MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

After paying surcharge could buy promo d7 ticket.

D7 doesn't fly to ADL from Jan 2015 onwards, and no DRW route unless via QZ.

5 hours in B738 with sandwich for meal and tight seat pitch? Thanks, but no thanks.

No rational person would burn miles for Y tickets. Edited by Chris Tan

5 hours in B738 with sandwich for meal and tight seat pitch? Thanks, but no thanks.

You'll get a proper meal on a 5 hours flight even if it is operated by a 738.

No one goes Darwin lah. No widebody from other country to DRW also I think.

Are you sure?? I got meal for a domestic flight to KCH.

No one goes Darwin lah. No widebody from other country to DRW also I think.

Sometimes travelling is a necessity but not due to the type of aircraft being deployed.

Definitely not on a 5 hours flight operated by 738. However, on domestic flights where meal service is provided, what you get depends on what time is your flight. You will still get the usual nasi lemak or fried noodles on flight departing between 6am to 8am+. But if your flight is departing at 9am or 10am or 3pm, or night flight at 9pm or later, all you will get is just a sandwich and probably a Tong Garden tidbit pack.

Definitely not on a 5 hours flight operated by 738. However, on domestic flights where meal service is provided, what you get depends on what time is your flight. You will still get the usual nasi lemak or fried noodles on flight departing between 6am to 8am+. But if your flight is departing at 9am or 10am or 3pm, or night flight at 9pm or later, all you will get is just a sandwich and probably a Tong Garden tidbit pack.

Not just domestic, but international short haul. Took the red eye to BKK and was given sandwich too.

Sometimes travelling is a necessity but not due to the type of aircraft being deployed.

Yes, my mum did MH730/ MH731 and was given a sandwich only. Previously was full hot meal. Now only sandwich was given.

On late night or overnight flights, I don't eat. I just want to get as much sleep as possible. It makes sense to serve something light rather than a full hot meal.

Yes, my mum did MH730/ MH731 and was given a sandwich only. Previously was full hot meal. Now only sandwich was given.

It's been done for a while already. Flights to regional destinations outside normal meal times will be stocked with refreshments only.

Just to check with those who has Enrich Gold... were you able to bring in a guest to the lounge (shared lounge) while you are in airport overseas and travel in economy class?

I read through the benefits of Enrich Gold which states that we can bring in a guest to the lounge regardless of class of travel, but I had issues when I was in Delhi and Ho Chi Minh. The check in counter says only the card holder is allowed because it is a 3rd party lounge and I am traveling in Economy.

So, I got confuse there....did I understand the benefits wrongly?

Just to check with those who has Enrich Gold... were you able to bring in a guest to the lounge (shared lounge) while you are in airport overseas and travel in economy class?

I read through the benefits of Enrich Gold which states that we can bring in a guest to the lounge regardless of class of travel, but I had issues when I was in Delhi and Ho Chi Minh. The check in counter says only the card holder is allowed because it is a 3rd party lounge and I am traveling in Economy.

It should be you + 1 guest. If it's a third party lounge they should issue two invites with one marked as "guest of (seat no.)" or something to that extent.

It should be you + 1 guest. If it's a third party lounge they should issue two invites with one marked as "guest of (seat no.)" or something to that extent.

Thanks... looks like I got conned there. I will request them to issue me with +1 guest in the future.

You had issues to access lounge in SGN? May I know when it happend because I had no problem as Gold/Sapphire brought my partner for SGN shared CIP Rose lounge in (Sep 2013) & also in (Jun 2013) for Phuket (HKT) airport The Coral Executive lounge eventhough travelling on EY class.

You had issues to access lounge in SGN? May I know when it happend because I had no problem as Gold/Sapphire brought my partner for SGN shared CIP Rose lounge in (Sep 2013) & also in (Jun 2013) for Phuket (HKT) airport The Coral Executive lounge eventhough travelling on EY class.

I just came back from SGN last week. I was traveling with a colleague of mine and we checked in together at the Business Class Counter. The staff at the counter mentioned that they can only give the access to the card holder because the CIP Rose Lounge is a 3rd party lounge...

I tried emailing Enrich to get some clarification, which I can bring along the email if such situation occurs again, but have yet to get any reply

I just came back from SGN last week. I was traveling with a colleague of mine and we checked in together at the Business Class Counter. The staff at the counter mentioned that they can only give the access to the card holder because the CIP Rose Lounge is a 3rd party lounge...

I tried emailing Enrich to get some clarification, which I can bring along the email if such situation occurs again, but have yet to get any reply

Suppose during checkin at Business Class counter they will give u two voucher to access CIP Rose lounge, unless at that time might be already changed to a new policy if any.

Since I changed job and do not travel as frequent anymore, my Enrich Gold had been downgraded. But the last I remember (that was as far back as 2011), I could no longer bring in a guest in a third party lounge. They would allow if I travelled on business and use that ticket and enrich gold to bring in a guest. I imagine the benefits can only get lesser now...

In any case, Enrich has disappointed my on a few occassions - top of the list is that surcharge and taxes are exorbitant when i redeemed for tickets, compared to commercial tickets. I paid so much more especially when that route just recently went on sale! urgh!

Since I changed job and do not travel as frequent anymore, my Enrich Gold had been downgraded. But the last I remember (that was as far back as 2011), I could no longer bring in a guest in a third party lounge. They would allow if I travelled on business and use that ticket and enrich gold to bring in a guest. I imagine the benefits can only get lesser now...

In any case, Enrich has disappointed my on a few occassions - top of the list is that surcharge and taxes are exorbitant when i redeemed for tickets, compared to commercial tickets. I paid so much more especially when that route just recently went on sale! urgh!

It is odd when others in the OneWorld Alliance is practicing something else.

I just got back from flying with Qatar Airways (KUL-DOH-RUY & JED-DOH-KUL) and I have no problems bringing in another guest to the lounge in Doha and the 3rd party lounge in Jeddah. Invitation card were given automatically with one additional guest.

Just received an email from Enrich regarding the new earning and redemption rates. Not too happy with the new structure :( Redemption rates have increased a lot and earning rates for Economy, some fares increased some decreased, those fares that earns 50% will only earn 25% and those earning 75% will be increased to 85%. Business fare Z is 125% whilst J is 175% and C,D remains the same at 150%.

All these taking into effect 16th Feb 2015

Just received an email from Enrich regarding the new earning and redemption rates. Not too happy with the new structure :( Redemption rates have increased a lot and earning rates for Economy, some fares increased some decreased, those fares that earns 50% will only earn 25% and those earning 75% will be increased to 85%. Business fare Z is 125% whilst J is 175% and C,D remains the same at 150%.

Believe mh is trying to limit enrich gold/platinum and redemption to frequent j and f class travellers only.

Many airline view FFP as a profit center but mh sees it as a cost center, hence different approach.

Edited by KK Lee

Nothing new in the aviation industry - the major US airlines have already done something similar.

Nothing new in the aviation industry - the major US airlines have already done something similar.

AA will be next. It's a certainty.

BA did this two weeks ago, along with Lifemiles in October. So If anyone is sitting on a pile of AA or CX miles - my advice is BURN the pile.

Do you have the full / more details?

What are the new redemption rates like? I am thinking of redeeming my enrich miles for flights to London. Should I do it before Feb 16 since I have yet to receive any email regarding the new earning/redemption?