MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

Somehow I prefer the 'distractions' on AK. :p OT!

The secret is in the kebaya (pun intended) and deportment

image.png

There is a few shades of MH Kebaya colours during its history.

During late 80s and early 90s I remember seeing (left to right) only Kebaya #1 and #4.

#1: Blue Kebaya with Yellow Flowers: Ground Staff

#2: Red Kebaya: ??

#3: Pink Kebaya:??

#4: Light Green with Yellow Flowers: Cabin Crew

#5: Dark Green with Maroon Flowers: ??

I wonder what position wore #2, #3 and #5 in that era? And also quite interesting Kebaya colours has been recycled around during its history where by #2 Red Kebaya currently wore by IFS and #5 is being worn by current Ground Staff.

image.png

#3 Previous IFS Dark Green Yellow Flowers Kebaya has been handed down to Ground Staff Duty Exec (?) Kebaya.

image.png

#3 Previous IFS Dark Green Yellow Flowers Kebaya has been handed down to Ground Staff Duty Exec (?) Kebaya.

As I remember the left with red trimmings were ground crew, pink trimmings cabin crew while the yellow ones were Chief Stewardess. If you see these days, the yellow trimmings are no more. Only denoted by the bars on their name tags. Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

introducing new uniforms is of no significance - the main thing is MAB to get its priorities right and get its tech crew and cabin crew in order and in sufficient numbers to prevent any further cancellations and multiple delays. Changing new uniforms doesnt help the airline if persistent shortcomings in flight ops and crewing is a nagging issue.

introducing new uniforms is of no significance - the main thing is MAB to get its priorities right and get its tech crew and cabin crew in order and in sufficient numbers to prevent any further cancellations and multiple delays. Changing new uniforms doesnt help the airline if persistent shortcomings in flight ops and crewing is a nagging issue.

The last 2 post were talking about Kebaya history and the colour shades and the crew's position. NO ONE were talking about mulling new uniforms in recent years. Last post before the 2 post was like dated back in 2015.

Does anybody know if MH still employs Japanese or other nationalities as its cabin crew?

A friend told me that she bumped into a South African stewardess working on MH 737 flights very recently (And her service was reportedly quite polished and very good!)

Does anybody know if MH still employs Japanese or other nationalities as its cabin crew?

A friend told me that she bumped into a South African stewardess working on MH 737 flights very recently (And her service was reportedly quite polished and very good!)

Her name is Mapule. She was hired for MH now-axed South Africa to Argentina route last time. She has received such a high amount of praise from passengers that MH decided to keep her and bring her to Malaysia instead. Other foreign crew were all but culled as far as I know. Edited by JuliusWong

Her name is Mapule. She was hired for MH now-axed South Africa to Argentina route last time. She has received such a high amount of praise from passengers that MH decided to keep her and bring her to Malaysia instead. Other foreign crew were all but culled as far as I know.

Omg! Did not know she was still flying!

Her name is Mapule. She was hired for MH now-axed South Africa to Argentina route last time. She has received such a high amount of praise from passengers that MH decided to keep her and bring her to Malaysia instead. Other foreign crew were all but culled as far as I know.

My friend only had praises for her and thought that she was such a gem of a cabin crew! If only many of the local cabin crew were even half as good as her ...

Real top-notch service from the heart. She could easily outshine even some of the best SQ crew working the first class cabin, was how my friend described her friendliness and attentiveness.

Well, for the record - MH did make one correct decision - to hire and keep her.

My friend only had praises for her and thought that she was such a gem of a cabin crew! If only many of the local cabin crew were even half as good as her ...

Real top-notch service from the heart. She could easily outshine even some of the best SQ crew working the first class cabin, was how my friend described her friendliness and attentiveness.

Well, for the record - MH did make one correct decision - to hire and keep her.

Yes, correct. I agree with you

MH is once again hiring foreign crew.

First batch of Japanese and Korean crew are now undergoing training.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0XN5piJopb/?igshid=1939f6q5mxuk1