MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

Hafiz, I think everyone here understand the issues of copyright. I believe some members here too have been victims of copyright infringement themselves. But I'm sure we don't appreciate the threatening nature of your message. I hope you'd ask politely next time.

Since he made his case public here although I replied to his PM accordingly,

First reply:

Dear En. Hafiz,

The photo in question was uploaded for 3 hours only in MalaysianWings. It was uploaded based on a que from some parties within MH and it was removed 3 hours later also to comply to some requests from certain parties within MH. All these years, I have been contacted by many anonymous airlines employees be it from MH, AK, D7, FY and also some foreign airlines and airports to reveal certain information into this forum because this is an aviation enthusiast forum, where such leakages and information are very much being sought after. All these information are regarded as 'rumour', meaning it will remain as untrue/speculation until the airline releases official press release about it. In MH case, MalaysianWings have been a formal channel by the airline to showcase its product and services. MH even have a subforum in this forum, monitored by moderators who are MH employees themselves.

I regret if you have undergone any inconveniences with regard to the photo. In my position, I have acted accordingly based on my position as a member of this forum, which is to communicate the information which has been forwarded to me.

For your kind attention, please.

Regards

Azizul

Second reply:

Dear En. Hafiz,

I am not sure why you are revealing my personal information in the forum but if you would like to have this matter pursue on a judicial matter, since you have my particulars, just send the letter from your lawyer to my address.

Copyright infringement is mostly related to official promotional material. The photo which was leaked in this forum was a candid shot and is nowhere going to be used as the official photo of MH's new uniform. Rather than chasing me with all these threats, I would suggest you keep a close eye on those whom you worked with who leaked the photos to so many other people unassociated with the photoshoot session, the crew involved, MH and the aviation industry as a whole, like myself.

Personally, I see there is no harm whatsoever that this photo imposes to MH. In fact, I think it generates much excitement and some kind of a promotion to MH among aviation enthusiasts because I believe everyone is anticipating how MH's new uniform for cabin crew looks like.

Regards

Azizul

This Joe bombe chap goes around threatening azizul. Maybe azizul should make a police report on the threat.

Hafiz, I think everyone here understand the issues of copyright. I believe some members here too have been victims of copyright infringement themselves. But I'm sure we don't appreciate the threatening nature of your message. I hope you'd ask politely next time.

Agree. He said " we know who you are ". I wonder who are the "we". The threatening nature of his language seemed to suggest as if MH has hired some goons to rough up azizul.

Also, I am not sure if the photo that I have belong to Hafiz after all. The photo that was given to me was snapped using a phone, not using a proper DSLR camera used by professional photographer during normal photoshoot assignment.

Also, I am not sure if the photo that I have belong to Hafiz after all. The photo that was given to me was snapped using a phone, not using a proper DSLR camera used by professional photographer during normal photoshoot assignment.

I got the same message from him as well (Refer to MH subforum). He sounds very amateurish to me, no offence! The picture I posted has his name on it and I never claimed the picture was mine! Nutcase in the middle of the night!

Such fuss being kicked up over an innocent picture (I'm assuming it was innocent :) since I was not amongst those privileged enough to have caught it during that brief 3 hour window) shared amongst members of an online forum where the subject matter is of very much relevance :rolleyes:

Even if MAR is to be hauled up in a court of law for copyright infringement (hope it never degenerate to that low level !) how much can MH reasonably hope to gain, assuming this jurugambar Hafiz chap is a MH personnel ? PR wise and financially ?

But you'll still need to fight it out and win to start with, downside is you could also lose the case :)

And this while their online booking engine is malfunctioning to point of driving potential fare paying customers into arms of gleeful competitors, discussion here - dear me ! :rolleyes:

(= lost revenue, if it need to be pointed out so blatantly)

Priorities man, get them right :D

Edited by BC Tam

You raised a good point BCT!

The malfunctioning online booking engine is the one that was/ is "menjejaskan imej dan ekonomi syarikat" (quote and unquote!!!)

I am now certain that this is a trap organised by some quarters (the info that they claimed they knew about me seemed to originate and copy + paste from my defunct Friendster profile). To my knowledge, all the rumour materials that I posted in MalaysianWings since the last 4 years are acquired from valid sources and I have the permission to use it from the spies who forwarded them to me, almost all of whom owned the materials. There should be no case of any violation or copyright infringement because I have their permission to do so. It is very weird that Hafiz claimed that I use a photo of his whom he never sees and only realised about it a month after the photo was removed.

Before you guys get down on this matter, maybe its worth to take a moment to wonder if this guy is really a part of MH, or a representative of MH, or associated with MH at all in the first place. The company would not use a forum to make known their dissatisfaction (if any) to an individual. I doubt the credibility of this guy.

Azizul, as long as there's nothing from MH itself, i dont think there's a need to respond anymore to this guy. Highly doubt MH's COMM DEPT has anything to do with this

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

Before you guys get down on this matter, maybe its worth to take a moment to wonder if this guy is really a part of MH, or a representative of MH, or associated with MH at all in the first place. The company would not use a forum to make known their dissatisfaction (if any) to an individual. I doubt the credibility of this guy.

Azizul, as long as there's nothing from MH itself, i dont think there's a need to respond anymore to this guy. Highly doubt MH's COMM DEPT has anything to do with this

Yes, that's right.

We don't really know the identity of this guy, we can only make assumptions.

But as this matter relates to MH, it's a natural people have a tendency to 'associate' this guy with MH, whether he is truly is or not, who knows..

And it's a real showcase of hospitality with his threatening language, MH can even consider reprimanding (or suing, since we are in a litigious mood) this guy for spoiling their reputation.

Anyway, it still amazes me.. All that fuss for some photos that was posted for a couple of hours.

Mr Mod,

Please bring all the judges and lawyers in this forum and we shall have fun suing each other and make megabucks ............. :yahoo:

Some people are just too idiotic to appear in a public forum - "macam katak dibawah tempurung yang jatuh dalam tangki najis" ....... =@

:hi:

It makes me remember to my photo which has been posted and debated a few months ago.

I wonder what happened to the crew after my so called 'unethical' photo posting?

Alamak...ruginya! I missed the photo.

Yup, I lucky to see that photo and it was snapped by using a phone camera not DSLR or digi cam, so I don't think so it's belong to Hafiz. So just ignore about this person, we have here to discuss and not to fighting. Peace all.

It makes me remember to my photo which has been posted and debated a few months ago.

I wonder what happened to the crew after my so called 'unethical' photo posting?

Alamak...ruginya! I missed the photo.

OFF TOPIC: Mate, if you STILL can't understand the indecency of what you posted, you need to swop the initials of your first and last name around - it would be more suitable to your character.

BACK ON TOPIC: New Firefly uniform is nice - hope we can see some "official" shots of the new MAS crew uniform soon - I too missed seeing the photograph.

How about MH's pilot uniform? Any changes?

In the past 19 years we've had one change of pilots uniform. From dark blue pants and white shirts to ....... dark blue pants and white shirts. Some minor change in the tie, wing and cap though.

In the past 19 years we've had one change of pilots uniform. From dark blue pants and white shirts to ....... dark blue pants and white shirts. Some minor change in the tie, wing and cap though.

Thanks for the info Captain.

Joe bombe, why not clearly state your position with MH, since you have threated Azizul for a trevial matter.You couldnt be very busy if you have time to make fuss over a photo.

As long as its lovely and professional looking to complement the cabin crew's visual as friendly and quality service providers and effective enough not to become a hindrance for them when they become security personnels onboard the flights during emergency situations, then to me all is good.

The new uniform was featured in the new Going Places August 2011 edition.

IMG00356-20110806-0117.jpg

IMG00357-20110806-0117.jpg

As per my spies:

Spy A - Baju tu memang dah confirm cuma tunggu arahan bila nak pakai. Tapi crew belum dapat lagi.

Spy B - Going to get my new kebaya measured. Soft launch in Q4 2011. It is the first official email they sent about it.

The new uniform was featured in the new Going Places August 2011 edition.

IMG00356-20110806-0117.jpg

IMG00357-20110806-0117.jpg

As per my spies:

Spy A - Baju tu memang dah confirm cuma tunggu arahan bila nak pakai. Tapi crew belum dapat lagi.

Spy B - Going to get my new kebaya measured. Soft launch in Q4 2011. It is the first official email they sent about it.

I just got my Aug 2011 Going Place as well from my colleague.

The new uniform was the only pix that caught my attention. The steward new grey coloured blazer is nice. The new kebaya has softer touch now, instead the previous striking motifs....thumbs up for MH!!

I am just glad that they did not drop the Kebaya/Batik uniform because it would be really stupid if they did :drinks: