MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

Fr what I see the female uniform kebaya still retains the same design n outlook......i dont really see any difference

The male uniform looks light years better than the current bow tie version....I see the male uniform shirt and tie are almost of the same colour and there is a vest underneath the blazer...

Correct me if I'm wrong

The steward uniform looks so much better than the current one.

The new kebaya looks good with darker colour.

...Golden girls always seem to be the shadow of the Singapore girls.

The new uniform was featured in the new Going Places August 2011 edition.

IMG00356-20110806-0117.jpg

IMG00357-20110806-0117.jpg

As per my spies:

Spy A - Baju tu memang dah confirm cuma tunggu arahan bila nak pakai. Tapi crew belum dapat lagi.

Spy B - Going to get my new kebaya measured. Soft launch in Q4 2011. It is the first official email they sent about it.

The male uniform one look a little bit same with QR's except for the tie...correct me if I am wrong...

I just got my Aug 2011 Going Place as well from my colleague.

The new uniform was the only pix that caught my attention. The steward new grey coloured blazer is nice. The new kebaya has softer touch now, instead the previous striking motifs....thumbs up for MH!!

The Kebaya colour are softer, and no more dark pink and blue square surrounding the flowers. the flowers pattern more like free floating around. nice touch. the design of the kebaya still retain. the male FA outfit is much nicer than current one. pleasing to the eye.

Got an insider news that all pilot had their new single breasted dark coloured jacket, not much different from previous one, with thinner bars on the sleeves.

chatted with the IFS last nite on my way back home, they accidently published it actually.

hahahahahaha

according to them, the uniform will be out somewhere around september!

If those pics are true, it's a startling reflection of MH's current sad state - two pax in the whole J cabin ?! :p

If those pics are true, it's a startling reflection of MH's current sad state - two pax in the whole J cabin ?! :p

Either that or no budget to get more models to fill the cabin!

Mmm.. wait until see it with my own eyes because the kebaya pic is giving out light blue color of kebaya resemble high school girls pinafore...

Edited by Adrian M

I downloaded the iPad version of Going Places and same story had different photos which had the crew in the old uniforms. Was this a "mistake" to have the new uniforms go to print before a proper launch?

Hey ericchai,

totally agree with your comment. The kebaya of Malaysia airlines cabin crew is iconic like it is to SQ... there is nothing wrong with it and I think of MAS had it's priorities right, the uniform of the MAS flight attendants would be the least of their very concerns! The current preview leaked on the latest issue of Going Places makes me think they look like Garuda attendants... apparently September is when they are launching it. Hope they change it back!

<!--quoteo(post=153961:date=Feb 12 2008, 08:06 PM:name=Mohd Azizul Ramli)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mohd Azizul Ramli @ Feb 12 2008, 08:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=153961"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry for the improvisation of the photo taking. Perhaps Kenneth can give a better coverage. The female IFS, Norafizah also informed me that a new sarong kebaya will be unveiled for the normal rank flight attendants. <b>The colour will be dark blue, slightly lighter than SQ's</b>. She pointed towards the blue hue motifs on her new red kebaya when explaining it to me.

As for the male IFS uniform, the black suit is worn together with a blue shirt and a red (dotted/patterned) neck tie.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You must be kidding me!

I understand that modernisation has it's price, I think that there is too much to lose if they are going to completely change the colour of their Kabaya.

The green kabaya is as much associated with MAS and a kangaroo is with Australia (or the Eiffel Tower with Paris). The green kabaya has been with MAS through the good times and the bad. The constant winning of cabin staff awards is a testament to this. To get rid of such a well known part of MAS is just ridiculous. Why fix something that isn't broken?

looks like turquoise is the IN thing nowadays...SriLankan has gone the same route from the previous green saree...Garuda..and now MAS...why cant they just go with dark blue and red, reflecting the corporate colours and will definitely looks more professional.

The male uniform one look a little bit same with QR's except for the tie...correct me if I am wrong...

The male uniform actually looks very similar in both design and color to the male uniform of Garuda. Dark grey suites with vest and blue shirt.

I like the new male uniforms. Very stylish from those pictures and I like the darker colour too. Suit and tie always looks very professional. The bowtie was so 80s as was the colour! Hopefully, I'll get to see the new uniforms with my upcoming trip. :drinks:

Rumors MH will reveal men's new uniform by end of this month, maybe we can see during A380's inaugural flight on July. Real design almost 90% looks like this picture.

DIOR-GREY-SUIT.jpg

Rumors MH will reveal men's new uniform by end of this month, maybe we can see during A380's inaugural flight on July. Real design almost 90% looks like this picture.

DIOR-GREY-SUIT.jpg

WOW.....SOOOOOO......SMART

I hope that belt and buckle will represent 10%

Edited by Fairul

DIOR-GREY-SUIT.jpg

Just comparison men's new uniform as advertise on early GP August 2011 issue with the rumors image. :D

IMG_4939_.jpg

DIOR-GREY-SUIT.jpg

Ewwww....it looks sooo K-POP to me! Skimpy pants, and slimfit jacket (tak semua orang boleh pakai ooooo)

I'm glad I do not have to have that on (not that one can fit into it in first place :)) for 15 hours or so

It looks so restrictive - you think the chaps will be able to work comfortably in that sort of outfit ?

Having said that, the girls have been managing in their kebayas since day one, so maybe it's not so inhumane after all :)