MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

1300 88 3000

Has anyone tried out their phone call recently? I tried many days and even until now I didn’t get what I wanted to get! All due to one reason, it was like the phone will never get answered! And I need to cancel the phone because they are actually charging me (as what they claimed to be toll free).

Someone may say it could due to peak hour call, but all my calls were made at night, from 9pm to 11pm. I used to call MH’s toll free number many times, maybe 2006 and it was answered very fast, their speed were superb! But now obviously no more.

So anyone tried to call them recently? Is this problem encounter by me only? Or many other people face the same thing?

What is MH really doing now? They even cut out employees from the call centre? Anyone has any idea?

Sorry I’ve rant a lot about MH recently, but I really can’t stand, because I’ve no choice, or else AK will win my faith again!

Calls in the middle of the night are usually picked up quickly. During daytime, almost always go answered. Anyway they should answer within a certain period of time, say 2 minutes, so that their performance can be measured against other callcentres of other organizations in different industries. Otherwise one would think that MH's callcentre is a mediocre one. In fact, by having to wait more than 5 minutes is, in my opinion, already mediocre.

Calls in the middle of the night are usually picked up quickly. During daytime, almost always go answered. Anyway they should answer within a certain period of time, say 2 minutes, so that their performance can be measured against other callcentres of other organizations in different industries. Otherwise one would think that MH's callcentre is a mediocre one. In fact, by having to wait more than 5 minutes is, in my opinion, already mediocre.

2 minutes? I waited for 20 minutes......

20 minutes? Are there really so many people calling them? And I really hate listening to their advertisement! Man, just play a music is good enough...

20 minutes? Are there really so many people calling them? And I really hate listening to their advertisement! Man, just play a music is good enough...

Yes...20 minutes..

"Thank you for calling malaysia airlines....untuk bahasa melayu sila tekan 1, press 2 for english"

Ah please don't repeat that sentence lar... Sick of it now.......

Btw, how about their own sales center? Last time I was there and my friend waited for almost 1 and a half hour... Sh*t man... They're really slow... To be honest AK is even faster than them.....

I called them last week to make some changes to my itinerary...it took them ~12 min to answer my call....as i called using my cell phone, so can you imagine how much $$ that call cost me....sigh...their customers service is getting worse i think!!!!....

My advise from experience:

To save money calling those people who think customers should wait and take their turns if they want to fly their prestigeous 'certified 5-star airline' on decade-old planes, use the alternate 03-78433000 if you are on Celcom 'Minutes' plan. Using the 1-300 number is charged saperately, but the above number is charged together with the Celcom minutes plan (e.g. free 100 minutes of call for 100 minutes plan). I'm not sure of other cellphone operators and their respective plans.

If you are at ticket offices such as at Jalan Sultan Ismail or KL Sentral which are normally busy, get your queue number by pressing the Enrich Gold / Platinum or First / Business Class, even if you are just blue Enrich or flying economy. MAS doesn't care! Don't press the economy class queue number button on the machine. I have seen other people flying economy doing it, and get served quickly. Once, I had an economy queue number and had to wait for more than an hour but still my number has not come up. A quick change to first class queue number got me served in less than 5 minutes and I eventually got to fly on a 5-star airline and got served with a refreshing cup of orange juice in a 15 year old plane.

most fo the time i call 130088300, the mas agent on the other side cannot hear me clearly (be it i call from office, home or handphone). ... just gave up call this number... i normally call 03-78433000.. and they can hear me clearly...

as for the waiting "tune" or "music" or "advertisement"... enough is said in earlier posts.. :rolleyes: B) B) B)

Yes, i tried it few months back and it took me to wait for at leaszt 10 minutes before they answer. I wonder what's wrong too. It may be shortage of staff now. Anyway, the advertisement played is obviously outdates as well. MAS is always slow to pick up in every aspect.

My advise from experience:To save money calling those people who think customers should wait and take their turns if they want to fly their prestigeous 'certified 5-star airline' on decade-old planes, use the alternate 03-78433000 if you are on Celcom 'Minutes' plan. Using the 1-300 number is charged saperately, but the above number is charged together with the Celcom minutes plan (e.g. free 100 minutes of call for 100 minutes plan). I'm not sure of other cellphone operators and their respective plans.If you are at ticket offices such as at Jalan Sultan Ismail or KL Sentral which are normally busy, get your queue number by pressing the Enrich Gold / Platinum or First / Business Class, even if you are just blue Enrich or flying economy. MAS doesn't care! Don't press the economy class queue number button on the machine. I have seen other people flying economy doing it, and get served quickly. Once, I had an economy queue number and had to wait for more than an hour but still my number has not come up. A quick change to first class queue number got me served in less than 5 minutes and I eventually got to fly on a 5-star airline and got served with a refreshing cup of orange juice in a 15 year old plane.

What is the 03-78433000 about? Their new call number? I never noticed its existence. Thanks for you all for telling me. If this really get me answered quickly I really don't mind paying them money, they also charged me for calling the 1300 thingy.

Btw, your advise on pressing the Business Class number will never work here, be it in BKI or MYY. I've seen people doing it, and they get "shouted", and get back to get their economy class queue number, they are quite strict here. Well you know MH people are polite... Whenever I go to MH's office I got angry because those staffs are just too slow in performing, and they don't really want to serve, it's hard for them to press the number for next person to come forward.

Oh btw again, If you want to get served quicky, you don't have to get a number, go straight to the counter when the previous person leaves, and they will serve you, this what I see in MYY. No point of getting a number sometimes.

Erm, I've a question now, which MH ticket offices in this country serve fast? People they normally don't have to wait long?

they classify it as toll-free meaning you don't have to queue up to get your calls answered. so much so for the original meaning being disorientated.

Haha... This idea is cool!

Edited by Chan CS

As I understand it:

1-800 - You pay nothing at all for the call

1-300 - You are charged only as a local call no matter where you call from

03-xxx - You pay the full call charges wherever you call from

So 03-78433000 is the most expensive.

1-300 will benefit long distance callers

1-800 - which company has one.....

was told some other airlines are even charging for calls to the call center.

Is this true?

It is quite common for airlines to levy an extra surcharge for bookings ticketed via call centers.

As I understand it:

1-800 - You pay nothing at all for the call

1-300 - You are charged only as a local call no matter where you call from

03-xxx - You pay the full call charges wherever you call from

So 03-78433000 is the most expensive.

1-300 will benefit long distance callers

1-800 - which company has one.....

dell .....

SQ 24 hours call center +65-6223-8888 is worst. Called last night (2300hour, 26th October) was on hold for over 40 minutes WITHOUT answering. Called again this morning (1000 hour, 27th October) was cut off after selecting options. :angry: :sorry:

At the end, called SQ office at KUL for change of reservation.

But doesn’t mean MH can take this for granted or comparison.

:drinks:

call for 03 is only charge on local call if you call around klang velly except those in KLIA or Kuala Selangor as they are also in the region of 03 but they are away from centre more then 100KM a part...(Technically for TM exchange point.)

For house phone. So klang Velly people call 1-300 or 03 is the same rate.

For Hp, call to 1300 or call to 03 is the same rate as 1 county 1 rate, if you are not on those plan extra charge apply.

I'm not sure if MAS is employing incompetent staff at its callcentre, or outsourcing its callcentre operations to an incompetent company employing incompetent staff, or deliberately using tactics to achieve Historical Record Profits.

At 12.34 a.m. just now, I made a reservation for my maid who had to make an emergency trip to Surabaya today. First I checked MH's and AK's websites, and found a flight MH873 for later today 1630 hours with a total fare of RM585 one way under 'V' class. On AK's website, there were no flights listed as it is already within the 24 hour window where one would have to make a call to its callcentre. Being closed already by 9.00pm, my only choice for a confirmed reservation was on MH.

So after getting through MH's esteemed callcentre to book a flight on an airline with "The World's Best Cabin Staff" so that she'll be happy, I made a booking. After some minutes, I was given the PNR and was quoted a fare of RM975 one way!!

When I pointed to the lady at MH's esteemed callcentre that I could still find a 'V' class fare on the website, she hesitated at first, mumbling that the fare was internet-only fare, but said she will check further. After a few minutes waiting, she came back to me and quoted me the cheaper 'V' class fare for the reservation.

Which makes me wonder why didn't she quote me the cheaper fare first, or at least give me a choice of fares with corresponding penalties for me to decide. Is MAS trying to suck as much money as possible from someone's wallet hoping that the customer may not realise he / she is being asked to pay more when there are cheaper alternatives?

So before making a reservation at MAS' esteemed callcentre, check available fares first. Do not let such attempted daylight robbery occur to you. In my case, it could have been a midnight robbery.

Edited by Rozhan

So before making a reservation at MAS' esteemed callcentre, check available fares first. Do not let such attempted daylight robbery occur to you. In my case, it could have been a midnight robbery.

Not only when you're trying to make reservation...but when you want to make changes to your itinerary as well, makes ure you read the fare rules first....it happened to me few months ago, where the penalties for the amendment is actually RM 65 but the 'not-so-friendly' girl from callcentre attempted to charge me RM 100...

When pointed out by me.....she say :"WAIT, I CHECK".....

after a while, she came back and say :"Yes, 65....(without any apology)"

I was not very happy due to the unprofessionalism and partially the impoliteness.....

Edited by Galson Y.