MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sing Yew

ADL's MUIT

Ok here goes. This was taken with my friend's camera. I'll post the others from taken from a different camera later.

The Departure Hall on Level 2

user posted image

user posted image

The security check point

user posted image

The retail precint and the flight info display screens. I think they are LCD Flat Panels.

user posted image

Air NZ that would be flying into ADL starting from the 6th of March 2006 had a publicity booth there distributing flyers on promotional airfares and the mock up of their Business Class seats. Looks very much like VS's Upper Class.

user posted image

The departure waiting areas

user posted image

Exhibits on the tarmac. Tarmac access was open to members of the public during the Public Open Weekend.

user posted image

user posted image

The 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games special livery

user posted image

ADL's present Domestic Terminal

user posted image

user posted image

Adelaide Airport Limited claims that ADL is will for now be the only airport in Australia with glass sided aerobridges.

user posted image

That's it for now. Lunch time then lectures after this. Will post the remaining shots later in the afternoon or tonight when time permits.

Hope you all would enjoy them.

Kuhan, this new MUIT is yet to be operational. Will only be receiving it's first commercial flight this coming Saturday morning. First flight will be MH 139 from KUL at 0610.

This was just the Public Open Weekend for members of the public to have a look at what the airport has to offer before it commences operations, which was why tarmac access was allowed.

The anthrax scare was at the present Domestic Terminal, which can be seen from 2 of the shots I've posted.

Very nice photos Sing Yew. Thanks for sharing them.

Just curious, what's the reason behind why the MH 772 the aerobridges was withdrawn and the staircase used? Something wrong with them?

Looking forward to more photos! biggrin.gif

Ricky, the reason is because the terminal will only start commercial operations this coming Saturday. Which is also why the terminal was open to public or else it would be hell to the airport staff to have to deal with such large number of visitors and passengers at the same time. MH would be the first flight arriving at the new MUIT.

Ricky Tiong Posted Today, 06:37 PM

Very nice photos Sing Yew. Thanks for sharing them.

Just curious, what's the reason behind why the MH 772 the aerobridges was withdrawn and the staircase used? Something wrong with them?

Looking forward to more photos! 

The reason the aerobridges aren't used, is because the terminal is not yet operational. The first flight as mentioned previously will be the MH flight from KUL on Saturday the 15th of October.

On that note... does anyone know if MH will be bringing in the "Freedom of Space" 777 or any other special schemed aircraft for the occasion? Maybe the hibiscus schemes??

It's a long shot, but I think it would be great publicity for the airline... I know I'll be there as part of the media covering the event for a company in the US, and that's just me!

A couple of shots from the open day too.

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers

David.M.

Sign in to follow this