MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

KLM Cityhopper's new regional aircraft

As you all have read before in my AF-KL thread, the Group has ordered quite a few E-jets from Embraer, with delivery set for the end of next year.

AF Regional is already operating the E190 and was showing this beauty today to the KLM Cityhopper staff and the Dutch press :good:

Was able to get a preview of this bird as well, and would like to share the shots of this Fokker 100 replacement to you here :pardon:

Excuse the quality, as these pictures were taken with my "calculator"...Enjoy nevertheless.....

Ladies & Gentlemen, Messieurs & Mesdames, bienvenue a bord/welcome on board:

AMS18sep2007012.jpg

AMS18sep2007024.jpg

One meter in front of the engine, she looks like this :pardon: :

AMS18sep2007013.jpg

Nice study of the landing-gear of the E-190; wonder what the "brush" on the door is used for :blink: :

AMS18sep2007027.jpg

AMS18sep2007014.jpg

The cabin was fitted with all-leather greyish seats: 25 rows of 4 abreast:

AMS18sep2007021.jpg

Pitch was remarkable, according the flight-attendant 33' in the front of the cabin and 32' in the rear; seats were very comfortable:

AMS18sep2007022.jpg

Was able to visit the cockpit too for a few minutes; here are some snapshots:

General overview of the E-190 cockpit:

AMS18sep2007018.jpg

Captain's display (note the altitude indication :pardon: ):

AMS18sep2007015.jpg

AMS18sep2007017.jpg

AMS18sep2007020.jpg

Engine instruments and part of the F/O display:

AMS18sep2007016.jpg

AMS18sep2007019.jpg

Kinda like the engine exhausts (silencers ? :huh: ):

AMS18sep2007026.jpg

What Cityhopper is for KLM, is Regional for Air France; the name is proudly displayed on the engines and fuselage:

AMS18sep2007024.jpg

Bye-bye thanks for visiting our super aircraft/Au revoir, merci de visiter notre avion superbe !!! :yahoo: :

AMS18sep2007023.jpg

(left Embraer representative, right Regional flight-attendant (she was stunning :blink: :blink: ))

Wow... thanks for the coverage... :clapping:

Wished I had the same opportunity in the cockpit of AirAsia X

to provide that kind of coverage.... was limited by time & long queue.. :sorry:

Hi Pieter!

I just noticed your pictures on the Embraer 190! It's a great aircraft.

I was already thinking some time about taking a ride on one of Finnair of FlyBE (E-195), although I still didn't try it out myself. Probably I've to be on the KLC first machine :) We'll see...

If Fokker is still in the Business....

well, we move oN.

Nice one there Pieter.

Altimeter = below sea level. I miss AMS.

In an airbus, it feels like flying a jet fighter with the joystick there, in a Boeing, u see steering wheel,so it must feel like driving a sedan in the air, then in the Embraer, hmmmm how to put it in words, it feels like riding a motorcycle???? I really love that flightstick :yahoo:

Pieter,

Thank you for the coverage of such a beautiful aircraft. I notice the window next to the passenger's seat are big too. Or is it some distortion of your 'calculator' lens?

In an airbus, it feels like flying a jet fighter with the joystick there, in a Boeing, u see steering wheel,so it must feel like driving a sedan in the air, then in the Embraer, hmmmm how to put it in words, it feels like riding a motorcycle???? I really love that flightstick :yahoo:

Ignatius,

I wonder what would happen if some Mat Rempit were to be put in the cockpit of the Embraer! :blink: :help:

Sign in to follow this