MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Snack box artwork - in line with current promo blitz (see MAS new safety video on youtube) in design and colour. Done by the same consultancy team? Beautiful (at least some consolation in this fracas) but probably cost a bomb!

Snack box content - yeah, el cheapo trying to pass off as el grande as mentioned earlier. No matter how much dressing is given, a sandwich is still a sandwich.

I was thinking of the amount of cost cutting offered by snack box. Apart from cutting staff on flight, could unopened boxes be recycled for the next flight? No heating required, fuel savings, less carbon dioxide emission. recycleable...... MH should have spinned that these boxes are environmentally friendlier than hot meals... apart from being 'wholesome', 'delightful' etc. Yeah, a winning product from a LCC with 5 star cost!

Ummm... kudos to MH for using the national language on snack box food.. sandwic and air.... at least, will give uninformed foreign language speakers some amusement on boardWhat is the use of the beautifully presented cutlery in the snack box? No sure, but looks like metal to me....

Edited by V Wong

Uuuu....the snack box looks nice :rolleyes: Do they give these boxes for KCH-SBW flights?

I'm getting tired and fed up with orange juice and salted peanuts <_>

I'm getting tired and fed up with orange juice and salted peanuts <_>

Better treasure those for now ! The rate things are going, MH will likely offer sky juice and free air in time to come - and claim it's healthier to abstain from too much salt intake, unadulterated H2O is more refreshing, ....... :pardon:

luckily i think mh do not have the policies of no outside food...wat will they feel when we buy large amount of mcd..burger king or kfc and eat in on board.....i mean during when they offer the snack box....reject their snackbox and replied with : " i have much better food" :lol:

MH has no restrict for incoming food onboard the aircraft. Who knows when they find out flushing cost them more money, they will restrict the amount of food consume per pax :p

Closer look at MAS's snack box...

mlbox01.jpgmlbox03.jpg

I personally think it is a very well-designed snack box. But at the same time, i also think the portion is pathetic and an utter disgrace compared to what you can get off SQ, TG, CX etc. Even KL is serving a full hot meal on the KUL/CGK sector and the air fare is always much cheaper than MAS. Real shame ... !!

reject their snackbox and replied with : " i have much better food" :lol:

:lol: :good:

Edited by Isaac

luckily i think mh do not have the policies of no outside food...wat will they feel when we buy large amount of mcd..burger king or kfc and eat in on board.....i mean during when they offer the snack box....reject their snackbox and replied with : " i have much better food" :lol:

go tapau RM35 of Japanese foods set, or RM35 of chicken rice, or RM35 of KFC, or RM35 of roti canai, or RM35 of SANDWICH, or RM35 of SATAY? :pardon:

Boxes to be filled with the top 5 choices of food as chosen by the customers, eh??

well...my top foods are:

1. nasi briyani

2. nasi goreng

3. satay ayam/daging

4. rendang daging

5. whatever else YOU want

all should come with salad, desert and bun with cheese/butter.

oh wait a minute...

that's what we had BEFORE THIS STUPID SNACK BOX!!!

go tapau RM35 of Japanese foods set, or RM35 of chicken rice, or RM35 of KFC, or RM35 of roti canai, or RM35 of SANDWICH, or RM35 of SATAY? :pardon:

:lol:

rm 35??..with rm 35..i practically can buy 2 large set of DOUBLE WHOOPER at burger king..now that is more than enough for normal person..(maybe me...ngam ngam[suffiecient] :rofl: )....

rm35 of chicken rice???come one...i think u can feed the person in the same row with u :p .....what summore u can say about roti canai....0.70 a piece...35/0.70=50....one person average eat 2..u can feed almost 3 row of passenger :rofl:

i made my mind bout this..if i'm flying with mh...sure i wil buy "some" food on board :p

I must admit the presentation of the meal box is very nice. However presentation isn't everything. Below is what Garuda serves to it's EY pax on a 1 hour 30 minute DOMESTIC flight.

GABrunch.jpg

Aiyooohhh!!!..... you all kept mentioning Burger King and Burger King. i missed BK lorr.... Penang no BK outlet.. :( sorry OT..

Hey.. that Garuda meal looks so yummy even for 1.5hr flight.... very very generous on the prawns... yumm... puasa lerr...

It has been 2 days since the snackbox takes effect. Any MalaysianWingers with the actual photo onboard? All we see so far are just promotional photos of the snackbox.

Hey.. that Garuda meal looks so yummy even for 1.5hr flight.... very very generous on the prawns... yumm... puasa lerr...

For pax who puasa, they get this to take back even though it was a morning flight.

TAKEAWAYFORPUASA.jpg

Garuda has improved inflight service to compete with LCC's. MH does just the opposite.

Oh dear!

Huge box Alan. Mind shedding whats in there? the box is twice as big as MH's

They were for the pax next to me. Didn't take a peek. But on return flight, they ran out of normal tray for me and they served my meal in the same box. It had everything they other pax had.

DSCF0140.jpg

Wow yummy!!

Sad we're not gonna get these in MH domestic any more :( Guess i'll just cancel off any intentions to fly MH domestic in the future unless they reduce the price.

Exactly, I was checking flight to Miri, return with AK only MYR280 while MH is MYR1100, that's like after the food reduction.

yes, that's the plan! :drinks: Last trip around Malaysia with frens before leaving KL for states, I think we are camping/chalet/kampong, not sure the plan yet, long way to go....

Edited by Seth K

Weird choice, there isn't much things to do there.

Better off in Sabah if you haven't been there, climb the blooody mountain mate!! (If you haven't) hahahahaha.