MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Thanks for that. Just saw it - by and large it cost more than yesterday :p (except ADL maybe)

That to me is actually poorly written. So the one day you fly one Y segment does that mean you get kicked out? :p Bit harsh right?

I guess that's what MHUpgrade's for; "Affordable-Y-avoidance-prophylaxis". :pardon:

Having seen Sofian's screenshots, I also couldn't help but notice different coloured statements.

This is mine:

PlatinumPlus_zps36471d58.jpg

And Sofian's:

enrich%202015_zpsxiaoa5q3.png

I noticed it changing in January but didn't think much of it.

So I guess you're an Enrich Platinum Plus member if you have a dark-blue-black e-statement. :acute:

Edited by Ashley Lee

I guess that's what MHUpgrade's for; "Affordable-Y-avoidance-prophylaxis". :pardon:

As an escape valve to keep the streak going! Mr Lee, upgrade now, or else :p

Sounds like a very exclusive club to join. Certainly not one i qualify for :(

As an escape valve to keep the streak going! Mr Lee, upgrade now, or else :p

Sounds like a very exclusive club to join. Certainly not one i qualify for :(

That's because executives like yourself qualify for a more golden club. :acute:

Just received my Platinum pack today. Other than the usual perks of E-Plat, there was a bit about my "continued loyalty" being rewarded with "35% elite tier bonus (versus the regular 30%) and bonus additional 1000 enrich miles with every 10,000 earned" having met the 100k tier miles / 150 sectors criteria. I wonder if this is a new Plat perk? There wasn't any mention about me being an "Enrich Platinum Prestige" member which Henry previously highlighted. I did notice, however, the term "Platinum miles" being used and when comparing the reference on the top of the letters, I now had "UG_PLTP" versus "UG_PLAT" when I first qualified. An email to the Enrich higher ups revealed this:

"Initially, members had to earn 150,000 Platinum miles (by travel on first/business class only on Malaysia Airlines flights) for three consecutive years, accumulating to 450,000 Platinum miles in the third year, to qualify for the Platinum status.

In 2012 and prior to joining oneworld, the management reviewed the entire program and qualifying criteria. Instead of restricting to only Platinum miles (by travel on first/business classes) , the management decided to open the miles earned for all classes (first/business and economy) to enable members to reach the higher tier status faster. This opened the doors to many Enrich Gold members who flew quite extensively with us but with the initial requirement, were never able to reach the Platinum status as they travelled and earned miles in mixed classes.

Thus, a new qualifying criteria was introduced with:

Enrich Blue members required to achieve 25,000 Elite miles/ 30 Elite sectors (previously 40 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Silver

Enrich Silver members required to achieve 50,000 Elite miles/50 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Gold

Enrich Gold members required to achieve 100,000 Elite miles / 130 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite miles/120 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Platinum

We still have our Elite Platinum members who still fly with us solely on first/business class. To keep track of this elite members, we had categorized and classified them as Platinum Plus members. They are known under this category for our internal record purposes only and not published to the public.

We trust the above clarifies."

I clocked 150k+ tier miles last year, a mix of oneworld airlines though. So very confusing.

I believe that would be the tier that I was initially talking about. They might have changed the name to Platinum Plus instead of Platinum Prestige or i might have read the welcome letter wrongly but the benefits are certainly the ones i was talking about.

A quick question though did you receive your renewal pack via courier or normal post. I seem to remember that Platinum welcome packs were sent by courier service but i had an overseas address last time. Im still waiting for mine to arrive after 2 weeks of seeing card upgrade on my account.

"Initially, members had to earn 150,000 Platinum miles (by travel on first/business class only on Malaysia Airlines flights) for three consecutive years, accumulating to 450,000 Platinum miles in the third year, to qualify for the Platinum status.

In 2012 and prior to joining oneworld, the management reviewed the entire program and qualifying criteria. Instead of restricting to only Platinum miles (by travel on first/business classes) , the management decided to open the miles earned for all classes (first/business and economy) to enable members to reach the higher tier status faster. This opened the doors to many Enrich Gold members who flew quite extensively with us but with the initial requirement, were never able to reach the Platinum status as they travelled and earned miles in mixed classes.

Thus, a new qualifying criteria was introduced with:

Enrich Blue members required to achieve 25,000 Elite miles/ 30 Elite sectors (previously 40 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Silver

Enrich Silver members required to achieve 50,000 Elite miles/50 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Gold

Enrich Gold members required to achieve 100,000 Elite miles / 130 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite miles/120 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Platinum

We still have our Elite Platinum members who still fly with us solely on first/business class. To keep track of this elite members, we had categorized and classified them as Platinum Plus members. They are known under this category for our internal record purposes only and not published to the public.

We trust the above clarifies."

It seem MH Enrich is skewed for premium pax exclusively.

Believe it is easier for EY pax to attain OW Sapphire/Emerald status with other OW FFP. In a few years time, there will be more non-enrich OW EY pax using the golden lounge than Enrich members.

Edited by KK Lee

Believe it is easier for EY pax to attain OW Sapphire/Emerald status with other OW FFP.

With the new Enrich the increment in status earnings in Enrich from a high Y ticket on MH and a low business class ticket is actually zero (125% vs 125%)

QFF and BAEC on the other hand, reward premium class travel more than Y travel.

a MEL-SIN on QF, crediting to QFF pays 120 Status Credits in J (any subclass), 60 Status Credits in Full Y (2x the price)

a MEL-SIN on QF, crediting to BAEC pays 140 Tier Points in J (any subclass for now), 70 Tier points in Full Y (again 2x)

If we go down the Y class hierarchy , to a "middle flexible" Y fare - MH pays 100% vs 125-175% for Business = so a 25% to 75% premium for flying J

BA and QF pay for this is 40 status credits and 35 tier points - vs 120SC/140TP for Business - it's a 4x pay rate for flying J

If we go further down to the Y promo fares - MH at least pays something 25% or so.

BA and QF won't pay anything at all.

BA and QF are admittedly anomalies, and if one flies predominantly Y, it's not worth to try qualifying on those two.

MH is however, not far out of line with many other FFP's - I personally don't think it's harder or easier than most others to qualify for status by flying Y. About the same lah i think.

Shouldn't it be that way? Rewards should be commensurate with the value - no point giving the same sort of reward to someone flying exclusively on promo

As every fare class has different accrual rate, airline already reward those travel on more expensive ticket.

Whether airline should reward those travel on cheaper fare is depending on their marketing strategy.

With the new Enrich the increment in status earnings in Enrich from a high Y ticket on MH and a low business class ticket is actually zero (125% vs 125%)

QFF and BAEC on the other hand, reward premium class travel more than Y travel.

a MEL-SIN on QF, crediting to QFF pays 120 Status Credits in J (any subclass), 60 Status Credits in Full Y (2x the price)

a MEL-SIN on QF, crediting to BAEC pays 140 Tier Points in J (any subclass for now), 70 Tier points in Full Y (again 2x)

If we go down the Y class hierarchy , to a "middle flexible" Y fare - MH pays 100% vs 125-175% for Business = so a 25% to 75% premium for flying J

BA and QF pay for this is 40 status credits and 35 tier points - vs 120SC/140TP for Business - it's a 4x pay rate for flying J

If we go further down to the Y promo fares - MH at least pays something 25% or so.

BA and QF won't pay anything at all.

BA and QF are admittedly anomalies, and if one flies predominantly Y, it's not worth to try qualifying on those two.

MH is however, not far out of line with many other FFP's - I personally don't think it's harder or easier than most others to qualify for status by flying Y. About the same lah i think.

I only have experience with QR. Doubt I could even reach gold if I had stayed with Enrich.

I noticed it changing in January but didn't think much of it.

So I guess you're an Enrich Platinum Plus member if you have a dark-blue-black e-statement. :acute:

Enrich Platinum Plus?

I need to check my platinum pack again

I believe that would be the tier that I was initially talking about. They might have changed the name to Platinum Plus instead of Platinum Prestige or i might have read the welcome letter wrongly but the benefits are certainly the ones i was talking about.

A quick question though did you receive your renewal pack via courier or normal post. I seem to remember that Platinum welcome packs were sent by courier service but i had an overseas address last time. Im still waiting for mine to arrive after 2 weeks of seeing card upgrade on my account.

Mine was sent by courier, just as it was last year. Received a text from DHL, was able to track it. I live in Edinburgh though. Edited by Ashley Lee

Abt Enrich GOM, they kept on saying its got special priveleges for govt servants. What special priveleges if anybody can specify? Thanks

1. To reach silver tier, one may need to fly 5 sectors less or 5000 miles less than normal silver. To reach gold, fly 45 sectors instead of 50 or 45000 points, and for e-plat, fly 130 sectors or 130000 points.

2. Gov of Malaysia crest on the card. Nothing special....

3. Fly with full Y or B class and access to lounge for free.

Hi guys,

Are Enrich elite miles only earned when flying MH or can they be earned by flying other Oneworld carriers too? I can't seem to find any charts on Enrich elite miles accrual rate when flying on partner airlines.

I am based in Australia and currently only have 11 000 enrich elite miles and about 100 status credits with QF. I do have 3-4 trips to asia coming up during the rest of the year and was wondering if it's better to focus on Enrich or QFF to maximize my chances of hitting gold.

Any advice appreciated. thanks!

Hi guys,

Are Enrich elite miles only earned when flying MH or can they be earned by flying other Oneworld carriers too? I can't seem to find any charts on Enrich elite miles accrual rate when flying on partner airlines.

I am based in Australia and currently only have 11 000 enrich elite miles and about 100 status credits with QF. I do have 3-4 trips to asia coming up during the rest of the year and was wondering if it's better to focus on Enrich or QFF to maximize my chances of hitting gold.

Yes you can earn Elite Miles on oneworld partners. I guess the fares with full accruals are the fares that earn Elite Miles http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/earn-enrich-miles/oneworld-member-airlines.html

Hi guys,

What sort of tickets are you buying? QFF doesn't pay a whole lot when flying MH on trunk (read: Australia to Asia, asia to london) routes, regardless of class.

On Enrich redemption chart, MH176 MLE-KUL falls into zone 3; i.e one way upgrade from EY to J class need 15,000 miles.

With MH upgrade, one could upgrade from EY to J from RM300, effectively 1,000 Enrich miles is worth from RM20. On upgrade redemption, EY ticket need to be on higher class booking. However, when one to buy Enrich miles from Enrich Express, need to pay RM100 for 1,000 miles.

It seems it is more worth while to upgrade with MH upgrade bidding.

Edited by KK Lee

Mileage upgrades are never a good deal to begin with. The rates aren't that far off from an outright J redemption, and you need to buy an expensive upgradable fare.

On Enrich redemption chart, MH176 MLE-KUL falls into zone 3; i.e one way upgrade from EY to J class need 15,000 miles.

With MH upgrade, one could upgrade from EY to J from RM300, effectively 1,000 Enrich miles is worth from RM20. On upgrade redemption, EY ticket need to be on higher class booking. However, when one to buy Enrich miles from Enrich Express, need to pay RM100 for 1,000 miles.

It seems it is more worth while to upgrade with MH upgrade bidding.

What you're getting in return for an effective discount is the uncertainty. RM300 may well be an acceptable bid midweek non school holiday period. I suspect on the eve of Hari Raya the amount needed to win is higher.

What you're getting in return for an effective discount is the uncertainty. RM300 may well be an acceptable bid midweek non school holiday period. I suspect on the eve of Hari Raya the amount needed to win is higher.

This we agreed, like redemption, upgrade option may not even available during peak season.

1. To reach silver tier, one may need to fly 5 sectors less or 5000 miles less than normal silver. To reach gold, fly 45 sectors instead of 50 or 45000 points, and for e-plat, fly 130 sectors or 130000 points.

2. Gov of Malaysia crest on the card. Nothing special....

3. Fly with full Y or B class and access to lounge for free.

I am a Govn Servant but did not know about this card. I already have my own enrich silver card. How do I change it into the Govn Card?

I am a Govn Servant but did not know about this card. I already have my own enrich silver card. How do I change it into the Govn Card?

call enrich or if you're based in putrajaya, you can go to MAS office and update your card to enrich gom.

btw, the card has been here for quite sometimes, it has been launched by the chief secretary to the government, and was published on media....do you read newspapers?