MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

The website now has finally being updated with the latest WoR's offers. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/loyal/enrich/promo/headlines/news-headlines.aspx#Europe

Some highlights:

- Fly First Class on Business fares

- Enjoy Temptations on Kuala Lumpur - Kota Kinabalu flights

- Kerb Side Drop-off and Porter services are temporarily suspended

- Enrich Customer Service Centre is now located at KL Sentral

- Heathrow Golden Lounge relocates to Terminal 4

- Golden Tulip and Language Direct depart from Enrich

- Fly with our codeshare partners and earn Enrich Miles

- Call and earn Double Enrich Miles with Digicel and Wataniya

- Earn Enrich Miles at a wider selection of destinations with Delta

- Enjoy Enrich Services at enticing promotional rates!

- MH Flight Simulator Experience

- g Hotel

- Enrich Golf Indulgence

- Experience Malaysian splendours from just 5,500 Enrich Miles

- Enjoy an ASEAN adventure for merely 7,000 Enrich Miles

- Your South Asian escapade awaits, for only 12,500 Enrich Miles

- Explore the wonders of Europe from just 21,000 Enrich Miles

- Earn Double Enrich Miles amidst the charms of Seoul and Taipei

- Visit Sandakan or Tawau and earn Triple Enrich Miles

However, digital version of the newsletter itself is still non-existence.

I contacted Malaysia Airlines Travel via email asking about the WoR and surprisingly they replied. It was kinda unexpected.

Mohd Azizul Ramli to malaysiaairlin.

Good day MH,

I am wondering when will the new World of Riches newsletter, for the quarter of 1 November 2009 - 31 January 2010 will be uploaded on MH's website? It has been 2 weeks and there's still no news about it at all.

Thank you.

Regards

Azizul

MAS Travel to me

Hi Azizul,

We've checked with Enrich. The new World of Riches newsletter will be made available in the website by Monday.

Rgds/MAT

--

The Malaysia Airlines Travel team

On 19 November 2009, the WoR is finally being uploaded on the website - 19 days late. Pity those who can't take full benefit of the offers. To download http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/downloads/loyalty/enrich/WOR_Nov09-Jan2010.pdf

And based on the last email from the MAT team to me, it seems that there is a lot of communication breakdowns between the departments within MH. I can think of only the Rumour Department that is reliable.

The website now has finally being updated with the latest WoR's offers. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/loyal/enrich/promo/headlines/news-headlines.aspx#Europe

Some highlights:

- Kerb Side Drop-off and Porter services are temporarily suspended

Lack of demand for these services or another cost cutting measure ?

read the newsletter properly, due to security purposes.

I did not read the newsletter before posting that. Was just reading on the highlights that Azizul posted.

Besides, if it was suspended due to security purposes, it probably should have been implemented a while back? They wouldn't have to wait till now.

MH is not the only airline offering this service, SQ does that out of SIN and SIN being SIN would usually be even more conscious about security. Of course it could well be due to securiy purposes but this is coming from an airline that mentioned that based on their survey 93% of their passengers were 'receptive' of the Snackbox when it was first introduced. So you can't blame me for taking their words with pinches of salt. *Shrugs*

To buy Enrich miles as per Enrich Express, 500 miles cost RM50.

To redeem RM50 Enrich voucher, need 3,500 miles.

To extend 1000 Enrich miles for a year, cost RM17.

1000 Enrich mile cost RM100 to pax but worth only RM1.42 to MH?? :sorry:

As clearly mention, its only for the FIRST trip with Enrich-GOM members. Its a welcome gesture for Enrich-GOM, just like other credit card-related promo for instance.

You did not see the contradiction to what you wrote. Non-GOM folks will not be entitled to the GOM Enrich card - hence, they are not able to benefit from the double points promo on first trip. So, effectively, MH certainly discriminates on the awarding of points based on one's employers, even if it is a limited form of preferential treatment. Get it?

MAR...

Range is ENRICH BLUE..

never been upgraded to even SILVER.

But it used to be more than 20K before I redeemed it earlier this month.

Anyway...I dont think JUSA grade officers really bother about their enrich points.

Do they really have time to go for leisure?

Naaaahhhh.....

You mean you were only Enrich Blue and they had upgraded you to Enrich Gold immediately, upon entry into the GOM program?

I think this is absolutely ridiculous, given that normal travelers have to accrue 50k miles before given the Gold Card. IMO, this makes the Enrich Gold card less exclusive.

You did not see the contradiction to what you wrote. Non-GOM folks will not be entitled to the GOM Enrich card - hence, they are not able to benefit from the double points promo on first trip. So, effectively, MH certainly discriminates on the awarding of points based on one's employers, even if it is a limited form of preferential treatment. Get it?

Still don't get it. To be a member of any club/card, you need to apply/earn it, so to say. Then the preferential benefit of the card or membership will be yours. In this case, you need to work for the govt as a prerequisite to be a member. One of the very few benefits of working for the govt.....and I am not sure if this particular benefit is worthwhile at all!

I dont really understand wht's the hoo hah about Enrich-GOM but i think this Enrich progrm needs a huge revamp else the benefits n the flexibility of using the points are quite bad if compared to others...

You really have to hand it to Enrich for trying their best to improve their program.

About 4-5 years ago, I started with Enrich but was so fed up with their system and operations, so I had switched to KF and have been flying loyally with SQ for 4 years now.

Recently, a chain of events left me feeling that Enrich is doing their best to win back loyalty. I was at Silver tier but then was downgraded to Blue as I had failed to requalify. But out of the blue, a Silver card package was sent to me, with a letter informing me that that they had upgraded me back to Silver as a gesture of goodwill. On top of that, upon logging into my account, I found out that they had also credited some expired miles back to my account, citing "MH Goodwill Miles for Extend" (whatever that means). Wow, I thought, this Enrich is getting generous!

And here's what seals the deal. Enrich also has a few very good promos that actually DO work. One of them was double miles will be awarded if travel is done during the promotion period. And then, the latest promo from them this month is 50% off redemption (https://filestore.xmr3.com/474290/14972874/shared/wor/Enrich_offers/005.jpg). I could fly to Langkawi for only 7500 miles + RM30 tax (return)! The best part about redemption is that I can now do online redemption booking! I only knew of this feature when I was exploring the Enrich Online section (This feature apparently has been online since 2009!). This has eliminated the need to call up the call centre to do booking. It's really easy to do, and I just booked KUL-AMS outbound on Economy and inbound on First for only 50,000 Enrich miles + RM962. How sweet is that?! Most importantly, there is seat availability for redemption. We earn loads of miles so that we can redeem free tickets with minimal tax charges. And I don't want to be planning ONE year ahead!

So looking at all these positive movements, I have decided to dump SQ and KF altogether. Ever since KF Elite Gold is no longer allowed access into Virgin Clubhouse in LHR, I found the privileges of Elite Gold not that great. And with MH improving their online booking (I can even select fares with 125% Enrich miles), I'm sold!

So cheers to Enrich!

Edited by Edwin P K

I do agree, there has been some good improvements within Enrich compared to say 6 months to 2 years back. However, 3 out of 7 of my trips recently ( full fare GCCL and EYCL tickets over the past 2 months) were not credited yet and does not seemed to work when submited via the internet.

In all , there are still room for improvements.

Agreed, while there have been improvements, they are still not there yet, as a matter of fact...far from that of the level of efficiency of SQ and it's FFP KF.

I have few friends who always had their miles not credited.

Just wondering, if you purchase the ticket off their website, would you have this problem?

Edited by Edwin P K

Agreed, while there have been improvements, they are still not there yet, as a matter of fact...far from that of the level of efficiency of SQ and it's FFP KF.

I have few friends who always had their miles not credited.

Just wondering, if you purchase the ticket off their website, would you have this problem?

90% of my tickets ( including official trips) r internet purchased, however as high as 15% of the time were either changed/ rerouted as to meet work commitments. ...and almost 65% of the time were CHK IN via the net. From experience there's no consistent correllation in Enrich being credited from these tkts.

Enrich still fails to recognise the "E" booking class. Ths is the Economy + fare. Has to be done manually (i.e. call & speak to someone) to accrue the miles.

Hi there. Is there anyone here who has Enrich Miles (maybe from their CIMB Enrich Mastercard or other credit cards points) but do not plan to use them? Perhaps can let me know, I pay cash for miles.

Thanks.

You really have to hand it to Enrich for trying their best to improve their program.

About 4-5 years ago, I started with Enrich but was so fed up with their system and operations, so I had switched to KF and have been flying loyally with SQ for 4 years now.

I too have abandoned Enrich (due to lack of crediting miles, unanswered emails), but joined LH's Miles and More, since I'm not the biggest fan of SQ. Anyway, the experience has been completely wunderbar! Miles always credited, even when flying Star Alliance carriers, which in our region means TG and SQ. I stopped flying MH for a long time, a near blanket boycott except that the company puts me on MH for domestic flights, perhaps that will change since now AK has been approved for company travel.

2 months ago, at check-in in KUL I was moved to an MH flight even though I paid for CX, I was traveling CX to connect in HK, hmm... overbooking I suspect ex-KUL, things however have changed at MH on that flight to HK, (my first international flight on MH for many years), the in-flight experience was worse (that's a different story)!

My dad besides being a frequent flier, a few months ago was flying full fare golden club class internationally had a rude MH ground staff asking him to pay excess baggage for being just a few kgs over weight (< 5kgs If I remembered correctly). I've been overweight by accident a few times on QF, TG, CX, SQ, OS, KL, I apologized, they were all nice about it and not once did they ask me to pay, So what good did it do for my father to be apart of Enrich, being loyal to MH, habbitually checks in early and as far as memory serves me prior to that incident never has excess baggage. He encountered rude treatment by MH ground staff, despite his Enrich tiered membership! Yes MH, you can be anal with excess baggage, milk every passenger for the few extra kgs, but it won't win you brownie points, It's just cheap!

Regarding Enrich however, in my opinion many things need to change, how about priority boarding for Tiered Enrich members?? They call out families to board first, boarding by rows etc but not Enrich members, FFPs are supposed to create loyalty, treatment better than non members, flying MH, you don't get a sense that's happening.

Shock horror, I used MH to holiday in Langkawi recently on my own hard earned money because they were cheaper than AK. And that's where I see MH now, I use them for cheap flights, the alternative cheaper option. Last year I redeemed my LH miles to book a flight to Bangkok, booked for my family to join me later with MH because they were cheap. The discounts and promotions by Enrich to me reinforced the sense of cheapness of the whole MH experience. (the LCC style buntings at international airports promoting everyday low fares in cheap LCC colors and font next to check in desks was a serious mistake).

There's nothing wrong with being Cheap, I agree it has it's place, but it makes the Enrich card and program feels nothing more than a glorified discount card, especially with these Enrich promotions lately, fishing people to bait at their bargains, blue buntings with "everyday low fares" don't help. To me it's akin to Mydin promoting their latest cheap cucumber offering at RM 0.99 per kg. Undoubtedly there will be a lot of takers for such an offer too good to refuse.

If that's the MH angle, I'm fine with it, I too like many others love bargains, but if MH really wants to put tangible rewarding value to Enrich besides the cheapness factor, they need to treat Enrich fliers better (read being nicer at check-in, crediting miles on time and giving members priority boarding), get more Enrich partner airlines so we can credit miles outside of the limited MH network and frequency (would be great if they were a part of an alliance).

Anyways, I'm a bargain hunter, so, I think I too, will get back on the MH Enrich bandwagon again, Question though, can I reactivate my years old dormant Enrich account, or would i need to reapply?

Ironically helmi, at the throw-away fares that you go (and I too!) on MH, you will most likely not earn any mileage accruals.

Enrich still needs to buck up. The Enrich online - after all these months & years - is still not fully integrated into the MH website. Booking class "E" is still not recognised by the Enrich system.

No offense but ,

I too have abandoned Enrich (due to lack of crediting miles, unanswered emails), but joined LH's Miles and More, since I'm not the biggest fan of SQ. Anyway, the experience has been completely wunderbar! Miles always credited, even when flying Star Alliance carriers, which in our region means TG and SQ. I stopped flying MH for a long time, a near blanket boycott except that the company puts me on MH for domestic flights, perhaps that will change since now AK has been approved for company travel.

I've found presenting your Enrich card during Check In solves the problem of "missing miles" . I now show it with my IC , and no problems thus far (3 years and counting)

My dad besides being a frequent flier, a few months ago was flying full fare golden club class internationally had a rude MH ground staff asking him to pay excess baggage for being just a few kgs over weight (

What tier is your Dad ? Enrich introduced a new system where they now only award free excess baggage to Enrich, where :

Blue : 5Kg extra

Silver : 10Kg

Gold : 1.5x weight limit

Platinum : 2x

Regarding Enrich however, in my opinion many things need to change, how about priority boarding for Tiered Enrich members?? They call out families to board first, boarding by rows etc but not Enrich members, FFPs are supposed to create loyalty, treatment better than non members, flying MH, you don't get a sense that's happening.

Silver and above are entitled to board anytime they wish, It's all in the Welcome letter.

board first or board last, still arrive at the same time rite?

so far, I have no problem using my Enrich. Just present the card during check-in, and the miles will be automatically credited to the account after 3-4 days!

board first or board last, still arrive at the same time rite?

You're missing the point. Try and board late for a full flight. You end up standing in the aerobridge, then in the aisle and finally as you head near your row, there's no more space in the overhead bins.

I sent this email to Enrich today. Let see how fast they reply to a query.

Mohd Azizul Ramli to MAS, enrich show details 3:20 PM (17 minutes ago)

Dear Malaysia Airlines,

From the current World of Riches newsletter, on page 6, there is a mention that:

Fly with our codeshare partners and earn Enrich Miles

We’re collaborating with 28 prominent carriers, and they’re all ready to take you to a wider selection of destinations! Just travel on codeshare flights ticketed by Malaysia Airlines to earn Enrich Miles. Here’s an example of how you can earn with our partners:

Fly from Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi on Etihad Airways and earn Enrich Miles!

For our list of codeshare airline partners, please call us at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia), or email enrich@malaysiaairlines.com

I would like to request for the complete list of all codeshare flights that entitle one for the Enrich miles. I have paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center in KL Sentral but the agent said she doesn't know about it and that the office does not handle such matter and ask me to contact Enrich by email or refer to Enrich Online, which I found quite weird because logically she should have that list to help her to process miles credition of MH travellers and Enrich Online does not mention about it at all.

Anyway, I am hoping for a prompt and favourable reply from MH soon. Thank you.

Regards

Azizul

Does anyone has the list? I just couldn't imagine how painful it is to claim the miles, definitely all have to be done manually meaning one has to be present at the Enrich Customer Service Center to ensure smooth flow of the transaction, boarding pass collected and requires at least a week to process. Any experience anyone? Mushrif?

The list is not that important, but the availables routes are. What is more pertinent is one must be ticketed on MH flight code for these routes. So far, MH has been quite diligent on this, based on my own experience.

The list includes, SQ, MI, CX, TG, BI, EY, QR, BD, KE, KL, etc, but only on certain routes operated by these airlines, where MH has a codeshare in place.

E.g. SQ on KUL-SIN vv, but not, say, SIN-AUH.

KL on KUL-AMS, but not LHR-AMS.