MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

AirAsia X

Someone in the forum has clarified that 9M-AFC is flying to MAN instead of 9M-XAA.

Probably the arrival flight will be 9M-AFC.

Someone in the forum has clarified that 9M-AFC is flying to MAN instead of 9M-XAA.

Probably the arrival flight will be 9M-AFC.

thats good news, for me, cause need to go outstation tomorrow till tuesday.

The info that Mr Norman gave on the A330-302 9M-XAA was incorrect and wrong.The flight to Manchester was done by 9M-AFC,its a charter flight for MyTeam.The aircraft flew with 2 complete crews and did 2 stopovers before finally arriving in Manchester (Karachi-Pakistan and Larnaca-Cyprus).Begining the 10/10/07 AK will be doing some Raya flights by utilizing the A330 9M-XAA,most probably flights will be to KUL/KCH/KUL (AK5208/5209).Altogether there will be 5 flights and after that there will be some charter flights to Dhaka - Bangladesh.The route revenue flight will start from 02/11/07 with flights to Gold Coast (YBCG/OOL).There will be 4 flights a week with flights departing KUL at 2140 and on Sunday it will be a day flight departure.Currently the aircraft is parked at opposite B8 near to MTB,maybe to free up some space at KLAS cargo or to antogonize MAS,maybe,haha.

i guess anyone who went spotting the last 2,3 days should know (& realized) that AK used 9M-AFC for their MAN trip (MyTeam tour) instead of their 9M-XAA. B)

it makes sense why the use AFC. its not a good idea to transport one football team using a widebody. waste of fuel and money.

after that there will be some charter flights to Dhaka - Bangladesh.

Are these flights to ferry the thousands of (legal) Bangladeshis stranded in KUL? I thought the government has a policy that deportation flights can only be done using MH aircrafts.

Currently the aircraft is parked at opposite B8 near to MTB,maybe to free up some space at KLAS cargo or to antogonize MAS,maybe,haha.

Better check the wires before you fly the aircraft..... :nea:

err...how come i saw 9M-XAA in front of MTB yesterday? :blink: did she really fly to MAN with MYTEAM players the other day? as i didn't see 9M-AFC in last few days. :help: was it 9M-XAA or 9M-AFC that flew to MAN? :blink:

9M-AFC was photographed this morning after take-off from MAN, apparently back to Malaysia...

Should arrive 06/10 in the morning (as per Norman's ETA ?) :pardon:

9M-AFC was caught landing in KLIA at noon today and around 2pm she was seen departing again on her routine daily duty. very hard working yah....

they use the motto of akx...buti ntestead they use ak plane to fly myteam there... :blink:

:D

AK320 can fly Xtra long too..but just with 2 stops before arriving at the destination :mellow:

AK320 can fly Xtra long too..but just with 2 stops before arriving at the destination :mellow:

Xtra Long Xtra Stop

i beg that those myteam player won't be so comfortable inside the a320 :p

coz even from kul to bki..i also found it not comfortable....imagine 4 to 5 hours of non stop without any inflight entertainment...

or maybe the FA entertain them??? :p :rofl:

Are these flights to ferry the thousands of (legal) Bangladeshis stranded in KUL? I thought the government has a policy that deportation flights can only be done using MH aircrafts.
I think these are for incoming flights from Dhaka,mind you there are alot more workers awaiting the chance to come to KUL but dont have enough flights out off Dhaka,as for the stranded Banglas,no idea at all.Probably true as to what you said.
Better check the wires before you fly the aircraft..... :nea:
I'll remind Capts Hans and Omar Shuib about that,thanks Capt.
Thanks for the correction Azmir.... my "rumoured" info was totally wrong... :sorry:
Actually Sir youre rumored info was partially correct,yes 9M-XAA was supposed to do the charter flight to MAN but the paper work by DCAM for the AOC and released of aircraft for pax service was not ready so instead they subsituted 9M-AFC as an alternate aircraft.But the photo of 9M-XAA which you took was a real beauty,thanks and keep it up sir.

was at lcct yesterday's afternoon...saw the tempting akx just infront of me....but since i have no camera...phone camera also jadi la....sorry guys..it is embarassing :( ..i mean the quality

llvl072sk4to2.jpg

:p ..sam got help me edit...he also say kenot edit much..since the picture alrdy in screw up form.....

how i wish i got camera at that point of time :angry:

Edited by Louis L.

Guys,its been confirmed officially that the radio callsign for AirAsiaX (XFA/D7) will be Xanadu.Today we did a recency check for 5 pilots on the A330 9M-XAA using the callsign Xanadu 700/701 from KUL to JHB and did a couple of CCTS and LDGS for the 5 of us,to keep ourselves current and to know the aircrafts characteristics and behaviour (handling) prior to the schedule flight to OOL on the 2/11/07.From the 24,25,26 of Oct they will be flights to KCH using AXM/AK callsign for the delayed Raya run,delayed due to paperwork regarding legality issues about aircraft utilisation with lessor.Im scheduled to fly to OOL on the 7/11/07,anybody from MW going to OOL on that day?

Guys,its been confirmed officially that the radio callsign for AirAsiaX (XFA/D7) will be Xanadu.Today we did a recency check for 5 pilots on the A330 9M-XAA using the callsign Xanadu 700/701 from KUL to JHB and did a couple of CCTS and LDGS for the 5 of us,to keep ourselves current and to know the aircrafts characteristics and behaviour (handling) prior to the schedule flight to OOL on the 2/11/07.From the 24,25,26 of Oct they will be flights to KCH using AXM/AK callsign for the delayed Raya run,delayed due to paperwork regarding legality issues about aircraft utilisation with lessor.Im scheduled to fly to OOL on the 7/11/07,anybody from MW going to OOL on that day?

Thanks for the info mate...but..

XANADU?!

Who's idea was that? I can imagine some ATC'ers getting confused when they get that on their systems.

Colloquial troubles aside....im quite proud of the callsign. Wiki it...then those who know my surname will probably establish why... :rofl:

same here, thanks for the updates!!! :drinks: anyway, is that KCH got higher demand than BKI? :sorry:

same here, thanks for the updates!!! :drinks: anyway, is that KCH got higher demand than BKI? :sorry:

Hehehe, thanks for those priceless info, now I can play with my Delta again sooon... hopefully its a day flight :yahoo:

Sam,.... come to Kch lah kekeke

Sign in to follow this