MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Welcome to Malaysia,Junichi.. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :drinks:

P/S: Remember to bring along sunblock to avoid sunburn

Hi,all MalaysianwWings members!

It's my first post from Japan, and I'm sorry for my terrible English.

Actually,I will visit KUL from 2nd to 4th,in May.

If someone goes spotting on that day, please call me when you see.

Maybe I will be SPOT 2 (R/W 32R/14L side) in the moring, because it's near from Pan Pacific Hotel where I stay.

But in the afternoon, I will go to SPOT 8(Water Treatment Facilty) or SPOT 7(Meteorological Station).

I'm looking forward to meeting Malaysian Spotter!

Best regards.

Hi Junichi, welcome to Mwings. :drinks:

Spot 2 you mentioned above is not so good for morning as photos might be backlit.

In the afternoon, SPOT 7(Meteorological Station) is the better place for 32L arrival.

SPOT 8(Water Treatment Facilty) should not be a good place for 32L arrival. Most planes would be on the taxiway and not so ideal for photography.

Further more, this location is right next to the road side, bulis might ask you to leave. :angry:

Hope to see you in KUL soon.

Dr Chuo Hock Tieng san

Thank you fou your advice and I'm sorry for my mistake.

If I have any question about KUL spotting,I don't same mistake.

Li Ren san

Thank you fou your advice.

I know Malaysia is too HOT! I must take care of sunburn.

Chaity san

Thank you for your kindly E-mail!

I don't have any transport, I can't move from point to point.

So I wish cloudy in the morning,but shiny in the afternoon.

Anyway I enjoy KUL spotting!

Dear All MalaysianWings,

On Sunday 21/6/2009 I fly to KUL by Air Asia [sGN-KUL: 21/6/2009 - AK881 8H50] for spotting; My questions:

- Which runway will be use?

- From Terminal can I take a taxi to Observation Hill ?

Rgds,

kanehoshi

I would say NO! Most taxi drivers would not have a clue what your talking about.

Your best bet is that someone in K/L reads this post before 21.06.09 and can meet you

at an arranged point and take you there. Greg

I would say NO! Most taxi drivers would not have a clue what your talking about.

Your best bet is that someone in K/L reads this post before 21.06.09 and can meet you

at an arranged point and take you there. Greg

MalaysianWings,

Help me PLEASE................................................................!

If no one can/is willing to meet you, you can always take a shuttle bus to the Main Terminal and visit Anjung Tinjau (Viewing Deck) - at least it's aircon there (if it's working :p )

Are you, actually, a Vietnamese spotter ? :huh:

If no one can/is willing to meet you, you can always take a shuttle bus to the Main Terminal and visit Anjung Tinjau (Viewing Deck) - at least it's aircon there (if it's working :p )

Hello Piteter C. and Malaysianwings team,

I'm tangokilo from Vietnam air spotters, as you know, we're going to WMKK on 21th of June (tomorrow morning flight AK881 SGN-KUL). We see your beautiful pictures on JP.net and airliners.net also, since we go to WMKK for spotting only. Thank your team much for your very details guiding. That would be perfect, if one of you plan to go spotting tomorrow, can we join?

'Cause we are foreigners, and as Kanehoshi previous post, it's quite hard to get there.

Just some words to say hello to all,

Kanehoshi is group leader of Vietnam Air Spotter

Vietnam Air spotters

Hello,Pronpong-san and Kanehoshi-san.

How are you doing? Recently I have a flight to Aussie and China and Guam,,.

I wish to visit KL VVTS VTBS!! I want to meet you again!

For your news.

PK-LHG,PK-LHF ferried VCV-KUL for interior fitting.These aircraft will deliver to Lion-air.

Both are B747-412(msn 24065/24063)

M.SAKAI

Hi captain M.Sakai,

Long time no see, hope to see you back too VVTS. Take care and see ya soon

Hello Piteter C. and Malaysianwings team,

I'm tangokilo from Vietnam air spotters, as you know, we're going to WMKK on 21th of June (tomorrow morning flight AK881 SGN-KUL). We see your beautiful pictures on JP.net and airliners.net also, since we go to WMKK for spotting only. Thank your team much for your very details guiding. That would be perfect, if one of you plan to go spotting tomorrow, can we join?

'Cause we are foreigners, and as Kanehoshi previous post, it's quite hard to get there.

Just some words to say hello to all,

Kanehoshi is group leader of Vietnam Air Spotter

Vietnam Air spotters

Hi captain M.Sakai,

Long time no see, hope to see you back too VVTS. Take care and see ya soon

Hello Tango Kilo-san

It has been a long time,I am so fine and busy so much.But I have no flight to VVTS.

Soon I will request to take a flight to VVTS to my schedular.

From 23JUN,I will have a flight to WSSS then VTBS for cargo flight.

Best regards.

Masahiko Sakai

Hi captain M.Sakai,

We are now in KL for spotting. It's a great chance to visit WMKK, with some nice shots. Thanks to Malysianwings's giude, we cacthed the 32L landing in the short afternoon, after a long walk along.

All the best,

T.K

Many thanks to MalaysianWings, and special thanks to Mr Liew!

We're Vietnam Air Spotters (VNAS) hope can see your guys again ................. !

Rgds,

VNAS

Kanehoshi,

Glad you enjoyed your trip to KLIA and Malaysia...

Kudos to Liew for showing Malaysian hospitality to fellow spotters !!! :good:

Trust, you share your pictures here @ MW soon... :pardon:

(hope to meet VNAS next month in SGN ;) )

Kanehoshi,

Glad you enjoyed your trip to KLIA and Malaysia...

Kudos to Liew for showing Malaysian hospitality to fellow spotters !!! :good:

Trust, you share your pictures here @ MW soon... :pardon:

(hope to meet VNAS next month in SGN ;) )

Thanks MW again, and we are very happy to spotting in KLIA;

Your fligt to SGN : 25jul2009 3K0555 SIN-SGN 320 ? please call me: 0937-999-345 or you can contact with us: http://www.vietaviator.com/forum/viewtopic...?f=36&t=469 .

Hi..i'm very interested in spotting but have not gone for a spotting session before..anyone going for spotting next week? hopefully i can tag along or smth as i'm unsure of the spotting place, etc..tq.

Hi guys,

I’m new here to malaysianwings and this is my first post. Congrats on a great forum, lots of useful info and some fantastic photos.

I would really appreciate some help/advice regarding KUL photography. I’m planning on passing through KUL on my way home from a photography trip to Japan/HKG and I'm very keen to possibly do some photography at KLIA. I’ve had a read through the relevant threads I could find on KLIA, but just have a couple of questions.

1/ are any of the spots around the perimeter accessible without a car ??

2/ is the observation hall of any use at all for photography or is the glass dirty / heavily tinted ??

3/ i’m guessing the wx in Oct/Nov would be wetter than usual ?? This may decide whether I just bypass KUL and go to VTBS instead.

I would prefer to photograph at KUL if possible as I’ve never shot there before...also have been to BKK so many times would like to do somewhere different.

Thanks so much for any help and assistance you may be able to offer, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

Cameron H

Hye,

any air shows that im not aware of? TUDM or anything....coz i read/heard somewhere about some kind of air show going on now....anyone with any info plz sms me.......gtg to attend a wedding....huhu....

cheers,

yohan

A couple of overview photos of KLIA from the sky, so no problem with police like in last June. It's a sunny but hazy afternoon therefore the pics are not sharp and clear.

#1 KLIA_7379.jpg

#2 KLIA_7382.jpg

Wow, the second photo really looks like SIC is in the middle of a man-made island. :p