MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

You can. It's called Enrich Transfer iirc. You need to log in to your wife's Enrich website to see the option. Chargeable though.

Instead of going through Enrich, I was planning to convert her credit card points directly to my Enrich account instead :p

Bravo MH! Love this features so much. Its like Avios of BA. Will love you more if your IT boys create something like this for flight upgrade. :clapping:

cashmile.jpg

The cash + miles FAQs. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en/enrich/faqs/redeeming-cash-plus-miles.html

Redeeming Cash + Miles

What is Cash + Miles?
Cash+Miles is a new service from Enrich that allows members to redeem flights to selected all destinations with as little as 1,000 Enrich Miles. Members can top up the difference by paying cash with their credit card.

What is Cash + Miles award redemption?
Cash + Miles redemption allows members to redeem with part cash and part Enrich Miles. Cash, in this term refers to payment by credit card.

Can I redeem at Call Center or any Malaysia Airlines ticket offices?
No, Cash + Miles redemption is only available online at malaysiaairlines.com

How do I redeem Cash + Miles award?
Members will need to log into their Enrich account at www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com to complete the Cash + Miles redemption.

I do not have a password to access to my account Online?
Please log in to www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com to request for a password. Please ensure your email address is updated in your Enrich profile as the password will be generated to a valid email address updated in the profile.

Is Cash + Miles award considered a purchased/revenue ticket?
No, Cash + Miles is an Award ticket. It is a full redemption.

Will the current Terms & Conditions for Online redemption apply for Cash + Miles award redemption?
Yes. The current Online redemption terms and conditions, the Enrich terms and condition are part of the terms and conditions available for Cash + Miles redemption.

Who is eligible to redeem this Cash + Miles award redemption?
Adults and children above 2 years of age. Infants are not eligible.

What are the minimum miles required for Cash + Miles award redemption?
1,000 minimum Enrich Miles are required to complete a Cash + Miles redemption transaction.

Can I choose the number of Enrich Miles I wish to redeem for Cash + Miles award ticket?
Yes but the minimum is 1,000 miles.

Will I earn Enrich Miles for the cash part paid for the redemption?
No, you will not earn Enrich Miles for the cash portion paid for the redemption.

Can I redeem on one-world or partner airlines?
No, Cash + Miles redemption is only applicable on Malaysia Airlines flights.

If I decide to cancel the Cash + Miles redemption ticket, will I get refund?
Redemption tickets are not refundable. However, the cash part is refundable and subject to refund charges.

Is the Cash + Miles redemption available for group travel of more than 10 passengers?
No, Cash + Miles redemption is not applicable for a group consisting of more than 10 passengers. Maximum number allowed is 9 passengers.

Do I have to pay for airport taxes, surcharges for Cash + Miles redemption?
Yes. You will be responsible for all airport taxes and any other charges, claims or liabilities arising in relation to the use of Cash plus Miles redemption tickets.

If I miss/cancel the flight redeemed at the last minute, can I re-book for another flight?
Yes, you are allowed to re-book to another flight. However, there is a NO-SHOW fee imposed for the flight cancelled/missed.

If I am unable to travel, can I transfer the redemption ticket to a family member?
No. Redemption ticket is not transferable.

What is the validity of a Cash + Miles redemption ticket?
6 months from date of travel.

If I am unable to travel and wish to extend my redemption ticket, is this allowed?
Yes. For a fee, redemption tickets can be extended to one year from original date of ticket issued.

If I travel within the 6 months validity, do I still have to pay when I change my date of travel?
Yes, for a fee.

If due to payment failure, I am unable to redeem Online for a Cash + Miles redemption, can I contact the Call Center or redeem at any Malaysia Airlines ticket offices?
No. Cash + Miles is strictly to be transacted Online. As the payment is subject to approval/authorization by the respective banks, you are requested to contact your bank for an unsuccessful transaction or attempt again with an alternative credit card.

If I change my destination and higher Enrich Miles are required but, I have insufficient Enrich Miles to redeem, can I pay for the additional miles required?
No. Cash + Miles redemption is ONLY allowed once. You must have sufficient miles to redeem if change in destination requires additional miles to be deducted.

Can I purchase Enrich Miles to top up to redeem a Cash + Miles redemption?
You must have 70% of the Enrich Miles required to redeem in your account to be able to purchase a maximum of 30% Enrich Miles.

Is there discount for children under Cash + Miles redemption?
No. Enrich Miles required for a Child Ticket redemption will be the same as for an Adult ticket.

What is multi-city? Can I redeem a multi-city redemption?
Multi-city refers to a stopover or open-jaw. No, multi-city redemption is not applicable for Cash + Miles award Online redemption.

Once a Cash + Miles award ticket is redeemed, can I change the number of Enrich Miles redeemed to cash instead to save my Enrich Miles?
No. Once redeemed , the Enrich Miles cannot be converted to cash.

Is Cash + Miles redemption for one-way and return itineraries only?
Yes.

Will I still enjoy 15% Online discount or other promo offers with Cash + Miles award redemption?
Yes, you will still enjoy the applicable discounts made available for Online award redemption.

If I change my routing/date upon a Cash + Miles redemption, will I still enjoy the normal 15% Online discount?
No. Normal Enrich Miles will apply once a change in routing is involved. For other Online promos offered, if travel is within the applicable promo period, you can continue to enjoy the applicable discount offered.

Is the Cash + Miles refundable?
Yes, only the cash portion is refundable subject to a refund fee and amount will credited back to the credit card. The miles portion is NOT refundable and will be forfeited.

When must I submit the Cash + Miles award ticket for refund?
The Cash + Miles award ticket must be submitted for refund within 12 months from the original date of ticket issued.

If I submit Cash + Miles award ticket for refund after 12 months?
The ticket is considered null and void if submitted after 12 months from original date of ticket issued and no refund will be allowed in any form.

Did some playing around with the system - not cheap. Equivalent of RM100 per 1000 miles co-pay portion.....

Did you mean RM100 per additional 1000 miles?

I just chose a random date on a KUL-LHR route in Y and I think the saving was some RM250 or thereabouts for the first/min. 1000 miles, on a commercial ticket - which is useful if one had orphan-miles or can just sign up on Enrich and you effectively get that discount.

But trying something shorter such as KUL-BKI and the miles-slider failed to work. (Of course with the fares that MH is throwing on domestic routes, one doesnt really need miles)

Btw, your wish came true!

(Did MH increase the redemption rates btw?)

Did you mean RM100 per additional 1000 miles?

I just chose a random date on a KUL-LHR route in Y and I think the saving was some RM250 or thereabouts for the first/min. 1000 miles, on a commercial ticket - which is useful if one had orphan-miles or can just sign up on Enrich and you effectively get that discount.

But trying something shorter such as KUL-BKI and the miles-slider failed to work. (Of course with the fares that MH is throwing on domestic routes, one doesnt really need miles)

Btw, your wish came true!

(Did MH increase the redemption rates btw?)

No - I don't think they increased the redemption rates. My usual routes and all still the same miles - but I didn't check other routes though.

The cash and miles really helps only if you're pretty close to the mark, otherwise, it's not really worthwhile, especially if the differential between that and revenue earning tickets is small, you might as well buy the tickets outright.

edit; Yeah - every 1000 enrich miles you don't have to redeem, costs 100 rm to buy via the slider

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Just tried dummy booking for MH Enrich redemption for return trip KUL/HKG (First Class) and HKG/KUL (Business Class) via A380.

1. If full miles redemption it's quoted per pax 68250 miles + MYR650 (surchages & taxes) = Total to be paid 68250 miles + MYR650

2. If cash + miles redemption (consider 34000 miles used) it's quoted per pax 34000 miles + MYR2398 (flight price) + MYR650 (surchages & taxes) = Total to be paid 34000 miles + MYR3048

Tried if purchase normal booking same route and class it's quoted per pax Total Air Fare: MYR4699

So which one better? :D

MH_HKG_zps81b9d92d.jpg

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Just tried dummy booking for MH Enrich redemption for return trip KUL/HKG (First Class) and HKG/KUL (Business Class) via A380.

1. If full miles redemption it's quoted per pax 68250 miles + MYR650 (surchages & taxes) = Total to be paid 68250 miles + MYR650

2. If cash + miles redemption (consider 34000 miles used) it's quoted per pax 34000 miles + MYR2398 (flight price) + MYR650 (surchages & taxes) = Total to be paid 34000 miles + MYR3048

Tried if purchase normal booking same route and class it's quoted per pax Total Air Fare: MYR4699

MH_HKG_zps81b9d92d.jpg

Neither. You redeem First to Hongkong only one way, then buy a revenue ZAPOWHK fare from there back.... try it and do the math :)

MH_HKG_zps81b9d92d.jpg

For circa RM4k+, at certain times of the year, one can get SQ in biz KUL-SIN-HKG vv...on 380s as well. which I think is far better value than one-way on MH F.

For circa RM4k+, at certain times of the year, one can get SQ in biz KUL-SIN-HKG vv...on 380s as well. which I think is far better value than one-way on MH F.

Neither. You redeem First to Hongkong only one way, then buy a revenue ZAPOWHK fare from there back.... try it and do the math :)

I wonder what is the points of collecting Enrich or KF miles :fool: :sorry:

Apparently the Enrich office in KL Sentral is closed.

A more pleasant experience is in store for members who visit the Enrich Service Centre at KL Sentral. Our Enrich Service Centre here will cease operations on 23 October 2013 and move to the newly upgraded Malaysia Airlines ticketing office at the Kuala Lumpur City Air Terminal at KL Sentral (Departure Hall) on 24 October 2013. Branded Journey Gateway, this one-stop Service Centre combines Enrich and Malaysia Airlines ticketing services under one roof.

At Journey Gateway, we will be able to serve you better with:

A dedicated desk for Enrich Platinum members
Dedicated desks for First and Business Class, Enrich Gold and Enrich Silver
Dedicated counters for Economy Class, Enrich Blue and GRADS
Self-service kiosks
iPads for online transaction

You will also be able to enjoy Malaysia Airlines services such as:

Ticket refunds
Issuance of Australian ETA (Electronic Travel Authority)
Issuance of oneworld® tickets, reissuance and multi-city issuance
Special service requests such as seat and meal requests

We are here to welcome you every single day of the year, including public holidays, from 4am up till midnight. It's because we want to make your journeys more convenient. We hope to see you here soon.

Also, a credit card points conversion promotion until 15 November 2013. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/creditcardpromo

I redeemed 21,000 Citibank points for Enrich miles on 20 October. I did not get the extra 10% as stated in the above promotion. Is it going to be credited after the promotion ended? Paging Suhaimi Fariz!

I just redeemed another 14,000 Citibank points for Enrich miles just now. Hoping for a better outcome.

On the plus side, I do not have any more credit card points left to be converted into Enrich miles when the new higher conversion rate is being applied on 1 December 2013.

OT: Loved the new Citibank Online page. Thousand times better and faster than the previous one. I got to use my original username as well.

A more pleasant experience is in store for members who visit the Enrich Service Centre at KL Sentral. Our Enrich Service Centre here will cease operations on 23 October 2013 and move to the newly upgraded Malaysia Airlines ticketing office at the Kuala Lumpur City Air Terminal at KL Sentral (Departure Hall) on 24 October 2013. Branded Journey Gateway, this one-stop Service Centre combines Enrich and Malaysia Airlines ticketing services under one roof.

I saw it last week but i don't think they lease more office space, did they ? If they didn't then the place is actually getting more crowded with them moving the Enrich service desks to the ticketing office...

Anyway, they were doing final touch-up when i was there to catch the KLIA Express to KLIA last Sunday and the new office looked pretty awesome.

We are here to welcome you every single day of the year, including public holidays, from 4am up till midnight. It's because we want to make your journeys more convenient. We hope to see you here soon.

A much welcome change! Previously the Enrich service centre only opened until 5pm and it was off day for them on Sunday.

So happy about the credit card to Enrich transfer bonus promotion. I will be transferring heaps of points across. This is the first time I can recall that there has been a bonus points promotion for transfers from Australian based credit cards!

Also, a credit card points conversion promotion until 15 November 2013. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/creditcardpromo
I redeemed 21,000 Citibank points for Enrich miles on 20 October. I did not get the extra 10% as stated in the above promotion. Is it going to be credited after the promotion ended? Paging Suhaimi Fariz!
I just redeemed another 14,000 Citibank points for Enrich miles just now. Hoping for a better outcome.
On the plus side, I do not have any more credit card points left to be converted into Enrich miles when the new higher conversion rate is being applied on 1 December 2013.
OT: Loved the new Citibank Online page. Thousand times better and faster than the previous one. I got to use my original username as well.

E-mail your details to socialmedia.team@malaysiaairlines.com - will check it on Monday.

Thank you.

Enrich should sign up a UK based credit card too. Been wondering why there isn't any. They even have a Saudi based credit card in the program.

It is already Nov 1 and the new Enrich newsletter is STILL not out!!

Well there was a time several years back, during the 'golden reign' of Raja Nordiana, it is not uncommon that the WoR is only release after more than a week of its supposedly issue date.

I wonder what happens to Karen C?

I was at KL Sentral on Sunday. The newly renovated ticketing office and Enrich office are together now and its look great. At least Enrich is open when the ticketing office is open so 4am to midnight Monday to Sunday, unlike before 9-5 Monday to Friday.

I was there to sort out my Enrich problems and I asked about the latest WoR and they don't even know what the promotion is because they haven't printed the books yet and management hasn't sent them a print out of what promotion is running. They could only tell me that London and Australia is on 2x miles.

I was there to sort out my Enrich problems and I asked about the latest WoR and they don't even know what the promotion is because they haven't printed the books yet and management hasn't sent them a print out of what promotion is running. They could only tell me that London and Australia is on 2x miles.

That sounds promising at least. Will be going to London in Jan so I'd love the double miles, especially in J class!

My goodness. Nov 5 and still no new WoR!!