MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS to Introduce New Cabin Crew Uniform

I think I saw it in the papers too. Very likely IFS as in the picture she was flanked by two FA's and they were in the normal colors.

The new uni is just about exactly the same, just that it is red.

and i believe if the IFS is a male then he is in a charcoal-black coloured suit?

or at least this was the case in my recent flight AKL-KUL

Yeap, black suit with blue shirt and red tie. In my opinion, the red on the kebaya is abit too strong for the eyes :pardon:

Indeed it is, not as good as the normal ones for sure.

@Walter, I am 80% sure I was reading the star. The other 20% of me says it was Utusan :)

@Walter, I am 80% sure I was reading the star. The other 20% of me says it was Utusan :)

Yikes, early signs of schizophrenia - get professional help ! :p

(Just kidding - you should be ok ! :) )

Yikes, early signs of schizophrenia - get professional help ! :p

(Just kidding - you should be ok ! :) )

Very professional term use here as well.

The red kebaya I believe was introduced many years ago, about the time the new change in uniform i.e. the one currently worn. There is also a pinkish / fuchsia, as well as the occasionally seen kebaya with yellow flowers. Someone mentioned the yellow-flowered one is worn by inflight supervisors as I had enquired about it in a thread here long time ago.

Then there is the commonly seen one used by regular stewardesses, and another colour worn by ticket office / check-in counter personnel plus other lady ground staff. Altogether 5 different colour schemes.

I'm surprised the red one made a comeback in the event. Never seen it worn in other events in the past many years.

Yea, they have changed the uniform since early this year. I've seen it when I'm working at the KLIA Satellite terminal line station especially the red kebaya.