MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
adrianqcs

Firefly to operate from 3 more domestic hubs

KUALA LUMPUR: Community airline Firefly has been given the approval to operate domestic and international networks out of Subang, Johor Baru and Kota Kinabalu.

The airline, which was launched in April as part of Malaysia Airlines’ (MAS) business turnaround plan, is currently operating from its existing hub in Penang.

MAS managing director and Firefly chairman Datuk Idris Jala said the decision was definitely in the interest of its customers and the Malaysian public.

Firefly managing director Eddy Leong said the airline would commence twice daily flights between Subang and Penang effective Oct 29 with bookings available online from Friday.

Subang should be a cash cow for them. Given a choice between KLIA and Subang, I would choose SZB hands down!

just had a look at their web site, SZB/PEN RM9.99 before tax etc.

cant wait for their ATR...

We done MH and Firefily..

Firefly should get thier own registration now .....rather than using mh registratio.

good luck ....

cant wait for their ATR...

We done MH and Firefily..

Firefly should get thier own registration now .....rather than using mh registratio.

good luck ....

They are using a different rego right? FY?

Although they said booking for SZB-PEN route will start on 19 Oct (tomorrow), but actually it has been loaded in the system and can start your booking now. Just tried out and it works.

PEN - KBR - BKI vv. please please please... heheheh

They are using a different rego right? FY?

I think he is referring to the Plane Registration (9M-MGK...).

abstract from Bername http://www.bernama.com/aviation_news/news....648&lang=en

Leong said with the approvals, Firefly will be expanding to serve six domestic and nine regional routes out of Penang International Airport, 12 domestic and 13 regional routes out of Subang as well as seven domestic and 14 regional destinations out of Senai International Airport in Johor Baharu.

Can't see to see them launching one by one the 12 domestic and 13 regional flights out of Subang.

It amazing. Last time MAS did say they are loosing money from the domestic route, now wow they open shop like no one else. Are they hidding something from us?

It amazing. Last time MAS did say they are loosing money from the domestic route, now wow they open shop like no one else. Are they hidding something from us?

It's all politically related. At first of course, they have to give in to Air Asia. They didn't expect that Air Asia would do that well. Now, MAS is struggling, Firefly's subtly surfacing to take away a slice of the LCC market. They didn't allow Air Asia to operate from Subang. LCCT and KLIA is not connected. At first, the transport minister only allowed Firefly to take routes not taken by MAS or Air Asia. This is contradicting of course, but it is actually a nice way to put it. Well, kindly speaking the connectivity is still within klang valley and penang.

Yahooooooo I can fly from subang to Penang..... (KLIA jauhlaaaa)

Agree with what you said KLIA is far !! He has to disturb my brother in law to fetch all the way to the airport because of the odd hours flight he sit each time.

My dad can travel frequently now because my mom currently based at KL. A round trip cost around Rm169 still better than driving alone. I believe driving alone will cost even more :yahoo: I can't wait to tell the news to my dad

Wow...Wonder if they'll ever merge with Maswings in the future,now that they're targetting BKI,and wonder if there'll be an ATR flight KUL-BKI in the future.MH used to operate one F50 flight a week KUL-BKI vice-versa,and it took 4 hrs.Some body correct me if I'm wrong..The flight usually takes off at 0015 and arrive at the then Subang Airport,at 0415...

Kota Kinabalu... good... serve by ATR??? <_ good news also. lolz... hopefully is day flight src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_drinks.gif" alt=":drinks:">

IF they will operate from KK before the ATR arrive, you'll be able to see the Dutch Ladies with two different dresses (MASwings & Firefly) !!! :yahoo:

:yahoo: ...another alternative to travel back to bki......

EDIT : it should be a big blow to mr TF...as he requested to operate from SZB but denied.... :pardon: ...do not want to eloborate more since political issue is involved in this matter.... :p

Edited by Louis L.

IF they will operate from KK before the ATR arrive, you'll be able to see the Dutch Ladies with two different dresses (MASwings & Firefly) !!! :yahoo:

indeed! two new dresses.... :drinks: :good:

My mom book the flight from SZB to PEN on 29th :D

A roundtrip cost Rm103, cheap cheap cheap

it is cheap and convenient for my mom. Penang airport is near to my place while SZB is near to my sister's house.

:yahoo:

My mom book the flight from SZB to PEN on 29th biggrin.gif

A roundtrip cost Rm103, cheap cheap cheap

it is cheap and convenient for my mom. Penang airport is near to my place while SZB is near to my sister's house.

last month i fly from PEN to KUL with AK,

then from LCCT i took skybus ----> KLSentral (45 minutes) --------> Shah Alam (50 minutes)

Tried to compare SZB-PEN on 15 Dec through callcentre. Fare quoted was a shade under RM150.00. No thanks. SkyBus to LCC-T at RM9, and about RM80 on AK, still much cheaper (and on a jet too), at least on this date. So much for FY's 'school holiday' promotion.