MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Excellent, I love those double enrich miles promotions!

Oooh...me too! Except I'm missing out on the KUL-LHR sector since I'm flying that today...just missed it by 1 day. But I'll get double miles on the way back in 3 week's time. What a pity there's no double miles on the SYD-KUL sector...

Got back from the MH office near Earls Court. Arrived there at about 10am, and only 1 counter was open and he was serving one customer. Took about 20 minutes waiting time till I got my turn. Then it took ANOTHER 20 minutes to get my ticket sorted. As with Azman, there was a lot of typing - is he rekeying in my flight data or what? And one more thing about upgrade from ex-LHR, effective 1st Nov, there Air Passenger Duty charges are now GBP170 for Business class (not sure what it was previously)! I had to fork out additional GBP85 for my seat (see below). So not worth it but since I was ALREADY there and had to ship loads back, I decided to just go for it. I would recommend upgrade ex-KUL as the taxes are the same for both classes.

Economy

Code Description Amount

GB United Kingdom: Air Passengers Duty GBP 85.00 each

UB United Kingdom: Passenger Service Charge GBP 22.97 each

YQ Admin fee, Fuel (where applicable) and other surcharges GBP 70.20 each

Business

Code Description Amount

GB United Kingdom: Air Passengers Duty GBP 170.00 each

Tragic!

Got back from the MH office near Earls Court. Arrived there at about 10am, and only 1 counter was open and he was serving one customer. Took about 20 minutes waiting time till I got my turn. Then it took ANOTHER 20 minutes to get my ticket sorted. As with Azman, there was a lot of typing - is he rekeying in my flight data or what? And one more thing about upgrade from ex-LHR, effective 1st Nov, there Air Passenger Duty charges are now GBP170 for Business class (not sure what it was previously)! I had to fork out additional GBP85 for my seat (see below). So not worth it but since I was ALREADY there and had to ship loads back, I decided to just go for it. I would recommend upgrade ex-KUL as the taxes are the same for both classes.

Economy

Code Description Amount

GB United Kingdom: Air Passengers Duty GBP 85.00 each

Business

Code Description Amount

GB United Kingdom: Air Passengers Duty GBP 170.00 each

Tragic!

Well, you can blame the British government for those exorbitent Air Passenger Duties!

2010 Enrich Shopping Indulgence

148112_474149452339_175282952339_5607441_2330895_n.jpg

Enjoy up to 65% discount on selected items and other great deals.

So make a date and treat yourself to a great day of shopping.

Spread the word and bring your friends – shopping is always best shared.

GREAT BRANDS! GREAT DISCOUNTS! GREAT REDEMPTIONS!

Enrich Shopping Indulgence 2010

PNB-MAS Building (opposite Equatorial Hotel)

Jalan Sultan Ismail

Kuala Lumpur

25 Nov: 12pm – 8pm / 26 Nov: 10am – 8pm / 27 Nov: 10am – 5pm

Participating partners :

Temptations, MASholidays, Firefly and many more !

Well, you can blame the British government for those exorbitent Air Passenger Duties!

Oh yes, even the Brits are grumbling about the fees. You're better off landing in FRA or AMS and take the train to the UK. May cost almost the same, but at least you can visit two countries!

2010 Enrich Shopping Indulgence

148112_474149452339_175282952339_5607441_2330895_n.jpg

Enjoy up to 65% discount on selected items and other great deals.

So make a date and treat yourself to a great day of shopping.

Spread the word and bring your friends – shopping is always best shared.

GREAT BRANDS! GREAT DISCOUNTS! GREAT REDEMPTIONS!

Enrich Shopping Indulgence 2010

PNB-MAS Building (opposite Equatorial Hotel)

Jalan Sultan Ismail

Kuala Lumpur

25 Nov: 12pm – 8pm / 26 Nov: 10am – 8pm / 27 Nov: 10am – 5pm

Participating partners :

Temptations, MASholidays, Firefly and many more !

Enrich Gold members are invited at 10am on the 25th for launching!

i went there at 10...

sahara tent buffet was really nice!

sedap sedap sedap!

and i accidently buy myself 2 bottles of perfume because it was cheap!

Yup, perfumes so far pricing was good but not more choices esp. for men. :D

Enrich Gold members are invited at 10am on the 25th for launching!

too bad, meetings line up this morning or else, i'll be there before 10.

anything interesting?

i went there at 10...

sahara tent buffet was really nice!

sedap sedap sedap!

and i accidently buy myself 2 bottles of perfume because it was cheap!

I'm also accidently bought FY football club jersey @ RM55 for 2. Available colors in black, dark blue, orange and white.

IMG_15292.jpg

I also noticed that you can now earn elite miles on Enrich when flying on Virgin Blue, which is great news for Australian travellers! I wonder what's led to this and is this any indication that there's more collaboration in store for these 2 airlines? Virgin Blue have just signed a major partnership deal with Etihad too involving the earning of status credits between the 2 airlines. These 3 all don't belong to a major alliance.

Does anyone have any problem in logging in to Enrich Online? Since yesterday I keep on getting this error.

System Error

Sorry! We have encountered an error while processing your request. Click here to login again and continue. If the error persists please try later .

For assistance, please contact our Enrich Contact Centre at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia), +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia) or at enrichweb@mas.com.my

Is it system wide or me alone?

Does anyone have any problem in logging in to Enrich Online? Since yesterday I keep on getting this error.

Is it system wide or me alone?

You using this link right? https://www.enrich.malaysiaairlines.com/EnrichWebsite/Login.jsp?lang=EN

I had no problem and successed login in to Enrich Online. Maybe u should try clear a cache and try login again.

In anticipation of the new World of Riches newsletter that will be out on 1 February 2011, I did a mock redemption and it seems that all European, Japanese and ASEAN destinations are given the usual 30% discount. This will be for travel period beginning 1 February 2011 until 30 April 2011.

A confirmation will follow, the moment the newsletter is uploaded on MH's website.

I hope there are double miles between Australia and Malaysia in the next issue. I'm doing 2 trips to KL between Feb 1 and Apr 30.

From the mock bookings that I did, the 30% discount on redemption will not be offered to Australian destinations in the next quarter. Based on past trends, the double/triple earn promotion comes in pair with the discount on redemption promotion for one particular region.

From the mock bookings that I did, the 30% discount on redemption will not be offered to Australian destinations in the next quarter. Based on past trends, the double/triple earn promotion comes in pair with the discount on redemption promotion for one particular region.

I thought as much. How annoying!! :angry:

The new WoR (Feb-Apr edition) is out now!

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/enrich/WOR.pdf

Bonus points earnings are a little uninspiring in this issue (only domestic and ASEAN destinations earn double points). Alitalia is now a formal partner. You can redeem for flights on Alitalia but no elite miles are earned, from what I can see.

That link, as well as on the website, stilll points to the previous Nov-Jan11 WoR issue.

Are you sure? Works fine for me.

BTW, any of you insiders know why the "World of Riches" seems to arrive in Brisbane so late? I am sent a complimentary (physical) copy, but it always seems to arrive at the end of the second month, or even at the start of the third month for the three months that the issue is current for. By the time it arrives, it's too late to do anything... and it's supposed to be sent airmail from Hong Kong.

I have often wondered where it went off to before appearing in the post, must be down some "rabbit hole"!

Another thing, do you MH experts know how the "Elite Tier Bonus" is definitively calculated? When travelling First or Business Class with Malaysia Airlines, Enrich Silver, Gold and Platinum holders gain an extra 25% of the class of service bonus they earn.

See http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/enrich/faqs/enrich-tier-benefits.html

Let's take an example of KUL-BNE, assumed to be 4,000 miles each way, flying in Business Class, holder has Silver Tier Enrich card.

Method 1 (the 25% class of service bonus is in addition to the 150% for C/J/D)

= 4,000 miles x (150% D Class + 25% class of service bonus)

= 4,000 miles x 175%

= 7,000 Enrich Miles

Method 2 (the 25% class of service bonus is the difference between Business and Economy only)

= (4,000 miles x 150% D Class) + 25% class of service bonus ((4,000 miles x 150% D Class) - (4,000 miles x 100% Y Class))

= (4,000 miles x 150% D Class) + 25% class of service bonus (2,000 miles)

= (4,000 x 150%) + 25% x 2,000

= 6,000 + 500

= 6,500 Enrich Miles

I know it's not a big deal, but when I called MH on 13 26 27, the call centre personnel didn't know about the "class of service bonus" at all, not even the supervisor...