MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

After the 'world premier' of their new livery earlier today, the MH Rumour Department just confirmed that the cabin crew uniform will be changed as well. It looks like MH is going through a total rebranding exercise.

according to my friend who just joined as their cabin crew, only male crew will have new uniform. the jacket will be in blue colour

Edited by Y C LEONG

according to my friend who just joined as their cabin crew, only male crew will have new uniform. the jacket will be in blue colour

Exciting news! Hope they would design the tie as well. Is it hard to go for black suit? Men have very limited outfit, but black suits for me are the best to signify professionalism, especially as an airline uniform.

BREAKING NEWS from the MH Rumour Department.

The new cabin crew uniform for MH is CONFIRMED!!! The shoe is designed by Datuk Jimmy Choo. Cabin crews who are associated with the Rumour Department said 'uniform baru sangat cantik especially the trench coat'.

More revelation soon.

The new cabin crew uniform for MH is CONFIRMED!!! The shoe is designed by Datuk Jimmy Choo. Cabin crews who are associated with the Rumour Department said 'uniform baru sangat cantik especially the trench coat'.

More revelation soon.

Is it uniform designed for both of cabin crew Male and Female?

The shoe is designed by Datuk Jimmy Choo. Cabin crews who are associated with the Rumour Department said 'uniform baru sangat cantik especially the trench coat'.

:good: :good:

More revelation soon.

Trench coat? No more kebaya?

A typical govt servant mentality (MAS is a GLC), they (management) could not change the balance sheet from RED to BLACK, they change the uniform instead ........... :fool:

:hi:

A typical govt servant mentality (MAS is a GLC), they (management) could not change the balance sheet from RED to BLACK, they change the uniform instead ........... :fool:

I would say it is a wise investment to improve the company's image in the eyes of customer. Now they have new airplane, new aircraft interior, new lounge design (Rimba Lounges) and new uniforms, in which crew shoes are designed by Jimmy Choo, these are value added investments to keep the company going...IMO, these improvements are long overdue...so, give MH some room to improve... ... I believe in the long run, these changes can bring the company from RED to BLACK :)

Yeah, so...... What would YOU do instead?

Yeah, so...... What would YOU do instead?

Papa Radzi

It is a typical statement by keyboard warriors. If only he is given a chance to be in MH, then we can see how he turns RED to BLACK.

Btw Papa Radzi, thanks for making my 200th flight a memorable one. MH2616 KUL BKI

I don't have any MBA to run a company. However, common sense tells me that changing uniform certainly is not a priority in a 'sick company' like MAS. Aggressive marketing, venture new routes, secure new landing and 5th freedom rights, improve products and services, better inventory controls to increase yields, reduce 'deadwood' are the least they could do.

SQ, EK & CX are typical examples ........ look at their uniforms and livery, any changes since the last decades?? Look at where they are now compare to MAS. Everyone else in this region made money except MAS ........

Too many holes need to be plugged in perhaps, among others are :-

http://malaysia-today.net/mtcolumns/34006-the-police-and-ag-chambers-colliuded-to-cover-the-fraud

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/424360-mas-debacle.html

Nuff said

Edited by Lock SH

I don't have any MBA to run a company. However, common sense tells me that changing uniform certainly is not a priority in a 'sick company' like MAS. Aggressive marketing, venture new routes, secure new landing and 5th freedom rights, improve products and services, better inventory controls to increase yields, reduce 'deadwood' are the least they could do.

SQ, EK & CX are typical examples ........ look at their uniforms and livery, any changes since the last decades?? Look at where they are now compare to MAS. Everyone else in this region made money except MAS ........

Too many holes need to be plugged in perhaps, among others are :-

http://malaysia-today.net/mtcolumns/34006-the-police-and-ag-chambers-colliuded-to-cover-the-fraud

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/424360-mas-debacle.html

Nuff said

Changing uniform is not really an issue.. If people like it, why not?

The way for MH to move forward is for it to recognize talent and develop its human capital. So in way, they should move away from how gov do things, no more kulit-fication but qualification.

I only have this to say...MH can change any uniform or planes or livery or food trays.......this will not turn RED to BLACK.....it all boils down to basic proper strategic and tactical planning of their finances and implementation of what/how/when to do.......it will not turn the revenue from RED to BLACK if they cannot get their act right with all the changes.....also the people running the show needs to show more seriousness and keeness to get the company back to where it used to be....

Tell me who doesn't want MH to beat the crap out of the likes of SQ, TG, CX or even EY or EK........

Edited by Raymund Yeoh

Wonder why they did not choose to resemble the multi colour seating from their new aircraft in the new uniforms ... :rolleyes:

That would get MH closer to a circus like appearance having clownlike coloured seats and flight attendants ... :rolleyes:

I really don´t see any need for changes regarding MH´s uniforms !

Actually they are unique (in particular the female ones) and - even from a western point of view - quite attractive.

The actual uniforms really distinguish MH from other airlines! :good:

It´s a waste of money to make changes now.

MH certainly has much more urgent "construction places" at the moment :angry:

Edited by Juergen Witte

If crew uniform change has been budgetted and expenditure justified for during current and subsequent financial years' budgets, and those budgets afford some trickling of black ink when bean counters do their annual deed - all ok. That will account for the 'transparency' side of issue

And on review of said bean counters' year end reports, the expenditure should yield the desired beneficial effect of contributing towards the company's positive P&L figure. If so :clapping: If this benefit is not seen, or expenditure is more than provided for in budget, someone somewhere should give a story as to why programme deviated. That will come under 'accountability' side of issue

For the two components of transparency and accountability to come about in a fair and unbiased manner, 'professionalism' must be paramount and be seen to be being practised (that is if you want others to take you seriously)

No, that was not quoted from any MBA reading list :)

Just run of the mill KW ranting ;)