MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

True. My job normally requires me to travel within Sabah and the occasional KL trip.

Ahh... that would place you firmly with Enrich then. Unless AK comes up with its own (and hopefully way better) FFP... :)

Unless AK comes up with its own (and hopefully way better) FFP.

It is also something that I really look up for. In fact, I would switch from MH to AK if they come out with a better FFP. Mind you, I never flew AK. But I don't think it will ever happen as AK has clearly stated that having a FFP is cost burdening. They'll just stick with their AA points program from their Citibank co branded credit card.

But come to think of it, can you still get cheap tickets on other airlines if you have only 3 weeks to decide?

Of course you can, provided it's low season + plenty of unsold seats when you make your booking.

Have somebody here ever been to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building, Jalan Sultan Ismail to claim for missing miles on partner airlines (KLM, AF, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, Northwest, SWISS)?

Was it done instantly at the desk (like claiming missing miles for MH flights) or will they take a few weeks (and collect the original boarding passes of the respective partner flights) to process it?

To be honest, I am very reluctant to give up the original boarding passes to them. Can they photocopy the actual boarding passes let us keep the original instead?

Have somebody here ever been to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building, Jalan Sultan Ismail to claim for missing miles on partner airlines (KLM, AF, Virgin Atlantic, ANA, Northwest, SWISS)?

Was it done instantly at the desk (like claiming missing miles for MH flights) or will they take a few weeks (and collect the original boarding passes of the respective partner flights) to process it?

To be honest, I am very reluctant to give up the original boarding passes to them. Can they photocopy the actual boarding passes let us keep the original instead?

I go to MAS Enrich Customer Service Center to claim my missing miles rather than sending the request form together with original boarding pass via mail. The staff entered the missing miles on the spot and they returned the original boarding pass to me (and they don't bother to keep the photocopy that I prepared for them).

I go to MAS Enrich Customer Service Center to claim my missing miles rather than sending the request form together with original boarding pass via mail. The staff entered the missing miles on the spot and they returned the original boarding pass to me (and they don't bother to keep the photocopy that I prepared for them).

That is always the case for me when I claimed for missing miles on MH flights. Will it be the same for say... KLM flights as well?

MH really needs to beef up their Loyalty programme, it's called Loyalty programme for a reason! Few years back I starting flying on MH, being a requirement from my company. But after the shitty treatment to get my membership sorted and missing miles accrued, I decided to change to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, which had better programme and facilities. Since then I have even signed up their AMEX KF card to get more miles, and have flown religiously on SQ (and probably in excess of 100k miles :wacko: ). MH, you have just gave SQ some business!

I hope they really wake up already la!

MH really needs to beef up their Loyalty programme, it's called Loyalty programme for a reason! Few years back I starting flying on MH, being a requirement from my company. But after the shitty treatment to get my membership sorted and missing miles accrued, I decided to change to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, which had better programme and facilities. Since then I have even signed up their AMEX KF card to get more miles, and have flown religiously on SQ (and probably in excess of 100k miles :wacko: ). MH, you have just gave SQ some business!

I hope they really wake up already la!

AMEX KF card... free membership first year... subsequent years expensive to maintain ....

AMEX KF card... free membership first year... subsequent years expensive to maintain ....

Just call them up, ask for a waiver.

Done if 2 minutes. No questions asked :D

That is always the case for me when I claimed for missing miles on MH flights. Will it be the same for say... KLM flights as well?

On the spot, for KLM flights. Just show original boarding pass, and with tkt too if available.

On the spot, for KLM flights. Just show original boarding pass, and with tkt too if available.

Thank you so much. I am wondering, if one is a Flying Blue member, will it be the same treatment for claiming FB miles on MH flights? I am planning to visit the AF KLM office in Jakarta to claim for my missing FB miles on MH flights.

Before FAX, MAS awarded Enrich points only for F50 flights ( I believe 'S' fare), and not Twin Otter services.

Today, 1 Nov 2007, a new World of Riches newsletter (for period 1 Nov 07 - 31 Jan 08) should have been uploaded in MH's website. But as always... even this puny IT matter can't be handled on time. MH has the WORST IT team among all airlines ever! I wonder whether the e-copy has reached our emails or not?

Azizul, just resign to the fact that everything in this colossal giant of a machinery called MH moves slowly.

When bored, one could always play a game of spot-the-number-of-outdated-info in MH website. You'll be surprised at the yield. This is one aspect where AK, and many other lesser airlines, beat MH hands down.

Edited by V Wong

I've redeemed my enrich a few days ago. At first, I was about to redeem during the promotion period. Since there were only limited seats available for redeeming, so I postponed it, and got my tix to fly to MYY end of this month. 25K points, that's a lot!

Today, 1 Nov 2007, a new World of Riches newsletter (for period 1 Nov 07 - 31 Jan 08) should have been uploaded in MH's website. But as always... even this puny IT matter can't be handled on time. MH has the WORST IT team among all airlines ever! I wonder whether the e-copy has reached our emails or not?

You may want file your complaints directly to

Marzida binti Mohd. Noor

Senior General Manager

Group IT

Email : marzida@mas.com.my

No, isn't it? I am hoping for MH to include MASWings and Firefly in their Enrich FFP.

Not too sure about this. Enrich has never clarified on this, but I think it may be possible as MASWings uses the MH flight number. I understand that one can get enrich points if ticketed under the MH code, even though flight is operated by another airline non-afiliated with the Enrich program (e.g. KUL-DOH, on MH code)

I understand that one can get enrich points if ticketed under the MH code, even though flight is operated by another airline non-afiliated with the Enrich program (e.g. KUL-DOH, on MH code)

No, it isn't. From 'Enrich Bible':

Enrich Miles will NOT be awarded on these tickets:

• Rural Air Services (T Class)
  • Industry Discounts (R, I, N Class)
  • Agent Discounts (AD100, AD75, AD50)
  • Group Fares (sub class G)
  • Special promotion fares (sub class L, V)
  • Free redemption/Award tickets
  • Kuala Lumpur - Singapore shuttle service
  • Charter flights (MH4000 flight number series)
  • Joint services

Clearly KUL-DOH although MH coded but is serviced by QR will not entitle for any Enrich Miles. Enrich miles can only be earned on partner carriers (KLM, Air France, ANA, Virgin Atlantic, Northwest and SWISS).

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

and finally, its out... come to think of it, its an issue meant for period starting 1st nov... why not issue earlier? as some "promos" starts on 1-nov...

[*]Special promotion fares (sub class L, V)

Actually L & V class are both mileage accruable.