MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Why not take away some Mc Donalds or KFC at the terminal and enjoy it on board. I've done it before on MH94 and there even still enough OR chicken for my CO LAX-IAH flight.Azuddin
Good idea Azuddin, will try on next trip.
The size might be well acceptable, but the QUALITY of the food is just poor.Tastles and of limp consistency...1.jpgBy the way, sandwiches are rather expensive as there is lot of manual action involved in peperation. Why not simply serve some cup noodles... they should be cheaper and even the cheapest brand will taste better.
Byway guys what is the yellow stuff in the middle...tahu soya???

The snackbox is here to stay. Below is from this months GoingPlaces magazine

DSCF0007-4.jpg

All those of you who like to stuff yourselves please raise your hands!

Edited by Alan B.

Oh no...so they're going to implement the snack box thing....OMG....i thought they'll at least re-consider it due to quite a number of negative feedbacks. But...sigh... :angry: So....no more hot food on board MAS starting JAN 2008??? for all domestic and indo china route....

I tried the snack box last month on board flight MH2534 from KUL-KCH.....the egg and capsicum sandwich taste awful....really substandard :angry:

Oh no...so they're going to implement the snack box thing....OMG....i thought they'll at least re-consider it due to quite a number of negative feedbacks. But...sigh... :angry: So....no more hot food on board MAS starting JAN 2008??? for all domestic and indo china route....

I tried the snack box last month on board flight MH2534 from KUL-KCH.....the egg and capsicum sandwich taste awful....really substandard :angry:

It's a shame!

Before they offer such crap quality they should not offer anything at all. Even more cost saving, huh?

But wasn't it to be expected?

Bye bye 5*.

How to make the snackbox better? I'd say replace the limp sandwiches with a one-footer Subway Italian BLT with everything on...

Can't get enough of it!

Just love those Subway sandwich. If they have those on MAS, I would fly them all the time.

Azuddin

Stop flying MH on sectors that serve this box, with the expectation that hot meal will return. If it doesn't, then don't fly on MH anymore. I'm doing that already.

That's what I doing right now. Too bad SQ does not fly domestically. Also, the same Y sandwiches are also served in F on the SIN runs, only that the finger sandwiches are served on a plate.

MH is going down & down & down...

In Louis L's posting of '60 Years of Flight' in The Star, IJ was quoted as saying:

Full meal trays were replaced by meal boxes, as they were easier to handle, thus saving on time and staff.

I think this is the honest reason why the boxes are served nowadays. But anyway, to choose to fly that airline is somewhat choosing to be served with the boxes.

So make the change. Fly other superior airlines, with even superior inflight products and services :)

Edited by Rozhan

Just want to share some thing.

This is what my parent get from flight from LHR-KUL for in between snack.

There will be 3 photo which show difference angel.

PC050073.jpg">

PC050079.jpg

PC050075.jpg">">

There will be 3 photo which show difference angel.

PC050073.jpg">

PC050079.jpg

PC050075.jpg">">

well , this is more to like a snackbox :p .

thanks leo for sharing :drinks:

Snack box is ony served in limited sectors only. I was chatting to 2 MH LS with another 2 crew..and apparently, they agree that the infight meals on the downturn side. They said sandwishes served from KCH-BKI is now in mini size. Haha, that's something insane

Kenneth, you are right, I flew KCH-BKI earlier this year and I was only served a bun! The presentation was the pasar malam standard. Look at the seal, makes me laugh! :lol:

If the snackbox is served on this sector, it will be an upgrade!

BunBKI.jpg

Kenneth, you are right, I flew KCH-BKI earlier this year and I was only served a bun! The presentation was the pasar malam standard. Look at the seal, makes me laugh! :lol:

If the snackbox is served on this sector, it will be an upgrade!

BunBKI.jpg

:lol: , sorry for asking this question but just out of curiousity , what is the filling of the bun ?? if it contains meat then should be ok , if the filling is something like jem , i guess even a 6 years old can't feel any thing :p

Fuyoh!!!!The bun looks so "Five Star" cuisine right from the kitchen of a Michelin star chef!

By the way, does MAS make sure it uses food-grade plastic to wrap its buns, or that the meal boxes used to pack such delightful goodies are certified free of contaminants, or that the ink used on the meal boxes is non-toxic?

I think Consumer Association of Penang (CAP) should investigate.

Edited by Rozhan

:lol: , sorry for asking this question but just out of curiousity , what is the filling of the bun ?? if it contains meat then should be ok , if the filling is something like jem , i guess even a 6 years old can't feel any thing :p

Don't worry, the filling is not jam, MAS hasn't gone that downhill yet (there is still room for more cost cutting ;) )

To be honest I cant work out what was the filling, at first I thought it was luncheon meat - but it can't be as all the MAS food is halal. It was tasteless but I managed to finish it. I did feel that the cabin crew was a bit embarrassed when giving out these buns to the passengers, he looked a bit apologetic and tried to avoid eye contact with the passengers. ^_^

Edited by H C Chai

I was only served a bun!

oh no... i'm getting a heart attack :o it reminds me of the sambal buns i could buy at my school canteen tho...

lets just fly AK then...

the bun actually looks like burger that we buy from roadside stalls :p :rofl: .

HC Chai , chicken ham maybe :unknw:

i dun mind if they serve a bun , but just make it more appealing and more filling ( like adding egg + some vege :p ) , just like roadside burger :lol:

Yes, exactly the 2 LS were a bid embarass to serve thse mini bun to the passengers. They also said that the seal on the bun also looks cheap. I was made understood that the snakcbox will be withdraw from service soon. Dont know how reliable is this source.

This 'bun' thing isn't anything new - experienced the same on BKI-KCH sometime like Oct last year.

Only that by the latest description, there may actually be some improvement - it was either just margerine or mayonaise filling back then. I never tasted the stuff (never a breakfast person myself) but offered it to the makcik seated next to me, who seemed to enjoy it too.

welcome to five star at low cost. with the internet - more and more people can now see what crap MH is dishing out. how embarrasing.

especially when you rip off customers to get more cash. lets see what happens to the BTP when they run out of things to sell and customers to pay the high prices for low cost services.

IJ should really take note and not sit down spewing stupid press statements about how he saved the airline.

i would like to know how he will be able to maintain his profits in a few years time.

Edited by Izanee

Pringles, muffin, cheese and crackers - killer combo for dietician, not a single fibre...

Had said finger 'sand-wic' served on a plate on KUL-PEN return (C class) last weekend. Tasted like sand.. or maybe sand-paper.. actually felt embarassed for FS for serving such 'delightful' and 'wholesome' food to passengers. Food in PEN Golden Lounge also tasted like sand.... I give up and rest my case

IJ should really take note and not sit down spewing stupid press statements about how he saved the airline.

i think he feels embarrassed too. thats why he's not entertaining any noise for the sake of profit :rofl:

MH is fast removing any value proposition in its service, which is slowly but surely moving towards LCC territory, alienating pax that flew MH for the frills. Clearly, there is a marked decline in the brand quality.

Is this "snackbox" program completely gone ? I was on MH068 (4 Jan 08, BKI-KUL) and MH080 (13 Jan 08, KUL-BKI) and a complete hot meal (consisted of an appetizer, an entrée, a dessert, a bun and a Beryls chocolate on MH080) was served on both of my flights. According to MAS original plan, i should be served a stupid snackbox on both of my flights.