MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

The sleeves of the female uniform look very Pilipino, though... :p

Male uniform quite good looking !!! Even small orange 'stripes' on their shirt... :good:

The sleeves of the female uniform look very Pilipino, though... :p

Male uniform quite good looking !!! Even small orange 'stripes' on their shirt... :good:

Exactly what i thought, too !

The sleeves tend to appear a bit too "teenie-like" IMHO.

The sleeves of the new female uniform brings back memory. Back in the 90's my mom used to wear those baju kurung with that kind of sleeves, ropol-ropol... :lol:

I have to agree that the new uniform for the females are a little bit overexposing. Was on FY502 today morning and I could see EVERYTHING from the back. So which MP want to bring this issue up in parliament now? :pardon:

The designer of the uniform, Faisol Abdullah, is a top local designer, who was featured in Britain's Next Top Model Season 6. His boutique is located in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

Glad that MH is now going high fashion for their uniforms - Jimmy Choo, Bernard Chandran, Faisol Abdullah.

Seated at row 33 eh ? :p

I wasn't on row 33, but on row 30. Quite far at the back and I could also see everything at the back of the stewardess :D You caught me off guard there, BC! =@

I wasn't on row 33, but on row 30. Quite far at the back and I could also see everything at the back of the stewardess :D You caught me off guard there, BC! =@

See everthing at the back? :)

For me, maybe because of clothes material is silky that's why looks more transparent.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

See everthing at the back? :)

For me, maybe because of clothes material is silky that's why looks more transparent.

Speaking to a top shot in FY, she said all of them were told to wear a camisole. But I guess the information either did not go through or it was misread. Rest assured, the relevant parties have already been made aware of this :drinks:

I am no expert in fashion design, just a uniformfreak.com freak...having seen many an airline uniform, here are just my own observation...not meant to put anyone down or offend anyone...

Close up FY new uniform pictures from me taken onboard during first inaugural flight KUL-KCH this morning. :)

Female front view

IMG_1915_.jpg

When we look closely at the uniform, we can see that it is not actually a "scarf" but the collar of the blouse which the 2 ends tied together... genius...

Close up FY new uniform pictures from me taken onboard during first inaugural flight KUL-KCH this morning. :)

Female side view

IMG_1952_.jpg

From this angle, we can see that the "pinoy" shoulder (which could be inflated for water landing)tends to go "up"....meaning the girls will have to constantly adjust the sleeves...just my thoughts...

Btw, a new uniform especially for Female looks a bit transparent and silky. Maybe soon they will revised and change it. If u close up this picture on FA at the left can get it what I'm mentioned.

Female back view

IMG_1943_.jpg

True to Ikman's acute observation, the "silky" material I believe might not not absorb sweats well...not sure if that is the best material to use in our climate...not to mention dark "stains" which could be seen in our hot weather. The current ATR crew material seem to be better at that. Just my opinion. I might be wrong.

At the press conference, Angelina Fernandez did mentioned something about the dress has got a "eastern" feel to it... and that is has to be past the knees and added with a touch of batik...who knows, it could mean a slight alter to the current uniform...but overall it look fresh and maybe need to be more "friendly" given that the crew need to actually work in confine spaces alot of the time...but not bad actually the overall design...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

When we look closely at the uniform, we can see that it is not actually a "scarf" but the collar of the blouse which the 2 ends tied together...

Yup, it was the collar actually and design bring back to old school fashion 1970's with "ropol-ropol".

Ropol-ropol style can still be elegance as long as they don't make it too "caca-marba" :rolleyes:

It looks good to me. FA can always make an initiative to wear singlet or undershirt if they worry about revealing their undergarment. Can we have more of male uniform?

You guys have very keen eyesight.. I can't see anything much revealing.

We finally have the picture of MH's new uniform.

MHNewUniform.jpg

Special thanks to the MH Rumour Department for this exclusive leakage.

Any comment guys? Apparently it was the steward's uniform that is receiving a total overhaul. The female's kebaya is mere a change of the batik motif print on the fabric, with smaller flowers against a turquoise background.

More to come as more spies dig more photos. I hope to unveil the complete set before the official unveiling by MH itself *evil LOL*

The steward's uniform looks like an ordinary business attire to me. I don't see much changes to the kebaya though. Is it just me or the colour of the kebaya is slightly lighter? Thanks for the leak and keep 'em coming!

Edited by S M Tang

hi everyone, first post from me in MW.

From what i hv seen and heard, the blue jacket is gonna be the uniform for supervisory crew.

The new uniform for stewardess is gonna be the one displayed here.

And as for normal steward, its gonna be gray.

Hope to get the pics a.s.a.p.

Here more picture of new uniform by FA. Thanks Meor for the picture.

179236_501100832848_541867848_6028570_3597846_n.jpg

New MAS female's kebaya is looks very stricking color. Very nice of the new batik motif print on the fabric, with smaller flowers against a turquoise background.

The MH Rumour Department just alerted me that some MH staff may have been in a difficult position with the leakage of the photo as per reply #93.

... takut MH tahu identity staff yang ambik gambar tu. Sekarang ni MH ganas. - (Spy X)

... takut crew yang jadi model tu kena sbb mgt tak bg ambik gambar. Dia org curi2. - (Spy Y)

And therefore the photo will have to be withdrawn for the time being but will be re uploaded back when the time is right.

This is not the first time something like this happened with my rumour news leakages, so consider those who got the chance to see it very lucky.

Lucky me to see the new uniform. Female uniform changes slightly and I like the choice of fabric, which looks quite silky and luxurious.

The male uniform receives a major overhaul, green suit to dark blue (as shown in the picture), but it could be IFS uniform. The tie colour (light blue) doesn't sit very well with the shirt (of the same colour). But it could be the lighting or flash. Overall looks very professional and 5-star.

We finally have the picture of MH's new uniform.

MHNewUniform.jpg

Special thanks to the MH Rumour Department for this exclusive leakage.

Any comment guys? Apparently it was the steward's uniform that is receiving a total overhaul. The female's kebaya is mere a change of the batik motif print on the fabric, with smaller flowers against a turquoise background.

More to come as more spies dig more photos. I hope to unveil the complete set before the official unveiling by MH itself *evil LOL*

salam sejahtera.....

sy mahu penjelasan yang terbaik dari en.azizul dimana encik perolehi gambar prototaip pakaian seragam terbaru krew kabin MAS....

Kerana sy terpanggil untuk bertanya sendiri kepada en azizul,kerana saya adalah jurugambar yang ditugaskan untuk projek itu.....

Sy amat kesal dengan tindakan en azizul dengan memaparkan dokumen2 rahsia syarikat penerbangan MAS.....

Oleh itu perkara ini telah dibawa kepada pihak SURUHANJAYA KOMUNIKASI MALAYSIA dan kemungkinan laporan polis akan dibuat....

Sy ingin menjelaskan kepada en azizul, apabila perkara ini disebar, ia akan menjejaskan imej dan ekonomi syarikat. Dan juga krew2 yang terlibat dalam projek tersebut.....

Terutama nya sy paling kesal ialah gambar2 ini tidak sepatutnya ditampal di laman2 web begini....kerana iannya mempunyai hak anti plagiat dan COPYRIGHT tersendiri....

Oleh itu En Azizul, itu saja yang perlu diperkatakan.....diharap anda jelas dengan apa yang dikatakan....

Akhir kata , jika En Azizul sendiri ialah kakitangan MAS....ia tentu akan memberi kesan buruk kepada karier en Azizul.....HR dan COMM Depart tidak akan teragak2 untuk mengambil tindakan kepada mana2 entiti yang ingin berniat sebegini....

Harap maklum