MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Hope you guys are only collecting the box and not the sandwiches and drinks.... :p

I have to say, the box design is quite nice and elegant.

Sam, do you love your national airline more than your money? :p

as mentioned. if got money. mana tau one of these day become a millionaire? gagaga...... lets dream... :p

anyway, the only reason for me to fly with MAS is to collect their stuff. the new box, temptation items, cards, magazine, etc...

anyway, the only reason for me to fly with MAS is to collect their stuff. the new box, temptation items, cards, magazine, etc...

Welcome to the club. But I'm beginning to dislike MAS and resolve to stop collecting from next year. I may have duplicates and other stuff if you have gaps to fill.

I'd rather keep my MAS Noritake and Wedgwood fine china than start collecting those junk snack boxes.

Some feedbacks about the snackbox from an MH insider, whom contacted me in A.Net. Possibly from the result of the OMR form questionnaires.

"The new meal box feedbacks so far ... good and bad. For westerners they like it, as usual, for Malaysians... we always love our rice or heavy meals? Surprisingly, almost 60% of our local pax love it. Many of them take it home according to our cabin crew voyage reports."

60% of Malaysians LOVE the snackbox. 100% foreigners LOVE the snackbox. So can we conclude that some MalaysianWingers have been overreacting over the issue? Looks like the snackbox is going to prosper within MH.

Hope you guys are only collecting the box and not the sandwiches and drinks.... :p

I have to say, the box design is quite nice and elegant.

Sam, do you love your national airline more than your money? :p

Yes exactly man, what is more important now is wheteher the service value for money now.

Oh sorry to come to the picture so late. I have one question:

Are you guys saying that WITHOUT cutting the price, MAS is offering this downgraded service at the same price as previously, but offering downgrade amenities to their customers?

I thought MAS was pushing for the snack box as they reduce what cost pax for travelling? ie. to become more LCC like? If this the case, then MAS is bound to lose customers..... people are paying so much but getting snack boxes??

I have given up flying with them on international flights...... probably will do so domestically due to this......

Some feedbacks about the snackbox from an MH insider, whom contacted me in A.Net. Possibly from the result of the OMR form questionnaires.

"The new meal box feedbacks so far ... good and bad. For westerners they like it, as usual, for Malaysians... we always love our rice or heavy meals? Surprisingly, almost 60% of our local pax love it. Many of them take it home according to our cabin crew voyage reports."

60% of Malaysians LOVE the snackbox. 100% foreigners LOVE the snackbox. So can we conclude that some MalaysianWingers have been overreacting over the issue? Looks like the snackbox is going to prosper within MH.

What can poor passenger do when confronted with snack box? Eat it, leave it or bring home (since passenger PAID for it... a lot of money too). And frankly the box looks nice, not the content though. Just look at AK - whatever service provided, will be taken by some passengers, like the express boarding....

Foreigners (assuming the Westerners) love the snack box probably because the food is suited to their tastebuds i.e. sandwiches, muffin. They may not be able to enjoy curry fish or other asian food which most of us rave. Bottomline, MH regards its EY pax cheaply despite the comparatively high fares by having this snack box. Buying hot nasi lemak on AK is more dignified than having to gobble up the 'free' fine cuisine stuffed into a box embellished with artwork to make it look expensive.

60% of locals love it? Of course - they paid good money for it. They were probably expecting orange juice or something like that. If they take other airlines like TG, SQ or GA - they probably won't want to take MH again.

The westerners are used to snack boxes and sandwiches on regional european flights. I think they would prefer sandwiches to curries or rice. Some of them can't understand how i can eat nasi goreng or nasi lemak for breakfast. all you need is give them a box of cereal and some milk.

agree with Rozhan.

anyways - where are the results from? it looks like some random numbers made up by the managers or CON-sultans.

Are you guys saying that WITHOUT cutting the price, MAS is offering this downgraded service at the same price as previously, but offering downgrade amenities to their customers?

No Choong. MAS is NOT offering the downgraded service at the same price as previously, BUT they are offering this downgraded service with each return ticket (domestic at least) RM32 more expensive than previously !!!!

Right now i just hope AK will improve their onboard catering service. I hope they will introduce more hot meals (instead of just nasi lemak and instant noodles).

It is not a transparent survey. MAS can say anything they want. I seriously cannot think of anybody will see snackbox as a welcoming changes when MAS is charging us more than previously (the air fare).

Everytime we hear MAS saying that how they want to improve themselves and beat Singapore Airlines (its main rival). But they are going no where with this kind of service. At the end of the day it is Singapore Airlines that will smile.

Edited by Isaac

No Choong. MAS is NOT offering the downgraded service at the same price as previously, BUT they are offering this downgraded service with each return ticket (domestic at least) RM32 more expensive than previously !!!!

Right now i just hope AK will improve their onboard catering service. I hope they will introduce more hot meals (instead of just nasi lemak and instant noodles).

roti canai, satay, and chicken rice also not bad. :rofl: :p jkjk...

Edited by Samuel Chy

Oh no........bad news indeed :(

It is not a transparent survey. MAS can say anything they want. I seriously cannot think of anybody will see snackbox as a welcoming changes when MAS is charging us more than previously (the air fare).

Everytime we hear MAS saying that how they want to improve themselves and beat Singapore Airlines (its main rival). But they are going no where with this kind of service. At the end of the day it is Singapore Airlines that will smile.

As MH continue to nose-dive and AK soar, the only serious contender to SQ's leisure traveller is AK, not joking!

As MH continue to nose-dive and AK soar, the only serious contender to SQ's leisure traveller is AK, not joking!

I beg to differ, SQ's and AK's leisure travellers are again on a different market segment. Their prices alone is enough to justify this statement. To BKK from SIN for example, it cost only 60SGD return with LCC such as TR and AK, while SQ cost around 320SGD. These prices are not including tax. I hate LCC, it's all just about getting from point A to point B, but at the same time, they have irresistable prices for students like me. However, for others, say my parents, they would never ever take LCC, full serviced airlines like SQ are the way to go. The serious contender to SQ at the moment are CX, TG, EK, and other legacy airlines. MH is not in the SQ league anymore...

Is this enough?

Mealboxes02.jpg

No. It's not enough. Too small and just cheap ! Substandard !

I like the one below better :p This is the meal served on SQ 2 hours + flight.

DSC01097.jpg

Edited by Isaac

Is this enough?

Mealboxes02.jpg

sandwitch ------------3 X 1.2 = 3.6

water------------------0.50

apple------------------0.80

cadbury bytes--------1.20

cutlery-----------------5 maybe??

exquisite box---------23.90 ???

grant total ========rm 35.00

:rofl:

no offence...

just my opinion

Aku ingat aku aje yang buruk lantak kat sini... heheh

Selagi MH tak buat buffet-di-langit, selagi tu kaki-kaki buruk lantak bising.

Ok carry on with the discussion. I'm done.

Thanks captain!

The presentation sure is posh! but certainly the thing inside is nothing to be hoo haa-ed about. I'd prefer wholesome hot meals in shabby presentation rather than cheap food in money-wasting designer designs.

What on earth is the fork and spoon for?? the sandwich? i would just use my hands for that dunno about you guys. Using that plastic fork and spoon seem to be a little bit tedious for me.