MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

I actually like the way MAS trying to maximise profit and letting people choose frills. for the first time ever, passengers in economy can have lounge access (MHflex). I found the ticketing tiers are more transparent and you know what you're getting and also gives valid reasons to pay more. (flexibility, frills)

mhfares3.png

we need to pay Rm100 for lounge access if we're on MH FLEX?

apparently so. but it seems to me that the business class and MHflex's frill has been a bit blurred. im not too sure how much different the pay between both though.

Guess MH is betting J pax don’t have other choice for domestic routes. A shrewd way to squeeze extra RM100 from savvy Y pax but will dilute MH J class exclusivity.

:drinks:

Guess MH is betting J pax don’t have other choice for domestic routes. A shrewd way to squeeze extra RM100 from savvy Y pax but will dilute MH J class exclusivity.

Less worries. I logically feel that the can gain access to domestic lounge only.

I hate this! Seriously, give me 10%, give me 5% but 0%? May as well fly on AK or FY.

True indeed. QF upgraded their Australia domestic services several years back to distinguish themselves between a full service carrier and no frills carrier. MAS is doing the exact opposite. Not only that we are served terrible foods on MAS, they also no longer give us advance seat selection and Enrich Miles now. MAS really are getting better and better everyday, aren't they ? :rolleyes:

By the way, a return full economy class fare between BKI/KUL now cost RM1606 while full business class fare is RM2066. A difference of only RM460. And bear in mind you do not have to pay the RM100 for lounge access with full business class fare.

Edited by Isaac

Perhaps MH management is creative but that's certainly not the way to respond to a ever competetive airline industry. It's insane. MH is already loosing market share and i dont foresee such implementation will enhance loading in the long run.

I actually like the way MAS trying to maximise profit and letting people choose frills. for the first time ever, passengers in economy can have lounge access (MHflex). I found the ticketing tiers are more transparent and you know what you're getting and also gives valid reasons to pay more. (flexibility, frills)

mhfares3.png

There is something "wrong" with the table. MH is actually charging folks "double or more" for all the so-called additional frills for the higher fare class. Note that despite ALREADY paying through the nose via much higher fares, many of the frills still require some MORE payment if the pax wishes to utilise them.

A full flex fare should not attract any further fees to make a change, for instance.

And if you do the math, the cost per Enrich mile must be very expensive...you pay a lot more to get, say, 50% of mileage, on what is a relatively short domestic flight.

And you still end with MH's dreadful catering in Y.

Edited by Mushrif A

Perhaps MH management is creative but that's certainly not the way to respond to a ever competetive airline industry. It's insane. MH is already loosing market share and i dont foresee such implementation will enhance loading in the long run.

MH business model under IJ is unconventional, it should become a MBA class case study in a few years time :pardon:

additional information from MH website

mh-3.jpg

img_fares_table.jpg

If i may refer to the 2 photos above, so meaning to say with MH basic, we got 80% enrich miles and cheap fares?

CORRECTION: OK I was wrong...low fare and basic fare shares the same column. Red indicates low-fare (0% enrich).

Damn..

Edited by Azuan Zahdi

i found something wrong with the chart above, the Enrich miles accrual for MHBasic is 50% but not 80%..

Azri M., the difference between business class and MHflex's frill actually is quite obvious referring to the chart below.. If you are in MHbusiness, you can have two pieces of hand carry instead of one as in MHflex, 5kg more than MHflex for your baggage allowance, you could enjoy priority boarding, baggage and check-in, free lounge access, and 150% of Enrich miles accrual rather than 125% as in MHflex. Hope this help lah :pardon:

2918693230_840f7f17a8.jpg?v=0

umm, i hate to say this (and of course I'd be the last person to advocate for these sort of FFP "enhancements" ;)) but let's put this into perspective: this is quite a standard industry practise these days as airlines eliminate mileage accrual for the cheapest fares. Great compromise between mileage and cheap fares in the face of LCC competition IMO - as a great proportion of the traveling public probably don't even maintain an FFP and just want to get somewhere affordably and comfortably. If you really want miles - simply buy up to the next fare category. The miles do represent a liability on the books and it costs money to run an FFP, and it's either cheap fares or mileage accrual; can't have it both ways. At the very least, the mileage accrual info should be clearly indicated prior to purchase to enable an informed choice.

Edited by Keith T

scare me..i thought no enrich mile for all domestic fare..

no la, we can earn enrich mile for all domestic fare except the low fare only, fair enough la.. can earn 50% for MHBasic, 100% and 125% for MHsmart and MHflex respectively, really not bad :rolleyes:

I was on MH on 1st day of Raya, Oct 1,2008. Both for my AOR-KUL and KUL-SIN flights, i did not gain a single mile. Despite the fact i purchased the ticket few months back before all this new low fare thingy , it's still considered an 'L' fare hence no point.

received the enrich newsletter today.... saw the article about e-shop... logged on to enrich online, cannot find "e-shop" leh?

today is 15th.. just checked. still not there. perhaps they meant 15th november 2009?

Probably!

Basket, I logged in today, still no sign of this. I have 4000 miles expiring end of this year and I need to get rid of it. Was hoping I can buy something.

This show how inefficient their IT team is, I don't know how they can run a company like this! Internet is like the most important thing ever but they seems to be slow in adopting this with seriousness.

:finger: :finger: :finger: :rolleyes:

was about to book a flight on mh website. but booking system unavailable... so i check the enrich eshop again since i have 10k miles expiring end of the year.

eshop seems to be up. but keeps getting error msg when trying to check out - "System is unable to retrieve member details. Please ensure that you have inserted the correct Enrich Membership Number or password. You may still proceed without miles redemption. "

duh...