'm guessing you are from the Marhaba invitation), you can use the BA lounge which is operated by BA, but not the QR lounge, because QR uses some third party contractor (can't remember the name, but they don't have their own lounge in DXB if i recall correctly)

So your choices, flying MH, are the Marhaba (MH contracted) or BA (BA operated).

If travelling on a Oneworld carrier, standard oneworld rules apply, IF the lounge you intend to go to is Oneworld carrier operated (not third party).

So flying MH (i'm guessing you are from the Marhaba invitation), you can use the BA lounge which is operated by BA, but not the QR lounge, because QR uses some third party contractor (can't remember the name, but they don't have their own lounge in DXB if i recall correctly)

So your choices, flying MH, are the Marhaba (MH contracted) or BA (BA operated).

Thanks Suzanne. Yup, I will be flying MH. BA lounge does not seem to get a good review, but I will drop by to have a look since I tried the Marhaba lounge before.

QR is using the Dubai International Hotel Lounge in Terminal 1.

Unfortunately, the BA lounge@DXB is usually close or will be closing at about the time MH pax will typically be at the terminal for the MH flight to KUL.

So, if you are very early airside at the airport, you may be able to access it at the tail-end of its operating hours for that period. Wont be long though. By the time it reopens later in the evening, MH would have departed.

And yes, QR doesn't have its own lounge at DXB.

Unfortunately, the BA lounge@DXB is usually close or will be closing at about the time MH pax will typically be at the terminal for the MH flight to KUL.

So, if you are very early airside at the airport, you may be able to access it at the tail-end of its operating hours for that period. Wont be long though. By the time it reopens later in the evening, MH would have departed.

And yes, QR doesn't have its own lounge at DXB.

Oh, I did not realize that. I saw some website showing the operating hours is 2.30pm to 2.00am. Anyway, there is still a Marhaba lounge.

By the way, anyone knows if we get amenity kits for DXB-KUL sector in J?

Oh, I did not realize that. I saw some website showing the operating hours is 2.30pm to 2.00am. Anyway, there is still a Marhaba lounge.

By the way, anyone knows if we get amenity kits for DXB-KUL sector in J?

If I recall correctly DXB gets kits. The new Porsche design one is a bit sleeker. Quite nice actually. Got the black one outbound and the brown one inbound from NRT a few days ago. Better than the tumi one.

Thanks so much for your reply. Will try CX lounge. Are we allowed to try both lounges?

If u flying MH from KIX (Kansai-Osaka), u will get CX Pacific Lounge invitation. Been there last week, their crew lounge quite friendly and helpful, she preparing us halal foods upon request. In KIX another lounge for MH by invitation only was Asuka Lounge.

Anyone knows where we can check the Temptations catalogue online? I have colleague asking me to buy something for her using the voucher

I don't think so. I'm not sure if there is a Temptations anymore.

Plats and Emeralds passing through HKG... Worth a long detour to gate 63 now. Love the look of it !

I'd have thought it's a fancy hotel advert if I didn't know any better.

The Wing is so 2013 :p

Plats and Emeralds passing through HKG... Worth a long detour to gate 63 now. Love the look of it !

Complimentary foot massage! :D

Might have to route via HKG for my next trip.

Jump to Emerald (BA) yesterday.

Will MH check-in desk and lounge accept printed temporary card?

God knows when I will receive the card.

Your status should be reflected on your boarding pass. Physical card not needed, you just need to make sure the order of your name on your card is the same as the one you used to make your booking.

If you have the BA App - there is a temporary card function included.

It's actually quite easy to tell when you'll get your card-

Login to your BA account : my executive club : order executive club items - it will show either executive club gold items pending , fulfilled or despatched. From "despatched" status to KL is about 3 1/2 weeks. (Assuming you live in the Klang Valley)

I don't think so. I'm not sure if there is a Temptations anymore.

Yes, there is actually. Relaunched this month and now contracted out to a company called Inflight Shopping Bhd.

The new Temptations catalogue (June to August 2015) is now available on board only. My friend managed to grab me a copy.

Online shopping will be launched in near future.

A lot of the items are carried over from previous Golden Boutique/ Temptations.

Yes, there is actually. Relaunched this month and now contracted out to a company called Inflight Shopping Bhd.

The new Temptations catalogue (June to August 2015) is now available on board only. My friend managed to grab me a copy.

Online shopping will be launched in near future.

A lot of the items are carried over from previous Golden Boutique/ Temptations.

Temptations inflight shopping actually came back a few months ago. I think it was in April. All price is listed in USD only :nea: