MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

Quite a number of current staff may need to go gym before they can fit in appropriately into the new uniform. [Ok, am not making fun of plus sized people]. It looks tight in skinny fit mode. Hope they come in loose fit.

Maybe they purposely created that uniform, so they can easily identify out of shape cabin crew just like the current kebaya.

MH is a national airline / flag carrier.

A uniform for "Malaysian AIrlines" would reflect that.

Since when has grey been a prominent color in Malaysia ? Also whats with the 4 button vest ? I'm no fashionista but its in pretty bad taste imho.

Now we have Grey + Blue as the MH colors , image see-ing a blue check in desk manned by a man in a grey suit. :aggressive:

I hope the shades is not included. But apart from that, it looks really good! I think only the vest will be on in-flight so it might not be that restrictive after all.

Edited by S M Tang

It may be in dark red/maroon to match the new A380 seat color.

Since when has grey been a prominent color in Malaysia ? Also whats with the 4 button vest ? I'm no fashionista but its in pretty bad taste imho.

Now we have Grey + Blue as the MH colors , image see-ing a blue check in desk manned by a man in a grey suit. :aggressive:

Wow.....which era do you live in? Vest is a very 'in' thing. If that's bad taste, then I'm not sure what's good taste.

Also, our current airline uniform is that blueish green.....I don't think it's our national colour either.

And I think the grey-blue suit is a thousand times better and more tasteful than the hideous uniform MH has now

Since when has grey been a prominent color in Malaysia ?

You kidding ?

Have you not ever had to deal with any government entity ?

You will then realize grey should be the national colour :D

Grey and black suits are very professional look for men (and women), much better than green currently on MH and red on TG. QF and SQ both have their male cabin crew wearing black suits and black is not their corporate colour.

Grey and black suits are very professional look for men (and women), much better than green currently on MH and red on TG. QF and SQ both have their male cabin crew wearing black suits and black is not their corporate colour.

The SQ one is dark blue actually but the blue is so dark that it looks almost like black color. Anyway, like you said, their stewards all look very professional and smart in that dark blue suit :good:

Very smart...complement well with the new A380 livery.

Yup and what I was told for onboard duty they will be wearing vest inside and onground without vest.

Additional info, for boarding and disembarkation have to wear vest plus jacket and for service only vest.

Will this uniform be worn by other crew as well? Or only for A380 crew and slowly introduce for others?

Will this uniform be worn by other crew as well? Or only for A380 crew and slowly introduce for others?

As I know for all crew and no more green :D

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

this is what I capture today at the airport, and onboard MH738

IMG_1309.jpg

Grey is not bad at all..

IMG_1320.jpg

4 crews on 738, sometimes 5....perhaps this one is juice sector.

IMG_1353.jpg

Closer look, with vest, and long sleeve? Kesian these crews, mesti panas....

IMG_1388.jpg

It comes with blue necktie, and silver nametag. Anyway..what happen to turquoise plan for ladies?

And confirmed, FSS can now let their hair loose. Saw one, but didn't manage to capture as she was boarding the plane and I was on the travelator

Edited by affendi osman

Thanks for the updates Affendi O. I like the new uniform, especially the vest.

Fairul

If you have six-packs, wearing vest can be very nice....

But if you're having SICK-pack, putting a vest means disaster.

:help:

Edited by affendi osman

It comes with blue necktie, and silver nametag. Anyway..what happen to turquoise plan for ladies?

Plan scrapped according to my high school mate who works as FS at MAS. Money issue...

And confirmed, FSS can now let their hair loose. Saw one, but didn't manage to capture as she was boarding the plane and I was on the travelator

That's not a good news... :nea:

Fairul

If you have six-packs, wearing vest can be very nice....

But if you're having SICK-pack, putting a vest means disaster.

:help:

Thanks for sharing Affendi, wearing vest remember me to ex Firefly's boeing jet uniform. :D

Yuckk!!