MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

I managed to redeem my miles for a flight in March yesterday after multiple attempts. It was really disappointing to keep reloading the website. Why can't Enrich server use the same server as MAS website?

From MH FB

‎[ALERT] Dear Enrich members, our online redemption system is now restored. Apologise for the inconvenience.

Congratulations ENRICH Malaysia Airlines for replying my email after 4-month wait. Lovely! And after 4 months, I don't think I still keep my boarding pass to submit my missing partner airlines miles claim.

Thumbs up for the good work! Seriously I envy the way you work! 4 months to get 1 reply? That's awesome!

agak-agak ada tak orang MAS nak jawab ni?

Congratulations ENRICH Malaysia Airlines for replying my email after 4-month wait. Lovely! And after 4 months, I don't think I still keep my boarding pass to submit my missing partner airlines miles claim.

Thumbs up for the good work! Seriously I envy the way you work! 4 months to get 1 reply? That's awesome!

agak-agak ada tak orang MAS nak jawab ni?

Ok, now that you've got your reply from Enrich, you can stop throwing a "hissy fit."

Ok, now that you've got your reply from Enrich, you can stop throwing a "hissy fit."

Yeah...

I think most of Enrich members receive reply from that person today

Been checking with a few friends of mine, they receive the same email too....

Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen!

Enrich is our program. When Enrich talk, you listen. Let me talk, let me talk, let me talk, let me talk, let me talk.

Kenapa compare Enrich dengan FFP2 lain yang buat kerja cepat 4 hari tu? Kalau tak suka Enrich ambik masa 4 bulan untuk masukkan miles from airline partners, pegi je fly airline Cuba, Argentina dan Libya sana. We are sorry to say that among all the 2.3 juta Enrich members yang happy dengan service cemerlang yang kami berikan, you have a least of education.

You ingat 4 bulan ni masalah you ke? Lembu, anjing, ikan pun banyak masalah tau. You pernah makan sharks fin soup kan? Listen!

Kau mampu?

I couldn't bother to claim my miles on AF, knowing I have to post my boarding pass for some meaningless miles. Reading what other people posted here, I'm glad I didn't do it.

Can anyone shed some light what booking class in MH can accumulate miles and sectors in OW alliance frequest flyer partners when MH joins OW on 1st Feb ? Was surfin around MH website n could not find anything

Can anyone shed some light what booking class in MH can accumulate miles and sectors in OW alliance frequest flyer partners when MH joins OW on 1st Feb ? Was surfin around MH website n could not find anything

The answer to this would be found not on the MH site but the other OW airlines's site. Nothing yet on the few that I checked though. If history is anything to go by - it'll probably be divided into two tiers of Y , call it a saver/discount with lower miles and a higher flex/full Y tier.

J will probably accrue all the way down to I class at one earning rate across the board. F the same.

The answer to this would be found not on the MH site but the other OW airlines's site. Nothing yet on the few that I checked though. If history is anything to go by - it'll probably be divided into two tiers of Y , call it a saver/discount with lower miles and a higher flex/full Y tier.

J will probably accrue all the way down to I class at one earning rate across the board. F the same.

Thanks, SQ Girl....how about the sectors flown...is its the same sector for OW partners if I fly MH in saver Y compared to flexi Y

I tried to make a dummy booking for PEN-KUL return next week but under the Passenger Details section no options for you to enter other OW FFP number other than Enrich....can anyone advise here

Some other information which have managed to gather:

- Enrich is now recognising 5 other oneworld airlines as its partners - AA, CX, IB, QF and S7.

- AF, AZ, DJ, DL, EY, KL, UL, VS and 9W are still listed as Enrich partners.

- Finnair has published its accrual rates table for MH flights:

First: A, F (150% booking class percentage)

Business: C, D, J, Z (125% booking class percentage)
Economy: Y, B, H (100% booking class percentage)
Economy: K, M (50% booking class percentage)
Economy: V, L, S (25% booking class percentage)

Some other information which have managed to gather:

- Enrich is now recognising 5 other oneworld airlines as its partners - AA, CX, IB, QF and S7.

- AF, AZ, DJ, DL, EY, KL, UL, VS and 9W are still listed as Enrich partners.

- Finnair has published its accrual rates table for MH flights:

First: A, F (150% booking class percentage)

Business: C, D, J, Z (125% booking class percentage)

Economy: Y, B, H (100% booking class percentage)

Economy: K, M (50% booking class percentage)

Economy: V, L, S (25% booking class percentage)

The same accrual rates have been published on the JAL website : http://www.my.jal.com/world/en/jalmile/flight/mh.html

It's about 24 hours left before 1 February 2013 the new WoR is still nowhere to be found. Just if it slips the airline's mind, this upcoming WoR (1 February - 30 April) is the most important and highly anticipated one. Don't spoil everyone's oneworld mood by publishing the newsletter late like during Raja Nordiana's time.

The brand new WoR, the first for MH as a oneworld member is now online.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/enrich/worldofriches.pdf

Perusing and scrutinising it at the moment.

Now that MH is in oneworld, the big question for all knowledgeable, sophisticated and cultured Enrich members, to stay with or to switch from Enrich?

Just to share some brainstorming in my head:

- the usual 30% discount on redemption for the quarter is gone. I expect the trend to continue in the upcoming quarters. Not good.

- Enrich Online is has been given a little makeover but the redemption function all resulting in an error when I played with it just now.

- reading through several aviation related forums, I noticed a lot of Enrich members are switching to AAdvantage or The Executive Club. I am not sure if it is the best thing to do (although I am aware of the degree of individuality in each cases).

- Both AAdvantage and The Executive Club offers evergreen miles, which mean the miles earn with them will not expire with a tolerable condition, which is great. Enrich miles only valid for 3 years only, though one can pay for an extension of its life for another year.

- AAdvantage does not have MH as their partner yet and even so, they only have 4 oneworld airlines (out of 12) as partners. I am not sure if AA allows redemption on AA codeshare flights operated by the other non partner airlines or not. Also, I could not find the redemption rate for AA from LON to KUL. It mentioned in their page that I may need to call their Customer Service for non straight forward itinerary, which is a hassle.

- The Executive Club allows a redemption from LON to KUL using their partner (which might be MH) but the rate they quote is 35,000 miles one way vs. 25,500 miles if I were to do it via Enrich. And I still have to pay all the corresponding taxes and surcharges too. Not good.

- Redemption via Enrich Online is guaranteed for a last minute ticket. I don't know about AA and BA.

- If I get a job in the UK and get to travel a lot for it with BA, I think I will be hassled by Enrich's traditional way of miles crediting by partner airlines.

Considering all circumstances, I think it is still best to stick with Enrich for the time being. Hope others who are also a member of AAdvantage or The Executive Club can share their view points on the subject.

Just to share some brainstorming in my head:

- AAdvantage does not have MH as their partner yet and even so, they only have 4 oneworld airlines (out of 12) as partners. I am not sure if AA allows redemption on AA codeshare flights operated by the other non partner airlines or not. Also, I could not find the redemption rate for AA from LON to KUL. It mentioned in their page that I may need to call their Customer Service for non straight forward itinerary, which is a hassle.

- The Executive Club allows a redemption from LON to KUL using their partner (which might be MH) but the rate they quote is 35,000 miles one way vs. 25,500 miles if I were to do it via Enrich. And I still have to pay all the corresponding taxes and surcharges too. Not good.

- Redemption via Enrich Online is guaranteed for a last minute ticket. I don't know about AA and BA.

- If I get a job in the UK and get to travel a lot for it with BA, I think I will be hassled by Enrich's traditional way of miles crediting by partner airlines.

Considering all circumstances, I think it is still best to stick with Enrich for the time being. Hope others who are also a member of AAdvantage or The Executive Club can share their view points on the subject.

AA (or most airlines for that matter) doesn't allow redemption on code-share flights. Most award tickets are booked directly from the operating carrier itself.

AA's EU-East Asia award requirements for one way travel are 32/52.5/70k miles (Y/C/F). No YQ on award other than BA/IB flights. Generous routing rules - up to 125% of the MPM (as long as it's a published fare). You could fly LHR-PEK-HKG-DPS-KUL and it's still way below the MPM although no stopover are allowed other than north American "gateway" cities.

You have to define "last minute" - I have booked and ticketed same day travel using my AA/UA miles on LA and combination of *A before. Maybe like 6-7 hours prior to travel. If the agent sees the space, it's yours. Same goes for BA - I booked and ticketed day before travel, granted that was flying BA using Avios.

Edited by Craig

The brand new WoR, the first for MH as a oneworld member is now online.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/enrich/worldofriches.pdf

Perusing and scrutinising it at the moment.

Now that MH is in oneworld, the big question for all knowledgeable, sophisticated and cultured Enrich members, to stay with or to switch from Enrich?

The answer for you- is easy if you will do as your post says I.e work and live in the UK- BA exec club has fantastic redemptions Intra Europe. Add that to co-pay options you could be going all over Europe for as low as 2,250 Avios and £20 or so.

Reasonably pleased with the program overall despite being based In KL.