MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

I heard from a friend that he has been tasked to design uniforms for MH!! Not sure how true this is...This friend of mine happens to be one of the designers in Project Runway Malaysia.

I heard from a friend that he has been tasked to design uniforms for MH!! Not sure how true this is...This friend of mine happens to be one of the designers in Project Runway Malaysia.

What it has got to do with fashion and construction?

Construction? If you're referring to project runway, its a reality show featuring budding fashion designers. Hope you're not thinking of airport runways. :)

If female IS supervisor new uniform is an indication, fair to bet LS and CC uniform will be blue and green colour respectively. Design should be similar and only the colour code is different.

:drinks:

Azuan, pity the pic of the plane is out of focus sikit, otherwise even more sexier!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

I really think the green kebaya (2nd from right) would be perfect for maswings as opposed to their currrent uniforms. :) The first kebaya on the right at first glance seems like a current kebaya after being washed out too many times!

I really think the green kebaya (2nd from right) would be perfect for maswings as opposed to their currrent uniforms. :) The first kebaya on the right at first glance seems like a current kebaya after being washed out too many times!

You mean, left, isn't it?... or is it on the right if they are right about their position of the right-most person, subsequently if they meant our right, that would be on our left which is on their right, if it is right, right?... :blink: :p

Great looking kebayas and great looking ah-moi's :drinks:

Can you share some more, uncle Nik ? :pardon:

Great looking kebayas and great looking ah-moi's :drinks:

Can you share some more, uncle Nik ? :pardon:

Sure Pieter.

Here's the Charter Crew in their old uniform. Replacement to the new uniform was done in October 2007.

post.jpg

Both the old and new uniforms were designed in house, and by the Charter Crew themselves. The new unforms can be seen on Norman's XCh and HYD-HKT trip reports.

Both the old and new uniforms were designed in house, and by the Charter Crew themselves. The new unforms can be seen on Norman's XCh and HYD-HKT trip reports.

Do like the Charter Uniforms as well; quite classy !!!

Why is there a difference between the outfits, in other words, why cannot crew wear kabayas on charter-flights ? :blink:

Any special reason ?

When I overhauled the Charter Dept before the millineum, Charter services was considered as a pariah cousin by the mainstream cabin crew, the union was unhappy and the management thought it was a waste of time. Nobody understood the idea of customisation of services, the advantages of having a dedicated dept and the benefits of increamental revenue.

Eventually I got the dept organised, submitted an Ops Spec document to DCA, wrote the Crew FTL, pay scheme, processes etc etc etc.

With the mainstream cabin crew on our back, union howling and the mainstream screaming about compromise of their image by charter operations as we started out serving low end tourist charter market, a different identity needs to be established. Hence the uniforms.

Today the Dept has matured to a point that all high end charters are operated by Charters. Now when high end Charters with well known football teams are operated, the kebaya is donned by the crew so a MH brand identity can be co branded.

Funny how things turn out.....he he he he

Radical and progressive ideas face violent opposition by the average minded.....

ps, when are you arriving KUL?

Edited by Nik H.

Here's the Charter Crew in their old uniform. Replacement to the new uniform was done in October 2007.

Both the old and new uniforms were designed in house, and by the Charter Crew themselves.

Wasn't this uniform supposed to be worn by MAS cabin crew ? replacing the Kebaya uniform in year 1999 or 2000 ?

Wasn't this uniform supposed to be worn by MAS cabin crew ? replacing the Kebaya uniform in year 1999 or 2000 ?

No. The Kebaya will remain though the colors and designs will change.

Dear God, no colour blind psychedelic designer please (spell Pucci, Missoni). Walking Smarties MH crew would be the last straw!

Yeah, Capt Nik's reply struck fear into me as well ! Was making the same appeal mentally before I scrolled down to V Wong's pleading above :)

However, we were reminded a few replies back

Radical and progressive ideas face violent opposition by the average minded.....

Tunggu saja lah !

(Pieter : can only wait lah !) :)

From the NST 05/06/08

""But between now and 2010, we have to be content with the existing fleet. (To ensure that we do not lose our premium customers), we are spending money to refurbish the cabins of all aircraft with new seat covers and carpets. We are also changing the crew's uniform to make it more contemporary but still keep the batik and kebaya. The colour will be brighter."

A nice MAROON kebaya would look elegant, however I dont think the crew would appreciate having to trot around in a bright yellow kebaya... :rolleyes:

A nice MAROON kebaya would look elegant, however I dont think the crew would appreciate having to trot around in a bright yellow kebaya... :rolleyes:

Alamak... Then they will look like Vietnam Airlines!