MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

AirAsia X

Nice Norman, I dunno if I can survive that seat to Australia with my height taken as the main factor. Btw, this is the one with Aer Lingus config right?

Laker probably lost out when heavyweights BA, TWA and Pan Am offered low fares during the mid 1980s for transatlantic flights. I had LHR-LAX return for just GBP299 on both TWA and BA for my holidays. At that time Ringgit 3.50 = GBP 1.00.

On KUL LHR-KUL for students, there was Aeroflot which offered fares half of that of MAS. Others took Royal Jordanian for value fares between KL and London via Amman.

great coverage there norman. :clapping: :drinks: the new (leased) A330 looks neat inside but without in-flight entertainment for long haul flight, it sure is boring :nea: anyway, looking forward to catch AirAsia X test flight in the coming week. B)

yeah imagine go from KL to London and no inflight entertainment! Whats there to do for so long?

Valium could help... :rofl:

But yeah...either make sure you're superbly tired by the time u get on the flight...or load up your portable media device with movies, songs, games...

Or...booze yourself silly at the terminal...get on the flight...sleep... :drinks:

Maybe they will have handheld inflight entertainment

Load a PSP with tonnes of movies + Music + games , woila ! :D

maybe it need to make advance booking for the portable in-flight entertainment. or one of the selectable item during booking air ticket. :pardon: just like the blanket, etc...

See the cockpit..

Is it brand new aircraft or re-used model...

Bought from MAS ek..??

Its MSN is 054.Ofcourse its an old bird,flown with Aer Lingus,Khalifa Airways and Air Madrid.Its GE powered whereas MAS uses PW engines.The cockpit uses CRT while the A320 in AK uses LCD panels.The new production A330 models are now equipped with LCD as standard.have flown the PW A330,the engine start sequence on the GE aircraft is faster than PW aircraft.

sad thing is , no inflight entertainment.. haha

with saving in ticket price, can buy psp + 4gb memory stick and xtra battery

with saving in ticket price, can buy psp + 4gb memory stick and xtra battery

what a brilliant idea is tat....hahah :rofl:

Nice nice! I'm sure some of the AK staff are starting to dream of holidays in faraway lands like their full-service counterparts. And others can save on passage and do more shopping and sightseeing.

exactly Rohzhan ....he..he,....ehe..he.. anyways to Uncle Norman... its a very nice shot thanks a lot for sharing the pictures with us.

The Cockpit of this 'old' 6-year lease aircraft..

AKX_12.jpg

Thanks for the pics!! Awesome! :good:

A question for Airbus drivers out there. By looking at the pic above, I see that the captain's rudder pedals are in a different position from the co-pilot's.(ie, the captain's pedals are closer to the seat than the co-pilot's). So is it possible to adjust the rudder pedals longitudinally in this way on the A330? What about the A320 and B737? Can the pedals be adjusted on those aircraft types as well in this way?

Edited by Juanda I.

Thanks for the pics!! Awesome! :good:

A question for Airbus drivers out there. By looking at the pic above, I see that the captain's rudder pedals are in a different position from the co-pilot's.(ie, the captain's pedals are closer to the seat than the co-pilot's). So is it possible to adjust the rudder pedals longitudinally in this way on the A330? What about the A320 and B737? Can the pedals be adjusted on those aircraft types as well in this way?

definitely yes :)

definitely yes :)

is that first class is teach you how to adjust the pedal, checking the side mirror, adjust the back mirror, free gear, and etc. opps, not driving la. kekeke...

Sign in to follow this