MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Balik Kampung for Hari Raya Thread

This is a feel good thread. :yahoo:

Feel free to share your balik kampung trip for hari raya this year (which is predicted to be on 13-14 Oct 2007). Which carrier you'll be flying, what routes you'll be taking and on what class you'll be travelling?

It is interesting to find out who will be flying the farthest this year to return to his kampung (perhaps Izanee), who will be flying on the most number of sector (although maybe it is not that far) in order to get to his kampung and worse, who will be spending the hari raya onboard an aircraft, still on his way to get back to his kampung. :rofl:

As for me, I will be flying on the following (outbound) flights:

balikkampung.gif

Sector 1

11/10/07 Thu PNK-KCH (130 miles) 7P 821 Batavia Air (B73X) Y ETD 08:00 ETA 09:50 - In Y as 7P is a LCC.

Sector 2

11/10/07 Thu KCH-KUL (603 miles) MH 2513 Malaysia Airlines (B734) Y ETD 12:45 ETA 14:25 - In Y as I want to experience the 'snackbox'. Plus it is such a waste to fly in J as I can't savour the wonderful meals due to fasting.

Overall, I will be flying on 2 sectors covering a distance of 733 miles and a total flying time of 2 hours and 25 minutes for my balik kampung trip. I will be in KL just in time for a last minute shopping spree. I will get back to work probably on 17/10/07 flying KUL-CGK with MH in J and CGK-PNK with 7P in Y.

Care to share yours?

Azizul

Miles Calculator

Here's my 'flight plan':

great_circle_mapper-20071003-154834.jpg

Balik kampung:

BKI-KUL 12 Oct, I'd be flying first class with AK Hahahahha...

KUL-KBR 13 Oct, also with AK (yes, it's the raya morning) -- serves me roght for procrastinating.

Balik kerja:

KBR-KUL 21 Oct, early morning juice flight on MH.

KUL-BKI 21 Oct, AK again on the last flight out. Plan to spend the whole day in downtown KL that day.

This year will be my shortest Raya trip ever, I will only celebrate it in Gombak for the first time for the first day of raya.

However, I will have this trip:

map-malaysia-main-states.gif

Visiting my relatives over there

planned for Oct 19

Ticket price - Enrich Miles redemption

2003 Raya trip was my longest trip ever.

Edited by Azuddin

Mine is:

13/10 leaving HUY at 1750 transit in AMS for 2100 flight to KUL on KL0809. economy class of course. even that is too expensive

Edited by Izanee

Happy Hari Raya and Happy Balik Kampung, boys! It reminds me of my younger days when I had to fight for buses just to balik kampung.

I read somewhere "The drive home from the airport is the most dangerous part of the journey". So don't be too joyful until you are really safe home.

As for me now, since I am already a father and grandfather I don't balik kampung. My children and their children balik kampung (not a kampung actually) to me.

I read somewhere "The drive home from the airport is the most dangerous part of the journey". So don't be too joyful until you are really safe home.[/size][/b]

Yes, this is also quoted and mentioned many times elsewhere but I wondered it this is based on distance travelled as opposed to number of journeys. Obviously air travel tends to cover vast distances and the chances of any incident happening is extremely tiny versus the probability of an accident when driving and covering a far shorter distance.

However, I wonder if this is still true if it is based on number of jouneys, given that plane incidents and accidents usually happen during take-off or landings as opposed to during cruise. Maybe, the statistics would not look too good then for air travel.

My Balik Raya Flight tommorow... :yahoo: :yahoo:

AK 6346 Kuala Lumpur LCCT (KUL) to Alor Star (AOR) Departs 0715

I have done my "pre raya" balik kampung...(balik kampung from 15 Aug-15 Sept) FRA-KUL-JHB-KUL-FRA MH005/006

My raya will be in Karlsruhe, Germany. Probably has class... :(

KL0809. economy class of course. even that is too expensive

Because you book too late, Izanee :pardon:

Anyhow, you'll almost have a private flight on your HUY-AMS sector :yahoo:

Yes, you should be able to check-in online as from 24 hours before departure in order to get your desired seats :good:

Enjoy your flights !!!

thanks Pieter! already checked the website. can i check in online even if i bought my tickets via travel agency?

that might be a problem i think...

anyways - looking forward to getting on my private jet to AMS! hope the ah mois are nice!

InsyaALLAH my trip shall be CGK - KUL on 10 Oct 2007 - Lion Air : 699 miles and returning 18 Oct 2007 ( KUL-CGK) Lion Air.

Can my Honda Odyssey be consider a 'carrier' as well :pardon:

Anyway, me and the clan will be leaving KUL to my parent's in IPH on the night of 11 October, after Berbuka Puasa. We will be in IPH until Monday, 15 October (although me and my 2 older kids (Adam being one of them) may try to 'psycho' the missus to stay on until Tuesday :help: ).

It's then the drive along the East-West Highway to my in-law's in KBR on 15 (perhaps 16, although unlikely :nea: ) October. It's then back to IPH on Saturday, 20 October (wouldn't want to miss the Rugby World Cup Final during the wee hours of 21 October :o ) ... and finally back to KUL on 21 October, perhaps after brunch :sorry:

Edited by Hisham Albakri

Time past by so quickly (if you are not counting them) that it has been a year since this thread was created and Hari Raya is approaching again. So, for 1429 Hijrah, Aidilfitri is predicted to be on 1 October 2008. So, in keeping with the tradition of this thread, who among us will be flying to balik kampung this year? Who will be flying the farthest, who will be flying on the most number of sectors and who will be spending the hari raya onboard an aircraft, still on his/her way to balik kampung. Share which carrier you'll be flying, what routes you'll be taking and on what class you'll be travelling.

As for me, I will be flying on the following (outbound) flight:

Raya2008.gif

JED-KUL (4,394 miles) MH 151 Malaysia Airlines Y ETD 21:00 ETA 10:55+1

I will be spending the Hari Raya abroad for the first time ever this year, due to work commitments. However, I have to leave KSA before the 6 of Syawal as my visa will be expired on that day. I am planning to fly to KUL either on 2 October (B744) or on 4 October (B772). As always, I will decide at the very last minute as everything depends on my work status. Nevertheless, I am glad that at least I can still be with my family for Hari Raya, although not on 1 Syawal. I may spend a week in Malaysia before reporting back for duty. Inbound flight will be with MH 150 on a yet to be determined date.

Care to share yours?

Miles Calculator

This will be my last time Raya in Germany

I am planning to celebrate it for the first time at the Malaysian Embassy Berlin.

Here's my journey.

30.09.2008 X3 1252 Stuttgart 19:00 Berlin-Tegel 20:15

03.10.2008 X3 1247 Berlin-Tegel 17:05 Stuttgart 18:20

STR (48°41'24"N 09°13'19"E) TXL (52°33'35"N 13°17'16"E) 322 mi

But the Germans will be celebrating Eid on the 30.09.2008.

Meaning I'll be celebrating 1st day Raya in my Office.

I will be celbrating in Yan, Kedah. Afternoon of the 1st raya will be doing AOR-KUL-SIN on MH to attend a non-profit organization event in Singapore.

I will be travelling in full baju melayu, i dont care hehehe

Here's my trips:

30/09/08 Tue:

QR620 DOH 0115 KUL 1355 - Econ. class (3675miles)

MH1338 KUL 1950 TGG 2040 - Econ. class (205miles)

02-03/11/08

MH1339 TGG 2110 KUL 2205

QR625 KUL 0230 DOH 0530

at first..I don't care much on celebrating Raya abroad ...but after reading the postings ..esp those abroad going home for Raya...I also wanna go home for Raya :( too bad I'm still not eligible for the free passage home..my turn is end of October (31st)..no longer Syawal..anyway..Selamat Berpuasa you guys :p

Edited by Fairul