MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

L and V got awards leh...

Actually L & V class are both mileage accruable.

Yes. L & V are awarded with 30% Enrich Miles of the actual miles flown. They must have not been updating their *'Enrich Bible', because I quoted it exactly as it is.

*Enrich Bible - a small booklet in a size of a slightly larger 555 book, which listed all the destinations, award charts and all you need to know about Enrich FFP. It is a booklet with 14 pages. I got it from Enrich Customer Service Center.

So, what's in store for us in the new newsletter? Looks like only ASEAN destinations are being discounted (and that's only 30%). Brilliant! Just brilliant! *sarcastically*

On the bright side, it is great to know that Australia's Virgin Blue is now an Enrich partner airline.

Today, 1 Nov 2007, a new World of Riches newsletter (for period 1 Nov 07 - 31 Jan 08) should have been uploaded in MH's website. But as always... even this puny IT matter can't be handled on time. MH has the WORST IT team among all airlines ever! I wonder whether the e-copy has reached our emails or not?

just received their e-newsletter, not so many promotion available, but still ASEAN escapade sounds interesting! snackbox anyone? hahahahha..LOL

just received their e-newsletter, not so many promotion available, but still ASEAN escapade sounds interesting! snackbox anyone? hahahahha..LOL

same here... not impressed..

Yes. L & V are awarded with 30% Enrich Miles of the actual miles flown.

Actually only 25% of the miles flown.

u hv to fly alot on MAS even on business before u can redeem, but SQ, u fly on economy to dublin 1 person. u can get 2 tickets to BALI, how cool, LOL, MAS is being redecules

Edited by rauf

u hv to fly alot on MAS even on business before u can redeem, but SQ, u fly on economy to dublin 1 person. u can get 2 tickets to BALI, how cool..

Keith, can you confirm this? If yes, KrisFlyer is definitely worth joining, although I heard that it is even more stingy than Enrich.

u hv to fly alot on MAS even on business before u can redeem, but SQ, u fly on economy to dublin 1 person. u can get 2 tickets to BALI, how cool, LOL, MAS is being redecules

I refer to SQ website and tried to use their calculator, and this is what i get;

From To

Singapore/Changi Dublin

Distance (Miles): 6963

Class Miles Earned

First Class 10445

Business Class 8704

Economy Class 6963

and to redeem to DPS; it goes like this;

To: Bali/Denpasar

Award Type Miles

Economy Saver 15000

Economy Cls 30000

Business Cls Saver 35000

Business Cls 70000

First Cls Saver 50000

First Cls 100000

One-way Economy Saver 10500

One-way Economy Cls 21000

One-way Business Cls Saver 24500

One-way Business Cls 49000

One-way First Cls Saver 35000

One-way First Cls 70000

Round trip Saver upgrade : Economy to Business Class 30000

Round trip Saver upgrade : Business to First Class 30000

One way Saver upgrade : Economy to Business Class 15000

One way Saver upgrade : Business to First Class 15000

Round trip Unrestricted upgrade: Economy to Business Class 60000

Round trip Unrestricted upgrade: Business to First Class 60000

One-way Unrestricted upgrade: Economy to Business Class 30000

One way Unrestricted upgrade: Business to First Class 30000

so I suppose the statement is not true....

Don't forget the 15% discount if you redeem online - therefore SIN-Bali economy saver roundtrip only needs 12,750... miles....

Personally I think SQ Krisflyer is better than Enrich. Same ticket price ex-London offered by both airlines, Krisflyer gives 100% miles whereas MAS only 25% (!)

But be careful of some SQ ex-Malaysia fare (e.g. 2-to-go) which are not mileage accruable...

Edited by H C Chai

But be careful of some SQ ex-Malaysia fare (e.g. 2-to-go) which are not mileage accruable...

Just avoid G, N, Q, T, V on SQ, and G, N, Q, T, V and W on MI.

Also if you're accruing to another FFP - W on SQ sometimes attracts only 50% accrual (like LH Miles and More).

Also I forgot if this is also the case for Krisflyer. But for accruing to another FFP, if at least one segment if your itinerary on SQ is ineligible for mileage accrual - it'd render the entire itinerary ineligible for accural! Doesn't matter if the other segments in the same PNR are in eligible fare classes.

Edited by Keith T

I just paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center on 20 Nov. I have a few findings to share:

• MH is no longer printing out the hard copy of the Enrich newsletter, World of Riches, as a cost cutting measure. Earlier, even for those who opted for an e-newsletter, they can always come and get a hardcopy of the newsletter at the Enrich Customer Service Center.
  • Enrich members can get their 'missing' miles from other MH's partner airlines (KLM, Air France, ANA, SWISS, Virgin Atlantic, Northwest and Virgin Blue) on the spot. Just produce the original boarding passes and tickets or e-tickets, it can be done in an instant. All boarding passes and tickets will be returned back to members. BRAVO Enrich!
  • On the other hand, those who want to redeem their 'missing' miles from MH flights for other FFPs will have to wait for at least a week before the miles can be credited into their FFP accounts. In my case, I went to the KLM's Flying Blue Customer Service Center in Jakarta and the best that they can do was to get a copy of the boarding passes and tickets and forward it to the same office in Australia for verification. So BOOO... to Flying Blue!
  • The Temptation Gallery on the 2nd floor of MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail was closed (due to cost cutting measure - saving on office spaces' rental) and is now sharing the same office with the Enrich Customer Service Center. A cabinet is dedicated for all the Temptation's items.
  • The Golden Holiday offices on the 2nd floor of MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail was closed (due to cost cutting measure - saving on office spaces' rental) and is now sharing the same office with the MH Ticketing office on the ground floor of the same building. 3 counters are dedicated to Golden Holidays. I think it is counter 14-16.
The experience proved that there is something good about Enrich after all. And about the cost cutting measures, well at least MH is now back into profitability, so yes, that's fine for me.

Hello Everyone..

I already sign up thru internet for enrich frequent flying card in MAS Website.

After I was filled all the form there,I get the enrich member number and temporary enrich card.

After that,I try to make a ticket booking and fill for enrich member there.

But the system said,my enrich number was wrong because it is not 11 numbers but it just have 8 numbers.

I dont know my should I do?

Any suggestion or idea???

Thanks!

The system is right, 11 digit indeed, my number is MH012XXXXXX so total is 11.

Maybe u can re-apply enrich online and see how many digit appears this time.

The system is right, 11 digit indeed, my number is MH012XXXXXX so total is 11.

Maybe u can re-apply enrich online and see how many digit appears this time.

I already re-apply enrich..

but the same things happen lol..

Hello Everyone..

I already sign up thru internet for enrich frequent flying card in MAS Website.

After I was filled all the form there,I get the enrich member number and temporary enrich card.

After that,I try to make a ticket booking and fill for enrich member there.

But the system said,my enrich number was wrong because it is not 11 numbers but it just have 8 numbers.

I dont know my should I do?

Any suggestion or idea???

Thanks!

included MH?

Mine is MH 01X XXX XXX

Nine numbers, 2 alphabet....

Why don't you just call the enrich centre or go to the nearest MAS office?

It might take you quite sometimes before you are entertained over the phone, but who knows, your problem will be solved?

It's no brainer (unless your MH miles about to expire), just go for SQ and save the MH miles for future redemptions.

"thanks" to mh expensive enrich redemption. i decided to forgo my enrich miles... and booked our tickets on another airline for less $ on all tickets :yahoo:

2331523270014013228S200x200Q85.jpg

2842666690014013228S200x200Q85.jpg

and we all enjoyed the flight.

Have 44,000 enrich miles going to expire next week and will cost RM900+ to renew

KK Lee, redeem a return Economy ticket to SYD fast for 45,000 miles. Just for the sake of not having to pay the MYR 900 renewal charges. I am sure that the taxes to SYD would be lesser than MYR 900.

KK Lee, redeem a return Economy ticket to SYD fast for 45,000 miles. Just for the sake of not having to pay the MYR 900 renewal charges. I am sure that the taxes to SYD would be lesser than MYR 900.

Yep, redeemed for KUL/MEL and paid RM898 airport tax. Thanks for your advise.

:drinks:

I just paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center on 20 Nov. I have a few findings to share:

[*]MH is no longer printing out the hard copy of the Enrich newsletter, World of Riches, as a cost cutting measure. Earlier, even for those who opted for an e-newsletter, they can always come and get a hardcopy of the newsletter at the Enrich Customer Service Center.

This is apparently incorrect as I have hard copies of the current Enrich newsletter.

I don't blame you as MH is typically "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" mode.

Yes, I stand corrected. I was in KCH on 22 Dec and there are plenty of hard copies of World of Riches inside MH's Ticketing Office there, to which I grabbed a copy.

I guess the Enrich Customer Service Officer who told me that they are not printing it anymore, 'had to cover' for the printing/distribution department who failed to print/distribute the newsletters on time. She even offered me a photocopy version of the newsletter as a prove that they are not printing it anymore.

I got a hard copy issue of the Enrich newsletter through the mail recently, although my Enrich card is now a makeshift ruler these days. Also good for hotel 'master switch' slot to leave the aircond and lights switched on while I'm out!

Edited by Rozhan