MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

it will be a five star site with low cost.

i.e. geocities.com or myspace.com

maybe even facebook. we can put idris' picture holding a snack box. filled with capsicum 'sandwic'es.

the fact that 'sandwic' seems so wrong must mean something to him...its never meant to be...not for Asians at least.

Number of IFE/PTV channels may be is the next to cut.

:drinks:

oh dear, more and more MAS doom sayers are coming in (sorry if offended)...if MAS is to serve lunch boxes for flights less than 3 hours, Would that affect transit flights (e.g MH 80 KUL-BKI)???

Perhaps next is life jacket ?? :rofl:

OT - I remember reading somewhere that Ryanair had taken out backseat pockets and window blinds to reduce aircraft weight. Anyone can confirm this?

OT - I remember reading somewhere that Ryanair had taken out backseat pockets and window blinds to reduce aircraft weight. Anyone can confirm this?

What I can 100% sure is they stick the safety cards on the back of their non-reclinable seats so we cannot take them home as memorabilla... <_>

Perhaps next is life jacket ?? :rofl:

Or maybe stop loading the Selection and Going Places onboard....(or transform the Going Places into a 5 pages magazine???!!!... :pardon: :blink: )

If anything is to be learned from the stupid remark fiasco is the fact that you can bash and be extremely critical about racial relations, politicians, even the nation! But when it comes to spotting and simming, don't you dare pushing Azahan's button.

Why? Because this is an aviation enthusiasts' forum. Not everyone can fly aircrafts or get to travel every other week on business class. For many the way to lepas gian is spotting and simming.

A pastry chef doesn't refer to a sous chef's work as stupid for the whole kitchen to hear.

Likewise if you are a shoe fetish, you shouldn't say that lingerie fetishism is stupid. I might get offended!

I have to agree with Azahan regarding the apologetic remarks made before knowingly hurting somebody. If i were to enter a room and say 'Sorry i don't mean to disgust you but i'm going to fart'. Then i farted. How'd you feel? Is my apology going to minimize your disgust?

We are talking to each other here through writing. The chances for misinterpretation is great.

Should i give you tutorial in discourse analysis 101 to appreciate the gravity of your finger talk?

I'm going for spotting at PEN tomorrow, and for the first time, I'm bringing my 2 year old daughter with me (no choice really, she always wants to follow her daddy, and she loves looking aircraft)...

And we are not stupid... in fact, my daughter is brainier than her father :rofl:

(ps. the picture on the left, it is my 2nd daughter, not the one i'm bringing to PEN)

Edited by Fitri Shukri

Likewise if you are a shoe fetish, you shouldn't say that lingerie fetishism is stupid. I might get offended!

emmm so now we know what turns you on :D Thanks, we all need a good laugh here. Been kinda heated lately.............

deiiiii long time never write anything... and I came across this! shhheeesshhh I didn't see that brash statement until today.... pretty daring, and stupid in itself. Oh well.. My M.A.R's lack of replies, I figure he's thought or thinking about what he did.

hmmmm ok, snackboxes - in the interest of possibly sounding out of whack - could it possibly just be a short term solution until coffers get full and more rationale catering expenditure can be implemented, or is this a long term thing? How do they look, excuse my complete lack of forum reading of late as I have been dodging particularly peculiar Perth wx!!

In all fairness, they are making a decent profit this year, but anyone know if the profit can be stomached until next year?? Maybe to REALLY save on catering, MAS should just make a single cabin into a hawker centre on it's widebody a/c. Have a Nasi Lemak stall, Chicken Rice stall, Dosai/Curry stall, Ramly burger, ABC stall, etc etc! That would be unique and pax would only have to pay what, RM3.50 per meal?? at most RM6??? I tell you ah, the flying mamak with Bryani and Sup Kambing would be most special at those heights! :) Just playing around here... I'm sure MAS will buck up, they have to or else...

I found these images of the (in)famous snack box from a blog. (Source: here)

mas1.jpg

mas2.jpg

mas3.jpg

I personally think it looks good in terms of presentation. That plastic box with the flowery designs is nice and lovely. Not sure about the sandwiches though. That Cadbury chocolate thingy is definitely better than the crappy Beryl's.

Has anyone had the 'luck' to sample the snack box? Care to share your thoughts? Should MH INSIST on the serving of this snack box in the near future, how do you think it can be improved?

Edited by zaki

I don't have any experiences with their snack box, although I can comment that it looks decent from the pictures that I am seeing. Decent, that is, only for a lunch-meal maybe.

Do they serve the same thing for morning and night flights?

I would hate to see this box if I am having an early-morning or late-night flight when when a hot breakfast or dinner is more appropriate. Even to Australian standards, sandwiches are totally inappropriate for breakfast or dinner.

edit: and I do believe that there is another thread relating to this

Edited by ericchai

how do you think it can be improved?

- Take the box out

- Dump the box into the rubbish bin

- Stuffed the content into IJ

- Go to the mamak stall and order thousands of nasi lemak and roti paratha

- Serve it with the legendary MH service :yahoo:

Edited by Ivan L.

I don't have any experiences with their snack box, although I can comment that it looks decent from the pictures that I am seeing. Decent, that is, only for a lunch-meal maybe.

Do they serve the same thing for morning and night flights?

I would hate to see this box if I am having an early-morning or late-night flight when when a hot breakfast or dinner is more appropriate. Even to Australian standards, sandwiches are totally inappropriate for breakfast or dinner.

edit: and I do believe that there is another thread relating to this

Actually hot food is prefer for most of the Malaysians but not ppl whom are really feeding MAS, eg western ppl. Western ppl, take American for example has no problem with hot or cold food. In fact, one of the most profitable fast food provider, the SUBWAY, is serving cold food. Other than that, Many airports in the US offer cold sandwiches as their primary product, hot food such as burger and steak are luxury meal for them. And as for a 4 hours flight, meal serve portion of that size is definitely acceptable.

Why not take away some Mc Donalds or KFC at the terminal and enjoy it on board. I've done it before on MH94 and there even still enough OR chicken for my CO LAX-IAH flight.

Azuddin

And as for a 4 hours flight, meal serve portion of that size is definitely acceptable.

The size might be well acceptable, but the QUALITY of the food is just poor.

Tastles and of limp consistency...

1.jpg

By the way, sandwiches are rather expensive as there is lot of manual action involved in peperation. Why not simply serve some cup noodles... they should be cheaper and even the cheapest brand will taste better.

Stop flying MH on sectors that serve this box, with the expectation that hot meal will return. If it doesn't, then don't fly on MH anymore. I'm doing that already.

Snack box is ony served in limited sectors only. I was chatting to 2 MH LS with another 2 crew..and apparently, they agree that the infight meals on the downturn side. They said sandwishes served from KCH-BKI is now in mini size. Haha, that's something insane

Sandwich from any Aussie, Western European or US food court or fast food restaurant is better than those serve by MH either in portion, taste, variety, etc.

If MH management can take the snack box for lunch continuously for a week, I will salute them.

:drinks:

i wouldn't mind a snack box if the sandwiches were of a bigger portion and looked tasty. MH is taking the piss. Stuff it in IJs face as KK said and see if he'll tolerate his capsicum 'sandwic' everyday.

d10t.

How to make the snackbox better? I'd say replace the limp sandwiches with a one-footer Subway Italian BLT with everything on...

Can't get enough of it!

How to improve the snackbox? DON'T serve it anymore..... that will be an improvement :p