MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

1 August 2010. There should be a new World of Riches newsletter being issued out today, but of course as in the case of every single quarter, don't let a slow 5 star airline ruins your redemption plan.

I did a research at the Online Redemption features and there seems to be a 30% discount on redemption to NRT, KIX, PEK, ICN, (31,500 Enrich miles for a return ticket in Economy Class); PVG, HKG, CAN, MNL, DPS (for 24,500 Enrich miles); BKK (for 17,500 Enrich miles) and SIN (for 14,000 Enrich miles).

So I think for this quarter (August - October 2010), there is a 30% discount on redemption to Japan, China and selected ASEAN destinations for those who are interested. And only in Economy Class. Premium classes are not entitled for this 30% discount.

Premium classes are not entitled for this 30% discount.

I suppose these premiums are doing well on MH?

There's no harm giving some discounts for the premiums , as one can bring a companion. They do have companion redemption tickets, but it remains high ( tho' its less than the usual)

I suppose these premiums are doing well on MH?

There's no harm giving some discounts for the premiums , as one can bring a companion. They do have companion redemption tickets, but it remains high ( tho' its less than the usual)

The companon redemption tickets are amazing value. I just got one from SYD-LHR return and it only cost 116,000 points! Mind you, taxes to London in premium classes are now just over A$900 but still... A business class ticket from SYD to LHR return on MH now costs about A$7000. A business class redemption ticket on QF is over 250,000 points and they don't even offer companion tickets. MH's normal business class redemption ticket for the same sector is only 145,000.

I'm loving the new WOR! Just saw that I get an automatic upgrade to Silver when I redeem Enrich points from Westpac Altitude rewards between Aug 1 and Sep 30. I wonder if this means I get to reach Gold with all my flights at the end of the year... Can anybody clarify this?

The new World of Richest newsletter (for the quarter of 1 August - 31 October 2010) was uploaded on MH's website on 4 August 2010. It can he downloaded here. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/downloaloyalty/enrich/WOR_Aug-oct2010.pdf

As predicted, MH offers 30% discount on redemption for Economy Class for the following destinations:

ASEAN - BDO, BKK, DPS, HAN, SGN, CGK, MNL, MES, SIN, SUB

China - PEK, CAN, HKG, KMG, PVG, XMN

North East Asia - KHH, KIX, ICN, TPE, NRT

And just like the previous quarter, redemption can be made from KUL, BKI, KCH, PEN and JHB for all the destinations mentioned above.

But amongst all the redemption promo, there is one that I found amusing. There is a JHB to SIN flight on offer, whose routing is JHB-KUL-SIN vv covering a distance of 340 miles each way. This flight is being offered at 14,000 Enrich miles for a return ticket in Economy Class. I don't think there is anyone in the right mind who would redeem this flight, simply because one can get from JHB to SIN just by crossing the Causeway using car/bus/train in significantly much less time, distance and cost.

I think there are some aviation fanatics that would take that route, I'm pretty certain :D

I would take it!

I have done KUL to SIN via (1) LGK (2) PEN and (2) KCH on more than a few occasions - on same ticket-itinerary, immediate connections but different airlines. Once, I had checked bags from KUL-KCH-SIN and the check-in lady at KUL just stared at the itinerary for a good few seconds, not sure if there was an error somewhere and how to do the baggage tags, and if there will be proper baggage transfer at KCH.

LOL! There's another redemption from JHB that cost 14,000 Enrich miles as well. JHB-(KUL)-MES-(KUL)-JHB, which I think is much better than the detour return trip to SIN via KUL.

In this quarter, I think the best offer is for BKI-(KUL)-PEK-(KUL)-BKI which is being offered at 31,500 Enrich miles. The distance is almost 3,800 miles on each direction. One would have to burn 4.20 Enrich miles for each actual miles flown on the route, which is the lowest amongst all offers this quarter. In comparison, one would have to burn 20.59 Enrich miles for each actual miles flown on the JHB-(KUL)-SIN-(KUL)-JHB route.

Personally, I would go for an offer that gives me the lowest burn ratio as possible. In the history of Enrich, the lowest Enrich miles burn per actual miles flown is KUL-LHR-KUL for 2.28 (meaning one would have to burn/spend 2.28 Enrich miles to fly on each actual 1 mile on that 13,200 miles return journey to London). MH offered this during the quarter of February - May 2009 and November 2009 - January 2010. It was a 50% discount on redemption offer, where KUL-LHR-KUL in Economy Class was being offered for only 30,000 Enrich miles.

I had 3 Enrich redemptions todate:

i. KUL-IST-KUL for 39,000 Enrich miles - 3.75 Enrich miles burnt per actual miles flown

ii. KUL-LHR-KUL for 50,000 Enrich miles (inclusive of the outbound sector in First Class) - 2.28 Enrich miles burnt per actual miles flown

iii. KUL-CGD-KUL for 42,000 Enrich miles - 3.23 Enrich miles burnt per actual miles flown

So far so good as I stay true to my redemption policy.

Enrich has just upgraded me to Gold!!

wow .. thanks awesome! .. Thank you very much Enrich ..

The letter says .."Although you may not have accumulated the Enrich Miles required for Gold status, you'll be pleased to know we've reserved this special privilege just for you because of your undivided loyalty to Malaysia Airlines and Enrich."

The letter says .."Although you may not have accumulated the Enrich Miles required for Gold status, you'll be pleased to know we've reserved this special privilege just for you because of your undivided loyalty to Malaysia Airlines and Enrich."

That's fantastic! All those added benefits...very nice.

That's nice, I'm awaiting mine! :p

Just got 17,065 miles to qualify. Jeez!

Hmm...I've redeemed my Westpac Altitude points for some Enrich points a few weeks ago and I still have not been upgraded to Silver. Don't tell me they're going to make me wait until the end of the promotion period, which is the end of September... <_>

Well, as long as I'm at Silver level before my trips at the end of October. B)

Woohoo! Now silver!! :yahoo: I can now earn those tier bonuses for my flights at the end of the year.

By the way, do the 25% tier bonuses for flying in Business or First count towards Elite status?

By the way, do the 25% tier bonuses for flying in Business or First count towards Elite status?

IMHO, tier bonuses only add to your mileage and not to your status...

IMHO, tier bonuses only add to your mileage and not to your status...

Thanks, Pieter. I suspected that was the case. But the class of service bonus definitely counts towards elite status.

My first experience dealing with Enrich apart from collecting points:

- found out that tonnes of miles will expire this year, so I decided to score an upgrade.

- waited almost 40 minutes until someone answered the phone

- seats available, upgrade confirmed, but must go to the nearest MH office within 24 hours. Why, I asked, isn't it all e-ticket? Well, they need to endorse something bla bla..

- so I went to MH office, served immediately by a very efficient young lady, but she seems to be doing a lot of typing.

- then she said "something wrong with the system". Cannot "print out". So she would email me my new e-ticket.

- Eh?? she would email it to me? so why do I need to go the MH's office at all?

- found out that tonnes of miles will expire this year, so I decided to score an upgrade.

- seats available, upgrade confirmed, but must go to the nearest MH office within 24 hours. Why, I asked, isn't it all e-ticket? Well, they need to endorse something bla bla..

- so I went to MH office, served immediately by a very efficient young lady, but she seems to be doing a lot of typing.

- then she said "something wrong with the system". Cannot "print out". So she would email me my new e-ticket.

*sigh* Their IT system really does leave a lot to be desired...but I think upgrading always causes more problems than just redeeming a ticket outright.

Just read in enrich 10 years website that if you are enrich gold and traveling on Business Class, you are entitle to use First Class Lounge in KLIA ... if knew earlier, i might use it on my recent trip!

The new World Of Riches newsletter is out now! And it's not late this time. :good:

Promos include Europe, Middle East South-East Asia and South Asia.

The new World Of Riches newsletter is out now! And it's not late this time. :good:

Promos include Europe, Middle East South-East Asia and South Asia.

As mentioned by Josh in another thread, for the first time ever in MH's 63 years history, the World of Riches newsletter is out ahead of its published date!!! The 1 November 2010 - 31 January 2011's newsletter was out on 30 October 2010!!! OMG!!! This is a miracle!!!

MH offered 30% discount on redemption to all destinations in Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent and ASEAN in Economy Class.

A return ticket on Economy Class from KUL only cost the followings:

42,000 Enrich miles - LHR, CDG, AMS, FRA, FCO, IST

31,500 Enrich miles - BEY, DXB, KHI, DEL, BOM

24,500 Enrich miles - HYD, BLR, DAC, MAA, MNL, CMB, HAN, DPS

17,500 Enrich miles - SUB, BDO, BKK, CGK, SGN

14,000 Enrich miles - MES, SIN

Offers are valid until 31 January 2011. Like in the past recent quarters, redemption can also be made direct from JHB, BKI, KCH and PEN to all destinations on offer.

The weird Johor Bahru to Singapore flight is again being offered for 14,000 Enrich miles LOL!

To download the newsletter: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/downloads/loyalty/enrich/WOR.pdf

As mentioned by Josh in another thread, for the first time ever in MH's 63 years history, the World of Riches newsletter is out ahead of its published date!!! The 1 November 2010 - 31 January 2011's newsletter was out on 30 October 2010!!! OMG!!! This is a miracle!!!

Maybe Pos Malaysia should issue special commemorative stamps to mark the event!

This is really bleah, that's exactly what I have to do now, just called in to upgrad 1 way, got everything sorted and then was told that I have to go nearest MH office to get the ticket issued ASAP. WTF. With Krisflyer, all these were done online without the need of human interaction, even. I am fine to call up but to have to travel to the nearest MH office to get the ticket is really absurd.

Luckily I stay in London, imagine if you were further away from the city!

It also looks like the printed copy of WoR has also come out before Nov 1. I'm currently in the Golden Lounge (Sattelite) and there are copies of the new WoR everywhere! Now, this is definitely a miracle!!!

Maybe Pos Malaysia should issue special commemorative stamps to mark the event!

LOL! That is hilarious! And a good suggestion!!

This is really bleah, that's exactly what I have to do now, just called in to upgrad 1 way, got everything sorted and then was told that I have to go nearest MH office to get the ticket issued ASAP. WTF. With Krisflyer, all these were done online without the need of human interaction, even. I am fine to call up but to have to travel to the nearest MH office to get the ticket is really absurd.

Luckily I stay in London, imagine if you were further away from the city!

Gosh...that really is inconvenient. If the ticket is originally an e-ticket, why can't the upgrade be done electronically???