MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Excellent job A340! Rear to see Rain Spotting in KUL since everyone praying for gud lights and blue sky :D

Glad to know you have a great days even with the obstacles..........looking forward from AMS!! :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

But due to runway upgrading works on 14R/32L

Weather Station is currently temporarily "closed" for spotters... no aircraft :pardon:

During my 1st spotting session at OH last Sunday, saw AirAsia using 32L for departure. Has MAB officially finish upgrading works for that runway?

During my 1st spotting session at OH last Sunday, saw AirAsia using 32L for departure. Has MAB officially finish upgrading works for that runway?

Most probably it was 14R departure... The Runway 2 is closed on the northern part,

thus making it possible for 14L departure (to the south) for A320/B737 type aircraft,

and only MH and AK domestic flights are approved for the limited time (0700-1500)

departures, wind permitting...

Most probably it was 14R departure... The Runway 2 is closed on the northern part,

thus making it possible for 14L departure (to the south) for A320/B737 type aircraft,

and only MH and AK domestic flights are approved for the limited time (0700-1500)

departures, wind permitting...

I think he means 14R

Hi Guys,

I am new on the forum.

Am a photographer from Amsterdam who has just had the great experience of spending on day at your airport!!

I was able to do this with the help of this forum and my new friend CHAITY, who took me to all the superb spot along the runway even through rainfloded roads.

Keep up this great forum which I hope will be an example for the rest of us in the world so we can all help our friends trying to get around at a new airport unaware of the possible problems or possibilties.

I had a great day even though we were confronted by a thunderstorm as you can see from the attached landing Air Lanka picture (4R-ADC), but overal it was a great!!

To see result of my day at KUL please check my website the coming months as I will upload a special KUL page at: www.airlinephotos2001.net

Again a special thanks to Chaity for all his help over the months to make this day to a succes.

I hope to be adding more pictures in the Amsterdam section of this forum in the future.

Going home I went through Singapore so maybe some of these shot also interest you, taken from the terminal.

Hi Koos, now I found your post in MW.

Glad to hear that you had a good time in KUL.

I am sure our adventure to "Ladang" while raining will stay in your mind for sometime. :blink:

I see that majority picture here in KLIA is at day... how about at night? How hard is it to spot at night? Cause it's when KUL at it's busiest....and with the neon light i think it would be spectacular.. but i stand to be corrected since i'm not a profi photographer...

Edited by JessnorArif

I see that majority picture here in KLIA is at day... how about at night? How hard is it to spot at night? Cause it's when KUL at it's busiest....and with the neon light i think it would be spectacular.. but i stand to be corrected since i'm not a profi photographer...

Yes Sir.... some of us did.. :D

Click This Nite Scenes

However, it has been sometimes.... when are we going to do it again..?? :p

Guyz.. any fastest way to get to KLIA for Port Dickson~??? ikut seremban ke ikut Bukit Pelandok~??? :help:

hi there,

it's been a while since I post here.....sometime I read here but seldom post....my mistake.....

btw, I would really want to know......regarding the F1 teams coming to Malaysia for the testing and grand prix....

anyone knows the schedule? to be specific.....the scuderia ferrari marlboro team.......

when are the arriving in KLIA.....wanna go and spot the airplane + see them if possible...... :rolleyes:

I find the Bukit Pelandok road the faster route to get to KLIA from PD. I call it jalan ladang kelapa sawit hehehe.

I find the Bukit Pelandok road the faster route to get to KLIA from PD. I call it jalan ladang kelapa sawit hehehe.

Agreed... PD town-> KLIA, did that in 35min via Bkt Pelanduk..

Agreed... PD town-> KLIA, did that in 35min via Bkt Pelanduk..

Yeah~!!!! Clock 30min++ using my Kapchai... Waaah~!!! Macam tak percaya.. Ingatkan Jauh Sangat~!!!!

Hehe... now we'll see more of Pak Brahim in KLIA...

Next time you want to come... post your intention...

at least others know that MW member is around

so can jointly spot laa

i was at KLIA yesterday when i saw this one guy spotting with his camera.

thinking he might be one of u guys over here, i said hi to him and said something in melayu when he suddenly said "sorry?"

laaaa... tak tau cakap melayu rupa nya.

i changed my language and had a lil chat with him.

i asked him bout the rwy. suprisingly he said he had no idea :blink:

then i asked "are u a malaysian?"

he said "nope im a maldivian"

sekali silap orang daaaaa.... :pardon: ngeheheheee

Hehe... now we'll see more of Pak Brahim in KLIA...

Next time you want to come... post your intention...

at least others know that MW member is around

so can jointly spot laa

yeah~!!! yeah~!!! :yahoo:

Anybody spotting this weekends.. ~???

Spot me tomorrow ah Ibrahim. EK 346...as of now...A6-EBS. Seat 3A..can reach ah? :rofl:

Guest Fendy

i dunno, if some people would just call? <_<

i dunno, if some people would just call? <_>

Cannot spot alone ah? :mellow:

Cannot spot alone ah? :mellow:

boring oohh~!!!! spotting today laaaa with my Kapchai... Going up Obs.Hill and Weather Station.. Cool~!! Cool~!! Got Amazing.. MU.. Yamenia.. Biman.. ANother Biasa one.. Singapore.. Cathay.. KLM.. Got Alfa Foxtrox Ibrahim... and rempit head to head with Alfa Foxtrox Maarof with my kapchai... walaweeiiii~!!! lost at middle.. :angry:

Wonder who is asking....?????? please leave a message to Administration for your real name......

Hi all,

Just saw the Hibiscus today at Amsterdam. This plane has departed with a major delay of 5 hours. I know normally this flight arrives pre dawn so here is an opporunity fort the photgraphers to catch this bird.

Best regards,

Mischa

Just saw the Hibiscus today at Amsterdam. This plane has departed with a major delay of 5 hours. I know normally this flight arrives pre dawn so here is an opporunity fort the photgraphers to catch this bird.

Delay was caused by the late arrival of MH016, which was operated by the same 9M-MPD which was at AMS 25jun07; this Hibby has been extremely busy, as saw Papa-Delta arriving from LHR on 24jun07 at KUL, together with Andrew, KC, Kwek, Emperor and Norman just before departing to AMS (so it flew to LHR, AMS, AMS in succession) ...