MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

What are the new redemption rates like? I am thinking of redeeming my enrich miles for flights to London. Should I do it before Feb 16 since I have yet to receive any email regarding the new earning/redemption?

Essentially zone 1/2 are cheaper by a small amount. Zone 3 onwards are up big time. As an example D to London/Paris is now 63750 after 15% discount. Was 46750. D to Australia is now 46750. Was 34000.

The increases are similar across the board.

New burn chart

0AB74AC1-317E-4222-A5F7-F8A9D8D77C9E_zps

New earn chart

C6E74A6B-6EA3-45A4-B6DA-78A118947433_zps

That is one hell of a jump!! Leave us with a week to clear all the miles...

there are also rumors of conversion rate of credit card points to enrich mile is going up as well, eg 10k point to 1k miles.

Essentially zone 1/2 are cheaper by a small amount. Zone 3 onwards are up big time. As an example D to London/Paris is now 63750 after 15% discount. Was 46750. D to Australia is now 46750. Was 34000.

The increases are similar across the board.

New burn chart

0AB74AC1-317E-4222-A5F7-F8A9D8D77C9E_zps

New earn chart

C6E74A6B-6EA3-45A4-B6DA-78A118947433_zps

Thanks, Suzanne. I guess Y class makes not much difference. The jump is only for Zone 5, while Zones 1, 2, and 3 see some slight reduction. But with the cheap fares, why bother with Y class redemption for these zones!

Better use up those miles soon for D class!

Wow. Big jump. But this was inevitable. Redemption rates were ridiculously low. They need to make some money from the Enrich programme instead of seeing it only as a liability.

Time to redeem some J flights to Europe.

The thing i cannot get is using Enrich points to redeem on MH flights will cost more from the 16th Feb than using Enrich points to redeem on a Oneworld carrier. Unless they are also going to be "enhancing" the oneworld redemption. Obviously on some routes one would certainly redeem with MH as they are they only direct flight, but for HKG and LHR(End May onwards) it would be cheaper to redeem on a CX or BA compared to MH. ]

P.S thanks Suzanne for uploading. I haven't figured out how to upload images.

Edited by Henry

As it stands the partner redemption chart is ridiculous. Any enhancement would just make it even more worthless than it already is.

Reminds me of TG which doubled the redemption rates some time ago only to backtrack after a huge backlash from its members. Any volunteers? :p

That is one hell of a jump!! Leave us with a week to clear all the miles...

there are also rumors of conversion rate of credit card points to enrich mile is going up as well, eg 10k point to 1k miles.

Maybank has confirmed that the conversion rate for treatpoints is now 10,000 points to 1000 enrich miles (jump from 7k points to 1k enrich miles), effective from 1 March.

Maybank has confirmed that the conversion rate for treatpoints is now 10,000 points to 1000 enrich miles (jump from 7k points to 1k enrich miles), effective from 1 March.

Im using cimb enrich mastercard. Every month i get average 30k enrich point. Best way to collect enrich point.

Can anyone enlighten me on the benifit of redeeming a higher booking catergory (ie: J or C vs D for Busniess) ?

In my experince enrich redemptions don't qualify for enrich miles ... even if its cash+miles.

Can anyone enlighten me on the benifit of redeeming a higher booking catergory (ie: J or C vs D for Busniess) ?

In my experince enrich redemptions don't qualify for enrich miles ... even if its cash+miles.

Enrich redemptions have their dedicated booking class & as such you can't really redeem an upgrade of your booking class.

As for redemption mileage accruals - I don't think any airline allows passengers to accrue miles on redemptions.

No benefit. The dynamic is that that J and C have more availability - and therefore cost more. If you can get D , just book D. Enrich is dynamic in the sense that you can't book J if C and D are available anyway.

Im using cimb enrich mastercard. Every month i get average 30k enrich point. Best way to collect enrich point.

The CIMB Enrich Mastercard earning rate is 1 Enrich miles for every RM 4 spent. So if you get an average of 30,000 Enrich miles per month, you must be spending an average of RM 120,000 per month on your credit card. Hang beli rumah sebijik tiap2 bulan ka?

I want to be you.

By the way, my life has been downgraded these past few years that I am no longer relevant in the frequent flyer program arena. I had 164 rants in this thread and this rant number 165 should be the last one.

Speaking on downgrade, upon logging in to my Enrich Online account a few days ago, I saw an entry in My Activity 'Card Upgrade on 23 January 2015'. I wonder what it is. My Enrich account balance is 4,529 miles. The last credit from my CIMB Enrich Mastercard was on 27 November 2014 for 42 miles (must have spent RM 168 on that month).

Are they upgrading me to Platinum? (Buah berangan di luar pagar)

These changes have been poorly executed. I have not received any emails about the programme changes. There aren't even any warnings about the changes on their own website (both the MH one and the Enrich one). I think they're hoping to catch people off guard with these bad changes.

Well, they did post something on facebook about exciting offers coming up on the inception date of the changes i.e. 16th Feb. Let's hope it's going to be a whole year long 50% off redemption promotion. *dreaming* :lazy:

Also, the new Maybank rates apparently do not apply to their visa infinite cards. Phew!

Edited by Ashley Lee

Well, they did post something on facebook about exciting offers coming up on the inception date of the changes i.e. 16th Feb. Let's hope it's going to be a whole year long 50% off redemption promotion. *dreaming* :lazy:

Also, the new Maybank rates apparently do not apply to their visa infinite cards. Phew!

I'm gambling the other way, that the promotions aren't quite so "keng" ....so I just cleaned out the accounts at the 11th hour (deep spring clean using clorox and cif and industrial strength detergent) I now have 11 more long haul tickets now :p) Let's see :)

I'm with you on that one, Suzanne. I cleared out 400k points for 4 J tickets from Aus to Europe over the weekend.

Good thing I redeemed flights to London before the deadline. There is no offer for London in the newly released promotion!

Oh do you have details of the promo ?

The CIMB Enrich Mastercard earning rate is 1 Enrich miles for every RM 4 spent. So if you get an average of 30,000 Enrich miles per month, you must be spending an average of RM 120,000 per month on your credit card. Hang beli rumah sebijik tiap2 bulan ka?

Additional Info:

1.Earn 1 Enrich Mile on every RM1 spent on Malaysia Airlines Website (RM1 = 1 Enrich Point)

2.Earn 2 Enrich Miles for every RM4 you spend on overseas retail transactions such as agoda.com, booking.com and etc

My Enrich Statement for Dec 2014

enrich%202014_zpsbj6a6sip.png

My Enrich Statement for Jan 2015

enrich%202015_zpsxiaoa5q3.png

Oh do you have details of the promo ?

Suzanne, it's on the enrich digital world of riches page. Good deals for flights to China (50% off) and some destinations for Australia (ADL and Darwin). As for Europe, promo is only for Paris, Frankfurt and Istanbul with 30% off.

Just received my Platinum pack today. Other than the usual perks of E-Plat, there was a bit about my "continued loyalty" being rewarded with "35% elite tier bonus (versus the regular 30%) and bonus additional 1000 enrich miles with every 10,000 earned" having met the 100k tier miles / 150 sectors criteria. I wonder if this is a new Plat perk? There wasn't any mention about me being an "Enrich Platinum Prestige" member which Henry previously highlighted. I did notice, however, the term "Platinum miles" being used and when comparing the reference on the top of the letters, I now had "UG_PLTP" versus "UG_PLAT" when I first qualified. An email to the Enrich higher ups revealed this:

"Initially, members had to earn 150,000 Platinum miles (by travel on first/business class only on Malaysia Airlines flights) for three consecutive years, accumulating to 450,000 Platinum miles in the third year, to qualify for the Platinum status.

In 2012 and prior to joining oneworld, the management reviewed the entire program and qualifying criteria. Instead of restricting to only Platinum miles (by travel on first/business classes) , the management decided to open the miles earned for all classes (first/business and economy) to enable members to reach the higher tier status faster. This opened the doors to many Enrich Gold members who flew quite extensively with us but with the initial requirement, were never able to reach the Platinum status as they travelled and earned miles in mixed classes.

Thus, a new qualifying criteria was introduced with:

Enrich Blue members required to achieve 25,000 Elite miles/ 30 Elite sectors (previously 40 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Silver

Enrich Silver members required to achieve 50,000 Elite miles/50 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Gold

Enrich Gold members required to achieve 100,000 Elite miles / 130 Elite sectors (previously 80 Elite miles/120 Elite sectors) per calendar year to qualify for Enrich Platinum

We still have our Elite Platinum members who still fly with us solely on first/business class. To keep track of this elite members, we had categorized and classified them as Platinum Plus members. They are known under this category for our internal record purposes only and not published to the public.

We trust the above clarifies."

I clocked 150k+ tier miles last year, a mix of oneworld airlines though. So very confusing.

Edited by Ashley Lee

Suzanne, it's on the enrich digital world of riches page. Good deals for flights to China (50% off) and some destinations for Australia (ADL and Darwin). As for Europe, promo is only for Paris, Frankfurt and Istanbul with 30% off.

Thanks for that. Just saw it - by and large it cost more than yesterday :p (except ADL maybe)

We still have our Elite Platinum members who still fly with us solely on first/business class. To keep track of this elite members, we had categorized and classified them as Platinum Plus members. They are known under this category for our internal record purposes only and not published to the public.

We trust the above clarifies."

That to me is actually poorly written. So the one day you fly one Y segment does that mean you get kicked out? :p Bit harsh right?