MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KC Sim

SIA Accepts First A380

SQ380 departed at 08:16 this morning to Sydney. It will do a low level flypast over Sydney harbour later in the afternoon. Arriving sydney, it will park at a remote stand - visible from public areas, and be lit for all to see from sundown till sunrise on Friday. I am sure KC will snap snap lots of pictures and share with us soon :drinks: :drinks:

Low level flypast unlikely at this stage. Weather isn't too promising.

The remote stand I suspect would be the GA apron (tends have been erected near the fences, maybe for VIPs). If so, I might try get a photo or two from Krispy Kreme tmrw morning. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, KC will surely snap plenty of pics for us to drool over with. :clapping:

Earlier this week, SQ chartered a freighter to bring in seats onboard the A380 for display (and for invited guests to try) in the hangar near where the A380 will be parked.

Despite advertising the flyby in sydneys newspapers, no A380 was seen over sydney harbour. a crowd of people was really disappointed as someone told that the aircraft has landed 10 minutes ago at the airport...

The A380 flew over the harbour, albeit in IMC conditions and could not be visual with the ground.

Here she is landing on 34L.

sq380-ska-syd.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

The A380 flew over the harbour, albeit in IMC conditions and could not be visual with the ground.

Here she is landing on 34L.

http://www.tungsten.per.sg/images/planes/sq380-ska-syd.jpg

Well, she was neither visible (not even strobes or something) nor audible - she must have been rather high for a lowpass, at least 1200ft agl would be my guess...

Well, she was neither visible (not even strobes or something) nor audible - she must have been rather high for a lowpass, at least 1200ft agl would be my guess...

I believe she was at 2100 fleet, trying to establish VMC conditions. We did see her overfly the airport.

Anyway, here are the tower transmissions of it landing in Sydney.

1. SQ380 calling in to tower for landing clearance.

http://www.ninervictor.com/randall/sq380_a...ower_callin.mp3

2. SQ380 receiving landing clearance and a special welcome from Air Services Australia.

http://www.ninervictor.com/randall/sq380_a...g_clearance.mp3

Enjoy! :)

I believe she was at 2100 fleet, trying to establish VMC conditions. We did see her overfly the airport.

Anyway, here are the tower transmissions of it landing in Sydney.

1. SQ380 calling in to tower for landing clearance.

http://www.ninervictor.com/randall/sq380_a...ower_callin.mp3

2. SQ380 receiving landing clearance and a special welcome from Air Services Australia.

http://www.ninervictor.com/randall/sq380_a...g_clearance.mp3

Enjoy! :)

wow... 3 helicopters hovering... medias plus spotters...

Sam Chui must be one of them <_>

WOW! Awesome stuff, must be a really proud moment for Captain Ting and his crew (as if the delivery wasn't enough!). Channel 7's 1630 News broadcast had a few minute chat with Captain Ting enroute to Sydney in the cruiseat FL370.

A podcast of the ABC national radio broadcast today can be found at: CLICK ME!

Some shots of the big bus today :)

Showing off her bulk and huge wingspan with a crowd of company B777s preparing for their morning departures from Terminal 2.

9V-SKA_MW1.jpg

A closer look at her :p

9V-SKA_MW2.jpg

Saying hi to the Tigers at the Budget Terminal..........and still rolling!! A very late takeoff indeed for the world's first A380 commercial flight.

9V-SKA_MW3.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures:)

Hi guys

Nice pics Hoejyh. Here is my version of the SQ A380.

IMG_9630.jpg

Looooonnnnnggggggg takeoff run!

IMG_9640.jpg

Congrats guys, for being able to cover this historic event....all I can say..Singapore/SQ Boleh

It was a pity that i did not see the landing. But at least the night shots turn out to be quite alright.

There seem to be some tour of the plane organised by SIA.

The day counter has turned Flying Now! :D

IMG_6026A600.jpg

IMG_5984A600.jpg

IMG_5993A600.jpg

And just to let you guys know how big the SIA ads is on the local newspaper in Sydney. Sorry about the lighting on the newspaper.

Page 1

IMG_6029.jpg

Flip Open

IMG_6032.jpg

OMG! I can Flip Open again!

IMG_6034.jpg

Details on the left side

IMG_6036.jpg

Details on the right side

IMG_6041.jpg

Last page

IMG_6043.jpg

Thanks, once again guys, for the coverage !!! :drinks: :good:

Whale surely looks 'handsome' in SQ livery :pardon:

There seem to be some tour of the plane organised by SIA.

Gala Dinner on the night of 25th. Executive breakfast on the morning of 26th (today).

My breakfast for today, Krispy Kreme. Standby for pics! (Now off to work)....

Found this from Sydney Morning Herald website:

A380SIATakeoff_gallery__470x279.jpg

Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 takes off from the runway at Changi International Airport for Sydney. Photo: AP

The second guy from the right looks familiar... kwek... kwek...Kwek... :D

A380YoungPassengers_gallery__470x319.jpg

The youngest passenger to board the Airbus A380 to Sydney, Singaporean Quek Pin Liang, 10 months, and his sisters, Quek Li Yan, 3, center, and Quek Li Jun, 5, right, wait at the check-in counter. Photo: AP

A380SIAAttendants_gallery__470x297,0.jpg

Singapore Airlines flight attendants stand in front of the entrance to the aerobridge leading to the Airbus A380 plane before its takeoff to Sydney. Photo: AP

A380SIAPilot_gallery__297x400.jpg

Singapore Airlines Captain Robert Ting, who is commanding the flight SQ380, in the check-in area before the Airbus A380 superjumbo took off from Singapore's Changi Airport. Photo: Reuters

A380SIAPlanespotters_gallery__470x307.jp

People take photographs as the first Singapore Airlines superjumbo Airbus A380 takes off from Changi International Airport in Singapore. Photo: AFP

A380SIABirthday_gallery__470x352.jpg

Hong Kong student Francis Wu celebrates turning 22 during his journey on the superjumbo. Wu's parents paid US$1250 to buy him a ticket. Photo: AFP

A380SIACertificate_gallery__470x334.jpg

Isabelle Chu, a travel agent from Perth, poses with three certificates that confirm her participation in not only the A380 flight but also the first Singapore Arlines A340-500 flights between Singapore and Los Angeles, and Singapore and New York. Photo: AP

A380SydneyCrowds_gallery__470x259.jpg

Crowds gather to watch the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 superjumbo land in Sydney. Photo: Robert Pearce

A380SydneyMedia_gallery__470x287.jpg

A media throng also awaits the arrival of the Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 superjumbo. Photo: Dallas Kilponen

A380SydneyAbove_gallery__470x295.jpg

The Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 superjumbo comes in for a landing at Sydney Airport. Photo: Robert Pearce

A380SydneyTouchdown_gallery__470x286.jpg

Singapore Airlines' Airbus A380 superjumbo completes its first commercial flight, touching down at Sydney Airport. Photo: Reuters

A380SydneySideon_gallery__470x290.jpg

The Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 superjumbo's front wheel comes down at Sydney Airport. Photo: Dallas Kilponen

A380SydneyTerminal_gallery__470x331.jpg

The Singapore Airlines Airbus A380 dwarfs other aircraft as it approaches the terminal at Sydney Airport. Photo: Robert Pearce

A380SydneyParked_gallery__470x259.jpg

Airport workers crowd around the superjumbo after its arrival at Sydney Airport. Photo: Reuters

Lovely super Jumbo...Airbus Three Eighty

its New, and it will stay with us for a long time. Just like the 747s.

Welcome to the commercial world.

Congratulation to Airbus to make it right,

Congratulation to Singapore Airline for its First Commercial Airbus Three Eighty flight.

Super!!

Congratulations to Airbus...you guys are great...

juz like we always heard,

a giant redwood tree can't survive without small ants,

A380 can't survive without you...

again, congratulation Airbus... :good:

It was such a bad day to capture this A380. It rained then turn slight sunny then dark clouds started to come when the A380 is about to take off. The plane was also delayed from 4pm till 6pm. Guess the delay is a tad too much. There's almost no light left! :angry:

IMG_6358A800.jpg

Sign in to follow this