MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Agree with Mokhzani. I once visited a really, really poor lady in a very bare dilipidated house. She went to great lengths to at least serve me something or anything, and all she had was some plain water. She poured me a glass for a drink. I did not want to bother her, but just to say hello. I felt humbled. Despite her extreme poverty, she had a kind of hospitality beyond the ordinary.

Hospitality should come from the heart and ikhlas (sincere) at the same time. Not about being kedekut stingy and keep the best for oneself. Remind me of some friends who eat good food quietely in the toilet because they didn't want to share goodies amongst friends sent by visiting parents at the boarding school.

So we pay hundreds to thousands of ringgit, and get 'RM10' worth of fancy snackbox and the airline calls itself hospitable?! Can't they spare some excess profit for something more generous? Hello.....

Malaysian Hospitality looks more like Malaysian Hospital food.

GOOD ONE..... :rofl: I gotta quote this in my next metings with some of my esteemed but belligerent colleagues.

The ability to laugh at oneself is something that must be adopted by stiff corporate types.

I oncw made a joke in a presentation that we in MAS should open a subsidiary selling used brains. We will make lots of money selling our brains as it will always be in demand. The reason being the brains of MAS Management personnel is almost brand new as it is seldom used.

Only a few laughed.......I wonder why...... :D

I object.

Currently, foods in Hospital nowadays are much better...

Yes...MH is too stingy with the food. Let's just wait and see how long it can survive without being unaffected with the the open skies policies.

THE BEST AND MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO IMPROVE MH SNACK BOX IS TO STOP IT!!!!! I HATE IT, AND THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF A SNACK MEAL INTO A PROPER MEAL!!! SHOWS HOW SILLY ANDd10t MH IS AGAIN... <_> Edited by Ignatius

A hot sandwich would be nice. Not very keen on cold sandwiches unless they're filled to the brim. A wrap perhaps? Or a salad with some meat inside. Warm or cold. Good enough.

Snackbox for regional flight is good.............but perhaps improvement like Andrew suggested will satisfy the customer better. Afterall, you're not flying just bcuz of the food, unless if u fly long haul that will be a different story.

Come on Ak ..

Stop your free seating policy ..

Then I will fly with AK ...

And enjoy your nasi lemak rather than MH snackbox ...

Edited by Nizam

Come on Ak ..

Stop your free seating policy ..

Then I will fly with AK ...

And enjoy your nasi lemak rather than MH snackbox ...

By paying a relatively small fee, you already get priority to choose your seat when onboard. When travelling with a buddy on a non-full flight, certain strategies allows you to bag an empty middle seat. Those type of seats are least popular and are the last to go.

Capt Nik - i agree its always good to be able to laugh at ourselves! we are only human after all. I hope you will mention that at the board meeting. i don't think it will get much of a response seeing what happened to your other story which was excellent!

a lot of people probably felt that it was directed towards them!

and to be honest - Malaysian hospital food is actually better than what MAS is serving up these days. Bring back the good ol' times! Even in Hull, they have started to serve halal hospital food for Muslims - nice keema aloo with rice. Delicious (not that I eat patients' food - I was a patient a few times - gives me some idea of what my colleagues were up to).

Edited by Izanee

erm, 1st reply at this forum :rolleyes:

last sunday took my flight MH2715 from SBW-KUL

f_01m_f87bb2e.jpg

btw, suks screen...

f_02m_adf435a.jpg

the snacks.....

f_03m_dd277ab.jpg

the contents of the 'sandwich'

haiz, i still looking towards its nasi lemak coz last time i went bac to sibu at january is nasi lemak...

NOW? :angry:

and....the bread still got some kulat at thr ad =.=

i duno wat is tat la

mayb decoration? sorry coz din take the photo -.-'

Edited by prosibu

haiz, i still looking towards its nasi lemak coz last time i went bac to sibu at january is nasi lemak...

NOW? :angry:

and....the bread still got some kulat at thr ad =.=

i duno wat is tat la

mayb decoration? sorry coz din take the photo -.-'

Hello prosibu.

Tengkiu fo shering ok.

I egri, the sanwic is not beter den nasi lemak.

Did u it it or not lar?

I just completed my 99th flight with our beloved Malaysia Airlines and it is clear that the snackbox is going to be 'permanent' within the carrier as it has been consistent in 5 of my most recent sectors flown with them (KCH-KUL-BKK-KUL and KCH-KUL-KCH).

MH 2507 KCH-KUL 22 December 2007

DSC04619.jpg

MH 782 KUL-BKK 22 December 2007

DSC04682.jpg

MH 781 BKK-KUL 24 December 2007

DSC04901.jpg

MH 2507 KCH-KUL 8 February 2008

DSC05104.jpg

MH 2504 KUL-KCH 11 February 2008

DSC05127.jpg

It seems that MH has started to vary the content in its snackbox with the addition of a pack of Cadbury Bytes, fruits, a piece of butter cookie, a slice of marble cake, a cup of yogurt and a bakery sandwitch instead of the normal tuna/sardine/egg/capsicum filling sandwitches.

As to answer the main question about the thread, on how to improve MH's snackbox, I think the addition of any hot beverages inside the snackbox will be highly appreciated. However, given the choice, I would dump the snackbox at any given time. From the 5 snackboxes which were served to me, I only finished the first one. The rest were taken home just for the sake of 'tak mahu membazir'.

Half filled sandwich from 5 star airline?! :( :o :pardon:

KK Lee, I think in one of my snackboxes, the sandwithes are made of 1/3 cutted bread. Very the cost saving FIVE STAR VALUE CARRIER in the world. I am being very positive in this reply. :)

Those stuff you can get cheap from your local kedai runcit especially the butter marble cake.

They can improve by replacing the dry 'sanwic' with quality gourmet wraps (Subway) somewhat like BA's All Day Deli, perhaps add muesli etc. But i still question whether or not it can replace the hot meals which IMO they will never, as we asians are too accustomed to noodles / rice rather than bread.

I am wondering whether those sand-wic snackboxes would look more appealing if one bears in mind the multitude of people on starvation level worldwide ?! :)

(Admittedly, this may border on the "insensitive" status, sorry ! :pardon: )

Hello prosibu.

Tengkiu fo shering ok.

I egri, the sanwic is not beter den nasi lemak.

Did u it it or not lar?

y u put rosi so big?@@

i din eat la, jus eat the biscuit , the fruit n the mineral lo

juice always the best...

the flight between kuching n kl even beter <_<

Heard a joke that it's the cabin crew that filled the form favourably giving the 93% approval as it makes their job so much simpler. ;)

There is a possibility of it occuring amongst a few. The one time I was on a MAS flight with such surveys, only few pax were given the survey questionnaire. None in my row was given, and I had to ask one to see the questionnaire.

If so, the few who did that would have done a great disservice MAS' customers.