MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

The booking engine bugs came back with a vengeance the past few days. Try dummy booking KUL-BNE for travel the next few weeks you will have a sample of it. MH oh MH, buck up and "bangkit" please!

You mean the system didn't return any result? I tried booking BKI - KUL and there was an error. It directed me to another search page and then only it worked.

It is behaving crazy I don't know how to describe it. Just play around with it, try different fare combinations when you get the 'error' message, you will get what I mean

Edited by V Wong

For example a combo of MH Smart to BNE (priced at RM 1209) and Econ Promo fare (RM 445) from BNE resulted in a final fare of RM 8776... people unfamiliar with the bugs will cry bait and switch! I just rolled my eyes and said 'give up'

Edited by V Wong

Looks like instead of a quarterly WOR we get a WOR every 2 months. Hope it stays that way as it means there are more promotions to look forward to in a year.

And I was just about to redeem a one-way ticket in First class between BKI and LBU...quite a good deal at only 31500 Enrich miles....I hope there will be runway congestion at BKI on departure so that I may maximize my journey in the luxurious and opulent first-class cabin.

And I was just about to redeem a one-way ticket in First class between BKI and LBU...quite a good deal at only 31500 Enrich miles....I hope there will be runway congestion at BKI on departure so that I may maximize my journey in the luxurious and opulent first-class cabin.

31.5k for business is a fantastic deal for a 15 minute flight!

Even better than 46.5k for biz to LHR!

Edited by Chris Tan

I hope there will be runway congestion at BKI on departure so that I may maximize my journey in the luxurious and opulent first-class cabin.

Heck yeah, also hope for runway congestion at LBU too :)

Why, they may even throw in a extra packet of peanuts to pacify you for the inconvenience :D

What excellent value!

Actually why will there be first class on domestic route, or any of the route mentioned in the e-WOR?

It is just a long shot... maybe C has deteriorated to the point it needs F to distinguish domestic service from LCC? :p

Edited by V Wong

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows how are the taxes and surcharges (YQ in particular) calculated on a redemption ticket?

It appears to me that MAS is imposing a higher fuel surcharge on certain routes, especially on countries where YQ is regulated... I was looking at HKG - KUL, it seems that a redemption ticket attracts higher YQ whereas revenue ticket follows the YQ set by the HK Civil Aviation Department.

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows how are the taxes and surcharges (YQ in particular) calculated on a redemption ticket?

It appears to me that MAS is imposing a higher fuel surcharge on certain routes, especially on countries where YQ is regulated... I was looking at HKG - KUL, it seems that a redemption ticket attracts higher YQ whereas revenue ticket follows the YQ set by the HK Civil Aviation Department.

The taxes and surcharges on redemption ticket for HKG-KUL had only been raised recently to HKD 660. About a month ago it was around HKD 370 total if my memory serves me right

The taxes and surcharges on redemption ticket for HKG-KUL had only been raised recently to HKD 660. About a month ago it was around HKD 370 total if my memory serves me right

Yes you are right. I did check the route a couple of months ago, the surcharges were a lot lower. I wonder if this is allowed, I always thought YQ ex-HK is regulated...

Hi

I know precisely why. PM me if you want to know :)

I have a quick questions. I have a few thousand miles on my USairways account. Can i consolidate those point with my MH's points?

nope. Two different currencies. This question actually pops up a lot - there is an assumption that since two airlines are in the same alliance therefore you can easily move miles about the same way you would exchange Yen for MYR at a money changer. This is false.

Barring a few few few exceptions (and even with these exceptions, the route is circuitous, and extremely poor value), you cannot consolidate miles like that.

US Dividend miles can be used to redeem MH (or any one world flights), provided the ENTIRE amount for the ticket comes from your US account, and utilising the US partner award chart.

MH miles can be used to redeem US (or any one world flights), provided the ENTIRE amount comes from your MH account and utilising the MH partner award chart.

US Dividend miles and status can be earned by flying on MH (or any one world carrier in an appropriate fare booking code)

MH miles and status can be earned by flying on US (or any one world carrier in an appropriate fare booking code)

However, 1 US mile plus 1 Enrich mile does not add up to 2 miles of anything.

Substitute US/MH with BA/S7/LA/QR/JL/CX/QF/AB/RJ/AA in any of the above statements it would still hold true.

Best thing to do with you US miles? Buy some more and redeem them. It's a shame you're a little late to the party as they used to be GREAT value when they were still in Star, and they ran 1 for 1 bonus programs for buying miles all the time...

I have approx 25,000 miles on Enrich left, and looking to use it all in mid-October (only time I'll be free).

Suggest what I can do with that amount please :D

Was considering HKG, but when tax is included, the price is just the same as AirAsia at about RM550.

So if anyone can give some great suggestions.. it would be much appreciated!

Redeem Enrich vouchers and get yourself some perfumes (either for yourself or to give to loved ones).

I did that and gained relationship plus points with my partner! :air_kiss: ... (even after I told her I was actually a cheapskate and didn't even spend a single cent!)

50% is back. Only valid for travel 1/10 to 15/12 though. Not Like last year. Saw it in my e-statement

50% is back. Only valid for travel 1/10 to 15/12 though. Not Like last year. Saw it in my e-statement