MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Hold on for while....Trying to search it again,because i'm already forget on the URL. :huh:

Ok, i logged in using the old one...

https://www.bookonline-malaysiaairlines.com...brPointsEnq.efw

I'm still a Blue member, need 3 more thousand to get Silver! Bleah

Agree...How's much the points for the temporary card holder to receive the permanent blue card?

the number of miles required to redeem the same sector using mh enrich is more compared to other airlines in this region...

also ... the credit card conversion of points,.. we get less enrich miles (compared to kris miles or asia miles) for the same amount of credit card points converted... again... enrich being on the more "expensive"...

airlines in this region are offer 10-20% discounts for online ticket redemption ....

ermm.. is enrich missing something here ??

And why do you think I've steadfastly refused to use Enrich? :drinks:

You actually need to look at the accrual/redemption ratio when you analyse FFPs. That is, divide the miles earned by miles required for redemption. Enrich shapes up pretty poorly in that regard, then again so do Krisflyer and Qantas Frequent Flyer. Unfortunately I have to use QFF for my work travel.

Edited by Keith T

MH always view Enrich as a cost and burden to them and have taken loyal customers for granted. They believe Malaysians always preferred to travel on MH. Whether there is Enrich or not, Malaysians still travel on MH. Hence, Enrich is unattractive and uncompetitive if compared other programs.

:drinks:

You actually need to look at the accrual/redemption ratio when you analyse FFPs. That is, divide the miles earned by miles required for redemption.

That's why I'm burning my AB miles now, as it deteriorated a lot since Dba and LTU joined in :angry:

Have heard both AC (* Alliance) and AA (OW) are pretty good, but both are N-American and not good for EU users like me :(

I Flew with Etihad recently and subscribed to the loyalty programme before my first trip. As they have a family affiliation scheme. You can pull all your points together which I think is great. As a result of 1 return trip from the UK to Malaysia. I have had enough points collectively to exchange them for a brand new DV camera and a brand new suitcase. Now to me this is a loyalty programme worth getting.

Comparatively I flew MAS last year, collected all the points including several domestic sectors and hotel stays and sadly I still don't have enough points to exchange for a short domestic flight.

Compare and see how Enrich short changes loyal customers.

was looking at my puny enrich points... planning for a trip for 4 to TPE... can only redeem for 2 "free" tickets and have to buy another 2 tickets (on MH although its more expensive than SQ/CX). we chose not to split our travel group... on different carriers.

total cost to get these 2 additional MH tickets and paying for fuel surcharge for the 2 "free" MH tickets, is the same as the total cost to buy 4 tickets from SQ....

duh....

was looking at my puny enrich points... planning for a trip for 4 to TPE... can only redeem for 2 "free" tickets and have to buy another 2 tickets (on MH although its more expensive than SQ/CX). we chose not to split our travel group... on different carriers.

total cost to get these 2 additional MH tickets and paying for fuel surcharge for the 2 "free" MH tickets, is the same as the total cost to buy 4 tickets from SQ....

duh....

May I suggest you to upgrade your travelling class instead of exchanging for free ticket.

That's why I'm burning my AB miles now, as it deteriorated a lot since Dba and LTU joined in :angry:

Have heard both AC (* Alliance) and AA (OW) are pretty good, but both are N-American and not good for EU users like me :(

AC has been 'enhanced' a lot ever since Aeroplan got spinned off. :angry:

AA is good if you're doing a fair mix of long and short hauls. Your only problem would be being forced to fly AA across to the US over BA - as the anti trust thing means you won't earn any AAdvantage miles on BA and vice versa. OW is the only alliance with such a restriction i think - thank god i don't do tatl on a regular basis.

You don't need to belong to a particular region to join an FFP in that region. Look at my siggie - neither LH nor AA fly to Australia. :p

However, yes - your flying pattern does matter.

Your best bet in *A now is bmi. They might even match your AB Gold status and you'd only need 38k miles annually to requalify BD*G. ;)

Am doing MEL-AKL-PVG return on NZ J with 90 000 LH miles this Dec. Even allows a stopover in AKL. 90k might seem expensive, but the earn rate on LH is A LOT higher than other FFPs.

Edited by Keith T

May I suggest you to upgrade your travelling class instead of exchanging for free ticket.

thanks for the suggestion KK, but if i were to buy the tickets (economy and upgrade using enrich), MH is very likely to be ruled out.. given the price other carriers can offer... and if its my own personal leisure travels.

not unless i m on biz trip (which i would be on C/F in MH - company preferred carrier, no questions asked), i may buy an economy MH ticket for my companion and upgrade it to be with me in C/F...

will keep that in mind... thanks!

Knowing Enrich many lacknesses, I would suggest you only make the redemption for the discounted selected destinations announced in the quarterly published World of Riches.

Since becoming an Enrich Member in 2002, I only made a redemption once, which is to IST in December 2006 for 39,000 miles, a discount of 35% from its original value (60,000 miles). That would be 7.49 Enrich Miles spent for every miles flown to Istanbul.

The current newsletter offers a 39,000 miles redemption for TPE-LAX-TPE, which is the best offer they have come out so far.

I would insist on redeeming the Enrich miles for the discounted routes only.

i was caught outside the promo once, redeemed 45k for a KIX return some time end-oct for flight departing in nov, only to realise that there's a promo a few days later (in early nov)... in their nov-jan newsletter for 29k! called enrich... no entertained - reason being redemption tikcet already issued... cannot cancel/change ...

waiting for next promo coming up next month...

It's no brainer (unless your MH miles about to expire), just go for SQ and save the MH miles for future redemptions.

i was caught outside the promo once, redeemed 45k for a KIX return some time end-oct for flight departing in nov, only to realise that there's a promo a few days later (in early nov)... in their nov-jan newsletter for 29k! called enrich... no entertained - reason being redemption tikcet already issued... cannot cancel/change ...

waiting for next promo coming up next month...

Yes, the promo is really a hit or miss. I would suggest you alert yourself of every quarterly newsletters. There will be a new one for period 1 November 2007 - 31 January 2008. I made a reminder on my cellphone of the beginning date of each newsletter.

I hope MH will give massive discount to NGO or ZRH before terminating them. Best if they would give more than 35% discount. They never offer more than that. I am also hoping for AKL, JNB and CPT. Would be great if these cities were discounted soon.

Why not try to get tickets only during MAS Fair? I tried that last time and evenly share the balance that need to be forked out for the paying ticket. Last time I claimed return ticket to HKG and the extra paying ticket worked out to be 500+.

I only have Enrich because there is a lack of airlines flying into KK. :(

Really dependent on where you usually go of course - but when KA (which serves BKI) officially joins oneworld in Nov, all 10 oneworld FFPs will be open for your consideration. ;)

Why not try to get tickets only during MAS Fair? I tried that last time and evenly share the balance that need to be forked out for the paying ticket. Last time I claimed return ticket to HKG and the extra paying ticket worked out to be 500+.

mas fair tickets hard to convince me... my dates only firm like 2-3 weeks before departure.. and those mas fair tickets are mostly way in advance and carries a hefty cancellation/change fine...

Agreed with the above comment. I never tempted to go to any MAS Fair or any travel fairs as a matter of fact because I always plan my trip at the very last minute. Tickets sold during travel fairs come with hefty discounts, which mean it is also subjected to hefty penalties if amended or cancelled.

Tickets sold during fares also usually give lesser Enrich miles, usually it is booked as class fare L, V or S (for Economy class), which only give 30% the most of the normal Enrich miles.

One should know themself well whether they are the 'last minute' type or the 'advance planning' type.

Really dependent on where you usually go of course - but when KA (which serves BKI) officially joins oneworld in Nov, all 10 oneworld FFPs will be open for your consideration. ;)
True. My job normally requires me to travel within Sabah and the occasional KL trip. Personally, though, I have thought of flying different airlines.
mas fair tickets hard to convince me... my dates only firm like 2-3 weeks before departure.. and those mas fair tickets are mostly way in advance and carries a hefty cancellation/change fine...
Yeah, the last time I travel overseas was on RBA. Didn't touch my Enrich at all. But come to think of it, can you still get cheap tickets on other airlines if you have only 3 weeks to decide?