MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Hi Guys

I'm a new member and would like to know where would be good places to take pics of airplanes and not get caught by security :help:

Thanks

2 Wrongs don't make a (W)right but 2 (W)right's make an airplane

Hello James,

Welcome to the forums!

If you don't know we have a subforum dedicated to spotting only, its called Observation Hill. Once there, you can just take a look at the stickies there is a post about possible locations to spot in KLIA.

Any other inquiries regarding spotting after that its best that you post at that subforum.

Nevertheless enjoy your stay here and hope to see you spotting in KUL someday soon.

any one know what are times for internationals and what airlines they are because i want to get klm saudi and PIA AND LOTS MORE :rolleyes:

any one know what are times for internationals and what airlines they are because i want to get klm saudi and PIA AND LOTS MORE :rolleyes:

Hope this help... :drinks:

flightstats.com for KLIA

KLM is daily and arriving 1440, departing 1600 again, than back again at 2140 and leaving again at 2310; all times local :pardon:

Hello guys, i'm new here, nice to meet ya guys~ :)

I have this question - My only mean to KLIA is by KLIA express, as i don't have a vehicle.. So can anyone suggest how do i get to the perfect spot to view planes?? Preferably on days...

Thanks alot .

Hello guys, i'm new here, nice to meet ya guys~ :)

I have this question - My only mean to KLIA is by KLIA express, as i don't have a vehicle.. So can anyone suggest how do i get to the perfect spot to view planes?? Preferably on days...

Thanks alot .

Hi Wong...

Welcome to MalaysianWings... :hi:

If you don't have any transport to move around the outer perimeter,

then you can always go to the Viewing Gallery (Anjung Tinjau) in the Main Terminal

and enjoy spotting from the aircond area there...

There are a few good pix in this forum (esp in 'Apron Spotting' thread)

showing the traffic that you can view from the place.

Hi Wong...

Welcome to MalaysianWings... :hi:

If you don't have any transport to move around the outer perimeter,

then you can always go to the Viewing Gallery (Anjung Tinjau) in the Main Terminal

and enjoy spotting from the aircond area there...

There are a few good pix in this forum (esp in 'Apron Spotting' thread)

showing the traffic that you can view from the place.

Thanks for the reply Norman :)

One more question.. Is the viewing gallery packed on weekends??

One more question.. Is the viewing gallery packed on weekends??

Negative.. BTw. you can go to the end of 32L or Wx Station with MTB-LCcT Shuttle Bus.. but need to make sure the weather is good. Bus Stationa at MTB is at the Car Park Building. just tell the driver to stop at the spotting spot around the perimeter road.. and you can back to MTB with that Shuttle bus also.

Negative.. BTw. you can go to the end of 32L or Wx Station with MTB-LCcT Shuttle Bus.. but need to make sure the weather is good. Bus Stationa at MTB is at the Car Park Building. just tell the driver to stop at the spotting spot around the perimeter road.. and you can back to MTB with that Shuttle bus also.

Waah... I didn't know that. I used to 'lepak' at KLIA's Anjung Tinjau by parking my car at Putra Sentral, took the KLIA Transit (RM6.20 one way), and if I want to 'lepak' at the spotting areas, I had to drive there instead. Thanks for the tips, Ibrahim :D

Nowadays, I just 'lepak' at 32L if I see not many people there. Evening times its like a place for family picnics there... loads of people I see, so I usually parked beside the road between Weather Station and end of 32L. Once in the wee morning after work I went there I almost wanted to do volunteer work and pick up the trashes and litters around - its really sad to see these rubbish thrown in the overgrown weeds there. Too bad I didn't have big rubbish bag with me.

I always wanted to check out 32R/14L and Obs Hill, and always curious about Spooky Spot, but since I always went there on random basis, so its usually only me, and taking your advises here I never dared to visit it alone (well.. except at 32L). I only just able to watch (and sometimes stopped the car by the road between Petronas and the lake) when I caught sight of any planes taking off. Hahaha... gian sangat to see one take-off at close proximity.

Edited by Irni Mastura

Last time, I was called 'gila ka nanga belon terbang' by people who pass the that road .

i like to hear that words :D :D ..since i study at KCH for 3 years and i can speak bit like sarawakian..people/my friends also say same thing to me also..but now i really miss KCH/KIA very much :( ..i came with the airport under construction and i left sarawak with new airport..amazing to see before and after expansion of main terminal building..

i like to hear that words :D :D ..since i study at KCH for 3 years and i can speak bit like sarawakian..people/my friends also say same thing to me also..but now i really miss KCH/KIA very much :( ..i came with the airport under construction and i left sarawak with new airport..amazing to see before and after expansion of main terminal building..

Today, nobody will call u gila if we watch the aircraft take off/land ..

Because there are a lot peoples do the same thing ..

But, they are so curious when see the people standing at the Arena roof to take a photo .. :rolleyes:

Today, nobody will call u gila if we watch the aircraft take off/land ..

Because there are a lot peoples do the same thing ..

But, they are so curious when see the people standing at the Arena roof to take a photo .. :rolleyes:

AUk Auk.. gila na miak ya lepak atas lorry nanga belon !!! haha (Yup Yup, that guy must be nutz looking at planes on top of a lorry!!)

Eh. who is this fella anyway? I met him before kah? :p

AUk Auk.. gila na miak ya lepak atas lorry nanga belon !!! haha (Yup Yup, that guy must be nutz looking at planes on top of a lorry!!)

Eh. who is this fella anyway? I met him before kah? :p

Hehehehe...funny to read what u post :rofl: :rofl: ..but it is true before the new terminal complete, it very weird to us to spot at end of runway near with TUDM gate entrance..but now they layap nanga belon kat cinun (excited to see aircraft)...but people at KCH miss B777-2H6..

Hi, saya baru join forum nih. I'm 25, male, shah alam. Sekarang ni landing selalu kat runaway 14. Agak2 bila runaway 32 nak dibuka untuk landing?

Saya akan ke runaway 14 pagi ni jam 9am. Saja nak test tempat baru. Takut2 gak kena halau.Tp dah kata minat giler. Aper nk buat.I got no camera skill so didn't bring my camera. Saya just minat video not still pic. Kalau ada geng boleh gak pegi sana sama2. Runaway 32 biasa pegi tp untuk takeoff je, x minat. Kalau ada sapa nak pegi boleh la pm saya pick up point,date and time. Ingatkan kalau dah terror, boleh la post video kt youtube for runaway 14/32. Seronok tengok this guys punya video (hxxp://www.youtube.com/user/Hacki22).

P/S:Kenal this guy pun kat runway 32 spot (13TH July 2008, 6pm while waiting for my uncle arriving frm Bintulu by AirAsia(http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showuser=91). Nama dia Raj, very the very nice guy.

Welcome to MW. Merlina !!!

Please, use English as not all MW-members understand BM ;)

Enjoy it here, and looking forward to your input... :pardon:

Welcome to MW. Merlina !!!

Please, use English as not all MW-members understand BM ;)

Enjoy it here, and looking forward to your input... :pardon:

Don't worry bro, I'm like a dog I never speak but I understand. I'm trying to improve my English in order to communicate with ATC. Please correct me if what I did is wrong. By the way, I won't edit my 1st post since it was a local issues. Very appreciate your welcome drinls!Cheers man :)

Just came back from KLIA runaway 32 spot. I'm happy because I could watch some big jet departs at runaway 32R. I was there about 20 minutes. My Fav for this session:---> (9:35 PM-Abu Dhabi-Etihad Airways EY 411=Etihad Airways B77W)

Here's the session :

*Codeshare Flight

9:30 PM-Melbourne-Malaysia Airline MH 149/KLM KL 4122*=Malaysia Airline B772

9:35 PM-Abu Dhabi-Etihad Airways EY 411=Etihad Airways B77W

9:35 PM-Singapore-JAL JL 722=JAL B767

9:45 PM-Singapore-Singapore Airlines SQ 119/Malaysia Airline MH 9143*=Singapore Airlines B772

9:50 PM-Kota Kinabalu-Malaysia Airline MH 2626=Malaysia Airline B734

9:50 PM-Adelaide-Malaysia Airline MH 139/KLM KL 4117^=Malaysia Airline B772

Sorry for no input at this time :yahoo:

Would be fun: spotting in the dark ;)

Next time: wait/stay till 10pm-11.30pm and you will hear KLM0810 :pardon:

Would be fun: spotting in the dark ;)

Next time: wait/stay till 10pm-11.30pm and you will hear KLM0810 :pardon:

Flight info KL810 for 23-25th July 2008 Departing from KUL a.ka. WMKK a.k.a KLIA

th_40858_KLM_1_122_1147lo.jpgth_40864_KLM_2_122_161lo.jpgth_40867_KLM_3_122_527lo.jpg

Thanks Pieter C., it's very interesting spotting at night. I couldn't stay longer because I'm very tired and have to go back early. I'm staying in Shah Alam, :

* <45km to KLIA

*Crusing faster than 120km/h will take less than 30 minutes

*Crusing at 90km/h will take 40 minutes

*Depends on traffic & weather.

I couldn't share the input because of this reasons:

1. Don't have my own video camera. Have to borrow from my sister. Have to wait untill the camera is not in use since it's used for her wedding last saturday and sunday (19-20th July 2008). E.T.A 2 weeks for transfer complete.

2. I am single. I'm looking for a partner to spot the aircraft at the KLIA a.k.a WMKK. So that I won't feel a lone looking at the planes.

I wanted to share this video.Actually it's audio, only I added some static SQ wallpaper in it to make it video format since youtube didn't accept .mp3 format. To share with you my interest. Singapore Airlines SQ 112 SIN-DO...

Regards

Plane spotting in KUL for past few months wasn't that fun with police or General Operations Force (GOF) took over the security. :finger:

Spotters were chased away in various locations near 32L and weather station. :angry:

For those intend to spot in KUL in the near future, get some shelter and make yourself not so visible from the road side.

We were asked to "BEREDAR" (move) yesterday near 32L under the trees in the evening. :finger:

I am not sure to feel happy or the other way after reading this piece of news from the Star days ago <_>

-------------------------

Updated: Wednesday December 10, 2008 MYT 5:50:24 PM

Nationwide airport security to be beefed up next year

By CHAN LI LEEN

IPOH: Airport security nationwide will be beefed up next year with an addition of 799 personnel.

Bukit Aman management director Commissioner Datuk Abdul Razak Bokhari said focus would be on international airports.

The deployment of the personnel, he said, came after a three-month intensive course at the General Operations Force (GOF).

"The graduates will be given a week off, after which they will be sent to the various airports in the country," he told reporters after witnessing the passing out parade of the personnel at the GOF camp in Ipoh on Wednesday.

"They will don the GOF uniform and be armed with HK MP5 submachine guns," he added.

Comm Abdul Razak said prior to their training in the GOF, the personnel had also undergone policing courses on public order and crime prevention in Kuching.

At present, there are about 400 personnel stationed at the Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu and Kuching international airports.

"Safety at these airports has improved significantly.......

Read full text from this link -->The Star

A few weeks back when i was at the threshold 32L in the evening, the place was just like 'pasar malam' with many cars parked there. Police patrol came many times but can't do anything. At the end it was the police car to 'beredar' :lol:

A few weeks back when i was at the threshold 32L in the evening, the place was just like 'pasar malam' with many cars parked there. Police patrol came many times but can't do anything. At the end it was the police car to 'beredar' :lol:

Merry Xmas to all ! :drinks:

A bit of update from our spotting today 25th Dec '08.

Security seems to go a bit further by putting a cone and tapes to stop those crossing the lines. :finger:

Again, they "took" down our info from our ICs' for crossing this line when we were spotted. :finger: :angry:

Beredar comes next for us to celebrate Xmas somewhere else. F***

32Lw.jpg

It doesn't seem to get nicer there at KLIA for spotting :angry: :angry:

Maybe, I change my trip from KUL to PEN for MW-Celebration ?? :huh:

(what does it, actually, say on the ribbon ?)