MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Thanks for the pictures Alan. Presentation of GA's meals look good, and generous on prawns too.

Seth, that kind of fare of AK vs MH is something I discovered with great shock some time ago. Got KUL-SDK-KUL all-in for RM230 on AK promotional fare, on MH ( I believe 'W' class fare of sample booking many months ahead....RM1,350! I can make similar trips on AK five times over.

Edited by Rozhan

It has been 2 days since the snackbox takes effect. Any MalaysianWingers with the actual photo onboard? All we see so far are just promotional photos of the snackbox.

Ditto. Anyone actually experiencing the new (dis)service already??

friend of mine which is a FA for mh told me they have started serving snackbox starting from 1st of October....all the flight under 3 hour will "kena" :p

another source from her also saying that most of the customer's feedback is (as our thought) NEGATIVE......the portion is just too small....not enough...

Edited by Louis L.

Ok now we have general public's comment:

most of the customer's feedback is (as our thought) NEGATIVE

they should abort this so-called snack box for regional flights ASAP and bring back quality hot meals...

oh btw the snack boxes can stay for flights within Pen. Malaysia and within Sabah/Sarawak... :pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

To have the snackbox being served in Economy for flights within Peninsula or within Sabah and Sarawak, would be an upgrade from the present inflight meals (which is just a cup of juice, isn't it?).

That is an absolute NO WAY for MH. Hey, they are CUTTING cost!

To have the snackbox being served in Economy for flights within Peninsula or within Sabah and Sarawak, would be an upgrade from the present inflight meals (which is just a cup of juice, isn't it?).

That is an absolute NO WAY for MH. Hey, they are CUTTING cost!

no azzizul...as far as i know..(experienced)...bki-kul sector has always been served with meals..i mean hot meal... :lol:

the only thing that is different for me (considering kul-bki sector) is the food...now that they don't serve the meal..might as well i choose ak all the time without even considering mh....

i remmembered got one time, i was booking return flight kul-bki, ak's price seems a bit cheaper than mh, but instead i choose mh since the the price of the ticket only vary not more than rm 100.

tat point of time , i think it is worth it for me to use mh...........now i dun think so :p

ak got newer plane... :lol:

no azzizul...as far as i know..(experienced)...bki-kul sector has always been served with meals..i mean hot meal... :lol:

Azizul actually meant flights WITHIN Peninsula M'sia (e.g. KUL-LGK) or WITHIN Sabah (BKI-TWU) /or Sarawak (KCH-MYY), not within M'sia.

If MH did this, it would be a superb airline. In fact, it should do this snack box thing for KUL-SINvv as the margins are huge, given the virtual duopoly on the route, or even KUL-LGK (which it seldom discounts).

But of course not, MH prefers to be a 3-star airline.

:lol:

rm 35??..with rm 35..i practically can buy 2 large set of DOUBLE WHOOPER at burger king..now that is more than enough for normal person..(maybe me...ngam ngam[suffiecient] :rofl: )....

rm35 of chicken rice???come one...i think u can feed the person in the same row with u :p .....what summore u can say about roti canai....0.70 a piece...35/0.70=50....one person average eat 2..u can feed almost 3 row of passenger :rofl:

i made my mind bout this..if i'm flying with mh...sure i wil buy "some" food on board :p

our hotmeal set are so worthy. is onboard AK's, RM35 can buy four set of Nasi Lemak, two pax and two set each. then add another RM1 for the blue tag.

indeed, the Garuda Meals looks so yummy and more attraction. good job. :good:

I got this 4-page Bahasa Malaysia survey card on MH1157 PEN-KUL 2 October. I suppose this is what MAS used to decide that 'passengers want lighter meals.......' hence the exquisite Snack Box chockful of fine cuisine from a 5-Star airline with a panel of international chefs who design delightful meals for MAS' esteemed passengers.

However I can't find any section of the survey that could lead to MAS to conclude that passengers do want lighter meals. If this is the survey, then MAS had certainly lied.

And how come introduce meal first (assuming 1 October MAS really started to dish out Snack Boxes to delighted passengers)...... and then do the survey. That's very 5-Star!

MASSurvey1.jpg

MASSurvey2.jpg

MASSurvey3.jpg

MASSurvey4.jpg

That survey form looks 'serious'. It's OMR form, which is being assessed by the OMR reader, just like the SPM examination objective paper. Looks like MH wants many passengers to fill in the form (thus the usage of OMR form, instead of the normal questionnaire paper).

i really get more agitated each time i read the posts here. Why? I have followed the aviation scene for years and every month I try to be more optimistic and hope things will improve for KUL and MH. You know what? I'm beyond caring now. Let them do as they please. Let them lose the good will of their customers (having lost 5-6 million pax to AK already).

There was a point where MH had to decide whether it wanted to be a LCC or continue as a legacy carrier.

They opted for the latter.

I don't see how they are differing from a LCC. My last flight with them in June highlighted all that - no more sandwiches in between meals, no menu, cheap plastic trays. Now they have decided to provide those lovely snackboxes - probably benefiting some crony or other.

Munir is still there despite wasting tens of thousands of pounds on his free first class flights to london.

All airlines like EK, SQ, TG, QR have lovely little menus, classy trays etc etc.

Those small things add a touch of class to the service.

In the long run, MH will be the ultimate losers.

Edited by Izanee

Azizul actually meant flights WITHIN Peninsula M'sia (e.g. KUL-LGK) or WITHIN Sabah (BKI-TWU) /or Sarawak (KCH-MYY), not within M'sia.

If MH did this, it would be a superb airline. In fact, it should do this snack box thing for KUL-SINvv as the margins are huge, given the virtual duopoly on the route, or even KUL-LGK (which it seldom discounts).

But of course not, MH prefers to be a 3-star airline.

ops sorry :( ...my bad....my apology for that

anyway..from the servay that rozhan posted..izzit my eyes or did anyone of u actually saw anything like : " do u prefer snackbox or hotmeal? "....

What is that, SAT test question? :rolleyes:

I think it's the answer sheet for STPM Physics paper 1 :D

Edited by Isaac

Question 4 in Page 1. Do they seriously think that all 'Pelancong Asing' (Foreign Tourists) can read Bahasa Malaysia ?

Question 4 in Page 1. Do they seriously think that all 'Pelancong Asing' (Foreign Tourists) can read Bahasa Malaysia ?

i think they got at least two version rite? <_>

i think they got at least two version rite? <_>

Probably there is English version, I did not ask as I was busy wolfing down a box of exquisite tasting fruitcake in expensive looking box, a divine packet of peanuts, and delightful cups of Milo and orange juice for buka puasa over Ipoh airspace. I must say the stewards and stewardesses on the flight were committed in their duties and continued to serve famished passengers even though they ought to buka puasa too.

But if I had the time to complete the survey questionnaire, my answers would have been either sederhana, lemah or terlalu lemah (average, poor or very poor). Why? Because MAS is supposed to be a 5-star airline, and it should justify their 5-star status since passengers are paying through their noses to fly them.

But if I had the time to complete the survey questionnaire, my answers would have been either sederhana, lemah or terlalu lemah (average, poor or very poor). Why? Because MAS is supposed to be a 5-star airline, and it should justify their 5-star status since passengers are paying through their noses to fly them.

100% agree with u rozhan..i would have done the same thing ... :p

Ha ha! Exquisite, divine, delightful.... Mr Rozhan, u should be spinning for MH's advertorial instead of writing about their '5 star service' here :clapping:

Edited by V Wong

:) Since MAS' corporate communications department simply loves to spin their (dis)service, I might as well spin along my (dis)satisfaction ;)

*STOP PRESS*

Malaysia Airlines has exercised its freedom and wisdom to increase surcharge and / or fees to the tune of RM7.00 one way for flights within peninsular. Previous total of RM50.00 (which was incresed by RM4.00 only about 2 months ago) has rocketed to RM57.00 per way.

Thank you.

Ahem... jangan marah ya!

(Don't be angry)

Edited by Rozhan

:) Since MAS' corporate communications department simply loves to spin their (dis)service, I might as well spin along my (dis)satisfaction ;)

*STOP PRESS*

Malaysia Airlines has exercised its freedom and wisdom to increase surcharge and / or fees to the tune of RM7.00 one way for flights within peninsular. Previous total of RM50.00 (which was incresed by RM4.00 only about 2 months ago) has rocketed to RM57.00 per way.

Thank you.

Ahem... jangan marah ya!

(Don't be angry)

flights within sarawak too. just discovered last nite when checking out some prices... :angry:

We must bear in mind that whetever measures that is implemented by MH, cost is the factort to concern the most and im sure that the snak box is only attractive from its packaging. Look at what happen around us, branding and packaging is something to draw's consumers attention. Im sure the most passengers still prefer the meals rather than these snak box.