MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Anybody spotting this saturday/sunday care to contact me..~???

Anybody spotting this saturday/sunday care to contact me..~???

Issh... forgot to put my contact no. sorry lupa lupa.. :rofl:

zero.. one... seven.. - 5636841

Edited by Ibrahim

G'day,

I am planning to visit KUL thursday 09August, would appreciate if anyone could update me on the status of the

photo spots?

Anyone planning to be out on 9August?

Thanks,

Rob Finlayson

Issh... forgot to put my contact no. sorry lupa lupa.. :rofl:

zero.. one... seven.. - 5636841

Outstation this weekend... :sorry: (LGK...here I come.. :yahoo: )

G'day,

I am planning to visit KUL thursday 09August, would appreciate if anyone could update me on the status of the

photo spots?

Anyone planning to be out on 9August?

Thanks,

Rob Finlayson

Hi Rob, welcome to MWing and KUL...

I guess, August still single runway ops (32L/14R), so best spot should be still the Weather Station

or the 32L threshold area. Hope I (& some of members here) can spot with you that day...

Outstation this weekend... :sorry: (LGK...here I come.. :yahoo: )

Hi Rob, welcome to MWing and KUL...

I guess, August still single runway ops (32L/14R), so best spot should be still the Weather Station

or the 32L threshold area. Hope I (& some of members here) can spot with you that day...

G,day Norman,

Thanks for the welcome and the update,with single runway operations, is the weather station best AM or PM?

Rob

G,day Norman,Thanks for the welcome and the update,with single runway operations, is the weather station best AM or PM?Rob
PM... for the right lighting

Rob,

32L threshold shots in the morning...bring a hat a la Kwek, as you will be roasted here otherwise (no shade) :pardon:

32L/14R weather station in the afternoon...

Hi Guys,Am new. Wud like to go spotting on KLIA this saturday. What time and where should be best place to do so? anyone going? can I join in?Oooops, sorry forgot to put my name...RegardsArun

Hi Guys,Am new. Wud like to go spotting on KLIA this saturday. What time and where should be best place to do so? anyone going? can I join in?Oooops, sorry forgot to put my name...RegardsArun

Hi, welcome to MW...

Just browse through some earlier postings within this page, you should get

some fairly good ideas of where to spot...

& am sure somebody will be there on weekends...

:rolleyes:

will go spotting on Saturday or sunday... as usual weather station laaaa... btw. need to get 300mm first laaaa... hehehehe ^_^

what is the best time this sat or sun? dont wanna end up there with minimal flights in sight! :(

Aruno

p/s thans for the welcome note, norman

what is the best time this sat or sun? dont wanna end up there with minimal flights in sight! :(

Aruno

p/s thans for the welcome note, norman

Between Saturday & Sunday... I'd choose Saturday... :rolleyes:

Sunday sooo boring,, :pardon:

Sunday sooo boring,, :pardon:

Got Gold Etihad right on Sunday~???

Hi All,

I am currently on holiday in Malaysia Kuala Lumpur and is highly interested in taking a day off on my trip to go plane spotting!

I have a few questions about plane spotting at KLIA-

1. How do I get to the good runway spotting areas? Are the spotting areas accessible by taxi? Walking distance from KLIA terminal?

2. Are there any facilities to accommodate spotters-i.e observation deck,toilets,etc?

I will decide whether it will be possible for me to go spotting providing that if areas are accessible by taxi/walking distance as I can only rely on means of public transport.

Thanks for your time,

Drake

I think the best is to rent your own car.

Anyways check the sticky in the Observation Hill section, they have the locations there. Where are you from by the way?

Also spotting is a taboo in KLIA so no facilities. Prepare to be told to get off!

Welcome to MalaysianWings!

Edited by Walter Sim

I think the best is to rent your own car.

Anyways check the sticky in the Observation Hill section, they have the locations there. Where are you from by the way?

Also spotting is a taboo in KLIA so no facilities. Prepare to be told to get off!

Welcome to MalaysianWings!

I am still on my Probationary License in Australia, so i cannot rent a car :(

I am from Hong Kong so i am fluent in cantonese/mandarin/english, so language won't be a problem.

Hey fellows, just wanna know if you guys are free either tommorow(Friday)night or Saturday night at around 11.30pm until 4-5am bacause me and my friend will be going to KLIA to spot planes at night. Surely its gonna be so cool hanging out there.

Wahh,Really ar,Nizam??

For all MWingers here,'gila ka nangga belon terbang' is a sarawakian malay dialect which means 'Crazy to see aircraft flying'.Note the 'belon'word.Here,in Sarawak 'belon' means Aircraft.

Acctually, this is a Bidayuh language as I'm also a Sarawakian and was born there as well.

Guest Michael

I hear KLIA is going to start expanding soon does anybody know when this is due to start? Going to be larger than Changi eventually.

hi Gavin

thanks for the information, i heard about this place before, i just dont feel brave enough to enter.. hehehehe.. besides the 'bunga raya'.. im afraid, i'll get caught, hehehe.

have you ever spotting on the hill besides the first runway???

You mean Observation Hill kaaa~??? usual there are spotter their during weekday morning.. Evening session,Lake area or Weather Station.. due to Light.

thanks for the information, i heard about this place before, i just dont feel brave enough to enter.. hehehehe.. besides the 'bunga raya'.. im afraid, i'll get caught, hehehe.

no worry, there are other location in KUL to spot.

1) Runway 32L threshold (near fuel depot not very far from LCCT)

- can take landing shots in the morning and afternoon.

2) Lake side at the end of runway 14L (as mention by Ibrahim).

- only suitable for landing shots in the morning.

3) Runway 14R threshold (near Bunga Raya Complex)

- can take landing shots in the morning and afternoon

4) Spooky spot (near MAB building & oil palm estate)

- can take rotation and landing shots in the afternoon.

as for Weather Station and Obs Hill, well, be prepare to be visit by 'BEREDAR' team (guys in white pick-up with blue light on top). :pardon:

Edited by Victor A.