MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Balik Kampung for Hari Raya Thread

As for me, I will be flying on the following (outbound) flight:

]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MMAR/MalaysianWings/Raya2008.gif

JED-KUL (4,394 miles) MH 151 Malaysia Airlines Y ETD 21:00 ETA 10:55+1

I will be spending the Hari Raya abroad for the first time ever this year, due to work commitments. However, I have to leave KSA before the 6 of Syawal as my visa will be expired on that day. I am planning to fly to KUL either on 2 October (B744) or on 4 October (B772). As always, I will decide at the very last minute as everything depends on my work status. Nevertheless, I am glad that at least I can still be with my family for Hari Raya, although not on 1 Syawal. I may spend a week in Malaysia before reporting back for duty. Inbound flight will be with MH 150 on a yet to be determined date.

A twist of event, I was suggested by my superior to leave 11 days earlier than planned and therefore set to spend the Hari Raya with my family. Performed MH 151 JED-KUL with Penang on 25 September 2008. The return flight MH 150 KUL-JED (772) will be either on 8, 9 or 11 October 2008. To those who are flying home for Hari Raya, have a pleasant journey ahead. Selamat Hari Raya to all MW members.

30.09.2008 X3 1252 Stuttgart 19:00 Berlin-Tegel 20:15

03.10.2008 X3 1247 Berlin-Tegel 17:05 Stuttgart 18:20

Enjoy the festivities @ the Embassy as well as the city itself !!!

I've always enjoyed my visits to BER: a fabulous city with lot's of culture and beautiful nature (esp. now in the Fall) ;)

Don't miss the Eastern part of the city, where some quarters are still very much GDR-like :blink:

30/09/08 Tue:

QR620 DOH 0115 KUL 1355 - Econ. class (3675miles)

Faizul: see my signature !!!

SAME FLIGHT DOH-KUL :yahoo:

my seat 36A :pardon:

I will be celbrating in Yan, Kedah. Afternoon of the 1st raya will be doing AOR-KUL-SIN on MH to attend a non-profit organization event in Singapore.

I will be travelling in full baju melayu, i dont care hehehe

I just received an SMS from MH, my flight from KUL-SIN has been cancelled and transfered to a later flight. Now i have a 3 hours transit in KLIA (ALONE!) instead of 1 hour on Raya Pertama. Damn it. Now i hope my AOR-KUL flight remains on time.

Aidil Adha is approaching and is expected to be celebrated on 8 December 2008. My feeling is a bit mixed up at the moment. Sending off 7 of my colleagues for hajj a few hours ago, made me a bit sad, because I was not chosen to perform it.

I was instead chosen to return to KUL to celebrate Aidil Adha 1429 Hijrah with my family, while renewing my visa at the same time. So, looking on the bright side of life, Hari Raya mood I am then. I will return tomorrow (7 December 2008) with SQ flying the following route for my outbound journey:

AidilAdha.gif

AidilAdha2.jpg

JED-AUH (1,004 miles) SQ 455 Singapore Airlines Y ETD 20:50 ETA 00:10+1

AUH-SIN (3,658 miles) SQ 455 Singapore Airlines Y ETD 01:10+1 ETA 12:30+1

SIN-KUL (185 miles) SQ 116 Singapore Airlines Y ETD 17:00+1 ETA 17:55+1

All sectors will be flown with Boeing 777-200 aircrafts, possibly the 9V-SR* series and it will be a gruelling 16 hours journey for me, including the time spend on the ground during the 2 stops.

As much as I prefer flying non-stop to KUL, there's nothing that I can do if MH is sold out during this busy hajj season. The seat onboard SQ was also obtained after a much fought phone calls to SQ offices in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jeddah and Dubai for several days. It was the Dubai office which granted me the seat in the end. The Dubai office proved to be the most helpful, customer oriented and the one with the less waiting time among the bunch. The worst office would be the JED office, just plain RUDE. (SQ's telephone service is actually almost as bad as MH, I am so surprised!) The inbound journey will probably be done with MH. I am putting my bet on flight MH 150 on 15 December 2008.

So, in keeping with the tradition of this thread, I am wondering, who among us will be flying to balik kampung for Aidil Adha this year? Care to share yours? Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha to all MalaysianWings members.

Miles Calculator

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Hari Raya is approaching again! Let's begin with some news.

From MH's camp:

More MAS flights to meet Raya rush

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has increased its number of flights to meet an increased demand due to the Hari Raya.

From Sept 17 until Sept 28, a total of 49 extra flights have been added to the existing services, covering popular destinations.

The flights will provide an additional 14,882 seats in both directions.

In a press statement yesterday, MAS said it was monitoring the loads closely and would have further additional flights, depending on the availability of aircraft and flight crew.

The Kuala Lumpur-Medan services will be increased to 23 times weekly from the existing 14 times weekly to accommodate the expected increase in traffic demand on the route during the Hari Raya holiday period.

Existing promotional fares are also valid on some of these extra flights.

Customers may contact MAS 24-hour call centre at 1-300-88-3000 for reservations and enquiries about the additional flights.

MASholidays Offers Ramadan Packages To M'sian Destinations

By MUIN ABDUL MAJID

DUBAI, Sept 8 (Bernama) -- Travellers intending to spend their Ramadan holidays in Malaysia can opt for special packages offered by Malaysia Airlines travel arm, MASholidays.

The all-inclusive fares with MASholidays for three days and two nights or four days and three nights are on sale from July 15 to Sept 15 for travel from Aug 22 to Oct 30, 2009.

According to the airline office here, holidaymakers can opt to spend their Ramadan in Kuala Lumpur from AED2,540, Terengganu (from AED3,213), Kuantan (from AED2,936) and Tioman (from AED3,274).

Also on offer are Langkawi (from AED2,944), Genting Highlands (from AED2,587) and Redang (from AED3,771).

Penang is also an option from AED2,898, with selected hotels on the island offering a free third night after two continuous nights at the establishments concerned.

Prices are per person on twin-share basis including return Economy ticket.

-- BERNAMA

Additional Malaysia Airlines Flights For Hari Raya

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 9 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines will operate additional flights to meet the increasing demand for Hari Raya which falls on Sept 20.

In a statement here today, the airline said 49 extra flights would be added to the existing services, covering popular destinations, from Sept 17 to 28.

It said the flights, to operate using B737-400, Airbus A330-200 and A330-300 aircraft would provide an additional capacity of 15,000 seats on both directions.

"Malaysia Airlines is monitoring the loads closely and will mount further additional flights, pending availability of aircraft and flight crew, should the situation warrant.

"These extra flights are expected to complement domestic tourism activities as well as enable Malaysians to visit their friends and relatives during the holidays," it said.

The airline also said the Kuala Lumpur-Medan services would be increased to 23 times weekly from the existing 14 times weekly to accommodate the increasing labour traffic demand on the route during the Hari Raya holiday period.

Existing promotional fares are also valid on some of these extra flights.

Customers may contact Malaysia Airlines' 24-hour call centre at 1-300-88-3000 for reservations and enquiries on these extra flights.

-- BERNAMA

From FY's camp:

Hari Raya Extra Flights

From Firefly Airlines

Firefly Airlines August 26 at 3:47am Report

* Subang - Medan (18 Sep, 19 Sep, 20 Sep & 27 Sep)

* Subang - Pekanbaru (18 Sep)

* Subang - Kota Bharu (17 Sep,18 Sep,19 Sep,26 Sep&27 Sep 09)

* Subang - Alor Setar (18 Sep & 19 Sep 09)

No Raya flights' news from AK?

And how are you guys going to balik kampung this year? Hopefully for those who are flying will update the thread with their itineraries, who knows we may bump among ourselves, on the ground or better still, in the air.

As for me, a big uncertainty as I have 2 set of tickets, a return ticket with MH and the same with EK - not sure which one to cancel. And another bigger uncertainty is that, I am not sure whether I can return to the country for this Hari Raya or not - for the first time ever.

cant wait to see peak hour rush at DOH this Thursday night. The queue will go all the way to the Premium Terminal Building.

guys..Selamat Hari Raya.

p/s: I'm flying with Turkish Airline B)

First time going back for raya in ages!!

Departing LHR on EK2 on 18/9 @ 1415 (on the whalejet, yayy!!)

3 hour transit in DXB, then to KUL on EK 346 @ 0315, arrive KUL on 19/9 1415.

CANT WAIT!!

Here's my 'flight plan':

great_circle_mapper-20071003-154834.jpg

Balik kampung:

BKI-KUL 12 Oct, I'd be flying first class with AK Hahahahha...

KUL-KBR 13 Oct, also with AK (yes, it's the raya morning) -- serves me roght for procrastinating.

Balik kerja:

KBR-KUL 21 Oct, early morning juice flight on MH.

KUL-BKI 21 Oct, AK again on the last flight out. Plan to spend the whole day in downtown KL that day.

HAHAHAHA....I like the summary of your flight plan Ewan... :rofl: Have safe flights bro!

Not on Balik Kampung Raya trip but still travel on Raya mode for next week...

24 Sept 09-KUL-TGG-MH1326
    25 Sept 09-TGG-KUL-MH1339

Manage to get MYR160.00 for return trip, purchased on Aug 26,2009.I was so luck get the cheapest fare when Tganu folks rush back to KL on 25 Sept night...

Emmm TGG again after a year (in Islam calender) with Mini Historic Jumbo flight to TGG...

Another Raya flight news from MH.

Grab great deals during MAS promo

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Air-lines is holding its “Everyday Low Fares” campaign in conjunction with the Hari Raya celebration.

The travel period is from Oct 14 to Aug 20 next year, for all destinations on offer except London, which will only start on Jan 19.

Travel within Peninsular Malay-sia starts from RM69 for an all-inclusive one-way fare while travel to Asean destinations starts from RM228, to China RM438, and RM428 to the Indian sub-continent.

One-way fares from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam, Frank-furt, Paris and Rome start from RM1,148 and to Dubai from RM768.

Routes to Perth start from RM618 and RM988 to Melbourne. The fares for one-way tickets to Istanbul are from RM1,078.

All promotional fares are one-way for economy class travel.

The price includes airport tax, fuel surcharge, insurance and administrative fees.

For a complete list of destinations, log on to www.malaysiaairlines.com.

Tickets can also be booked via MAS ticketing offices or call 1300-88-3000.

As for my trip to go back for Hari Raya this year,

As for me, a big uncertainty as I have 2 set of tickets, a return ticket with MH and the same with EK - not sure which one to cancel. And another bigger uncertainty is that, I am not sure whether I can return to the country for this Hari Raya or not - for the first time ever.

The bigger uncertainty wins! I am not going home this year. So to those who have made an appointment with me, kindly be informed that everything has to be rescheduled. The EK ticket has succesfully being refunded online (it just take a few clicks and filling in an online request form away and you are done. Being an ancient airline, the same however could not be done with the MH ticket. Will have to pay a visit to their office very soon to get refunded.

Sobbing aside, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all MalaysianWings members Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin. Have a safe flight!

Hari Raya Aidil Adha is approaching! First news on extra Hari Raya flights came from Firefly.

Firefly Airlines

October 21 at 4:53am Report

Extra Flights for Hari Raya Haji on 26th November 2009. The timings are as below:

FY6006 SZB-KBR 1940/2045 Thu26Nov09 ATR72-6

FY6007 KBR-SZB 2105/2210 Thu26Nov09 ATR72-6

FY6008 SZB-KBR 2230/2335 Thu26Nov09 ATR72-6

FY6009 KBR-SZB 2355/ND0100 Thu26Nov09/Fri27Nov09

*ND = Next Day

*Seats are limited and based on availability.