MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Hey everybody,

I finally made it onto this site and into the forum here :-) I will be coming to KL in April and want to go plane spotting at Kuala Lumpur International. Thanks a lot already for all the help and advice I got from those of you who repllied to my messages on jetphotos.net.

I am now wondering whether maybe some of you would be interested in joining me for a morning, afternoon or even a full day of spotting at KUL. If so - I hope to get a reply here. Or feel free to write me an email: der-franti@arcor.de I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Peter

P.S. Just in case you are interested - here's a link to my pictures at jetphotos.net: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=769

Guest shah4212

Hi everyone,

I'm a "budak baru" here. I'm also into plane spotting but last time nearer to my house, where else, subang airport.

Now need to travel to Sepang to do plane spotting. Anyway, thanks for the comprehensive tips on plane spotting at KLIA.

Greetings fellow MWingers.

This is my suggestion. Since this issue of the authority not allowing us to utilise the designated area for spotting has been going around for so long, this is my suggestion.

First: If we are to look closely at this issue, its not a matter of tresspassing anyone's interest, be it from the spotters side and even the authority. The spotter is only doing what they WANT to do best and the authority is also doing what they NEED to do best! So there is no need for warrants or letters going around here.

Second: The demand of plane watching/spotting, which thanks to hobbyist and the media promoting it, has been increasing greatly in number by the day, is generating quite a popularity not just in KLIA but other airport as well.

Third: The earlier planning of the KLIA has also incorporated designated areas for 'SPOTTING', not just within the context of photographers but also as a family activity, such as the so-called "oservation hill" and others.

Fourth: With the latest incidences of national threats and security, obvious enough,it is of utmost importance that the airport authority to also beef up their SURVEILANCE and VIGILITY in any case of untoward incidences.

Therefore, rather than letting SPOTTERS to roam around freely within the vicinity of the airport, which can cause quite a problem, like the second issue highlighted, cordon off these people to a certain area, like the third issue highlighted, and let the AUTHORITY, have more or less like a BEATBASE for better security control, like the fourth issue highlighted! This will definitely make the whole activity and place better!

For example, spotters can go to Observation Hill which has a PASUKAN GERAKAN AM officer constantly manning the BEATBASE 24/7 thus ensuring that the place is firstly clean of any rubbish, then clean of any possible untoward incident, like anyone trying to carry RPG to attack any of KLIA facilities (which I think in this case is totally out of the question) and lastly as a checkpoint for those officers in their PERONDA doing their round within the perimeter road of KLIA itself!

By doing so, it is not only appreciating the needs of the SPOTTERS BUT ALSO MAKING THE JOB OF THE SECURITY OFFICERS EASIER, like the first issue highlighted.

Who knows, the OFFICER could be so interested about the activity that goes within the area that he might join in the FUN as well!

Hope this does not fall to deaf ears!

Thank you.

Greetings fellow MWingers.

This is my suggestion. Since this issue of the authority not allowing us to utilise the designated area for spotting has been going around for so long, this is my suggestion.

First: If we are to look closely at this issue, its not a matter of tresspassing anyone's interest, be it from the spotters side and even the authority. The spotter is only doing what they WANT to do best and the authority is also doing what they NEED to do best! So there is no need for warrants or letters going around here.

Second: The demand of plane watching/spotting, which thanks to hobbyist and the media promoting it, has been increasing greatly in number by the day, is generating quite a popularity not just in KLIA but other airport as well.

Third: The earlier planning of the KLIA has also incorporated designated areas for 'SPOTTING', not just within the context of photographers but also as a family activity, such as the so-called "oservation hill" and others.

Fourth: With the latest incidences of national threats and security, obvious enough,it is of utmost importance that the airport authority to also beef up their SURVEILANCE and VIGILITY in any case of untoward incidences.

Therefore, rather than letting SPOTTERS to roam around freely within the vicinity of the airport, which can cause quite a problem, like the second issue highlighted, cordon off these people to a certain area, like the third issue highlighted, and let the AUTHORITY, have more or less like a BEATBASE for better security control, like the fourth issue highlighted! This will definitely make the whole activity and place better!

For example, spotters can go to Observation Hill which has a PASUKAN GERAKAN AM officer constantly manning the BEATBASE 24/7 thus ensuring that the place is firstly clean of any rubbish, then clean of any possible untoward incident, like anyone trying to carry RPG to attack any of KLIA facilities (which I think in this case is totally out of the question) and lastly as a checkpoint for those officers in their PERONDA doing their round within the perimeter road of KLIA itself!

By doing so, it is not only appreciating the needs of the SPOTTERS BUT ALSO MAKING THE JOB OF THE SECURITY OFFICERS EASIER, like the first issue highlighted.

Who knows, the OFFICER could be so interested about the activity that goes within the area that he might join in the FUN as well!

Hope this does not fall to deaf ears!

Thank you.

Yes, quite agree with that, see my post in Sunday Spotting with the Star Metro to see what we used to do.

Regards to al MW ers,, David.

GF is sending their B777 for the first time from BAH?

and Martinair Cargo will be landing @ KUL 30mar09 i.s.o. KLM Cargo (AMS-SHJ-MCT-KUL)... :sorry:

and Martinair Cargo will be landing @ KUL 30mar09 i.s.o. KLM Cargo (AMS-SHJ-MCT-KUL)... :sorry:

Pieter, thanks for the info for Martinair Cargo. :clapping:

No knowing her arrival even after searching WWW, managed to spot her at around 2PM while waiting for KLM's Triple 7 first flight to KUL. :yahoo:

PHxxxw.jpg

More photos will be added later in the other thread --> KUL 32L 2009

Hi MalaysianWings,

I'm going to Kuala Lumpur City on 21-21/6/2009 and I'm looking forward to go spotting at KUL Airport. Are there any good places you can recommend for me? If there're how to get there and your guys can introduce for me some hotel (Motel) near airport-Spotting location.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

kanehoshi-Vietnam Air Spotters

If there're how to get there and your guys can introduce for me some hotel (Motel) near airport-Spotting location.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

kanehoshi-Vietnam Air Spotters

Xin Chao Kanehoshi !!!

What price-class are you looking for ?

There is a 5-star Hotel right next to the main Terminal and a Motel close to runway 14L threshold...

Local guys, should be able to give you more information...

Enjoy your spotting @ KLIA ;)

Dear Pieter C.,

I and my friends Arr KUL on - SGN-KUL: 21/6/2009 - AK881 8H50-11H40. After Arr KUL, we want go to spotting location ASAP and stay there untill everning. and the next day, we will go to spot from early morning because our fly back to VVTS at 17H40 (KUL-SGN: 22/6/2009 - AK884 17H40). It a first time for us (Vietnam Air Spotters) spotting in KUL, we very happy if we can spot together with MalaysianWings.

About the Motel, we will stay in backpacker near the city center (we are not booking yet).

Brgds,

kanehoshi

Look who made it on the JP :rofl: :yahoo:

29565_1239853993.jpg

With the following comment...

Remarks: The famous "Observation Hill" at Sepang Int'l Airport. In the front is Rwy 32R/14L, and the MH 777 is passing the Pan Pacific Hotel. The waving photog is none other than the famous JKSC (Emperor) from KL.

Regards, Raj

Look who made it on the JP :rofl: :yahoo:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/RChangela/29565_1239853993.jpg

With the following comment...

Remarks: The famous "Observation Hill" at Sepang Int'l Airport. In the front is Rwy 32R/14L, and the MH 777 is passing the Pan Pacific Hotel. The waving photog is none other than the famous JKSC (Emperor) from KL.

Regards, Raj

Congrat RajC... nice photo

and Emperor looks slim... hehehe

Nice photo RajC and I missed Oscar Hotel a lot. Always a delight to catch curry express from there. :good:

Like Norman said, Ah Kong looks so slim in the photo.

RajC, you did some Photoshop magic there ? :rofl: :lol:

Hello,Pronpong-san and Kanehoshi-san.

How are you doing? Recently I have a flight to Aussie and China and Guam,,.

I wish to visit KL VVTS VTBS!! I want to meet you again!

For your news.

PK-LHG,PK-LHF ferried VCV-KUL for interior fitting.These aircraft will deliver to Lion-air.

Both are B747-412(msn 24065/24063)

M.SAKAI

wah MW emperor make it to the top view in JP :clapping: , ermmm, thinking of submitting such picture to JP :spiteful: .......... :rofl: , jkjkjk

When did emperor go spotting? Ripley's believe it or not, emperor has put some kilos off :lol::rofl:

check out the date the photo was taken....

Waaahhh. Congrat. Raj & Jon. HahahahahHa. Nice Ahhh.. Long time tak jumpa. :D

Hi,all MalaysianwWings members!

It's my first post from Japan, and I'm sorry for my terrible English.

Actually,I will visit KUL from 2nd to 4th,in May.

If someone goes spotting on that day, please call me when you see.

Maybe I will be SPOT 2 (R/W 32R/14L side) in the moring, because it's near from Pan Pacific Hotel where I stay.

But in the afternoon, I will go to SPOT 8(Water Treatment Facilty) or SPOT 7(Meteorological Station).

I'm looking forward to meeting Malaysian Spotter!

Best regards.