MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Branden Ng

MAS Planes

Lately, I found that those MAS planes which came to Sydney are very dirty compare to other airlines. A few pilot friends of mine told me the same thing, and I goes like "Aaaa, ooooo....., hmmmm........." speechless...... :sorry:

just wondering what happen? because MAS planes use to be very clean in my memories... hope things will changesoon..

Cut cost <_ remember the ceo said mas will be a star airline with low cost. reason they got status is for service provided last time. if keep cutting quality of to customer might just lose in future.>

Please list down the down grade in service that you have experience lately on board. Example, no more menu cards. Cheap looking mugs in Business Class instead of the very nice "wau" design cup and saucer

Reduce washing under the name of being more environmental friendly although the actual reason might be something else (cost cutting like some said).

Indeed the mugs for tea/coffee in biz/first is errr little bit inappropriate. Arnt tea suppose to be in teacups not in mugs?

One thing is the horrible skimpy food. Our neighbour TG and SQ has far superior catering than MH...

Indeed the mugs for tea/coffee in biz/first is errr little bit inappropriate. Arnt tea suppose to be in teacups not in mugs?

One thing is the horrible skimpy food. Our neighbour TG and SQ has far superior catering than MH...

About the mug maybe they just want to follow Starbuck, thats why using mug.

About the catering, no comment on TG but SQ catering definitely been for more superior in comparison with MAS for years.

Flew MAS at the end of July on a short trip to PEN. Agree with the lack of cleaniness. Flew business with the kids and they got nothing special. Not even a warm welcome.

Interestingly the FA who made the announcements was very fluent in Bahasa Malaysia but was not able to communicate in English.

Mabe MAS cutting back on the provision of langauge skills as well.

Our neighbour TG and SQ has far superior catering than MH...

Agreed !!

that the inflight service especially the meals have to be improved. :rolleyes:

Totally !!

As for cleanliness of planes, I will say TG won the title for the dirtiest of birds when they were in the old livery. Not sure about the new ones yet.

Read a magazine earlier that if they clean their planes more often, it will actually reduce the dirt built up on the plane's body causing drag. Therefore it will be more environmentally friendly as clean planes will use less fuel to get to their destinations.

Edited by S V Choong

Providing cheaper meals is the easiest cost cutting option for airline management. Especially, if the airline is comparing their service with LCC, and believe most pax will accept whatever crap is dished out, benched mark many pax have left over food and pax complaint won’t need to address until much later.

Compare with SQ, CX, EK and TG, MH meals quality has been on the downward trend for the last few years. Even if MH improves the meals quality in the next season, it will take them years to re-establish themselves in the premium league.

On regional routes, I find a good sandwich gives a better satisfaction than MH meals.

Believe MH is living on its past legacy of ‘5 stars’ airline.

:drinks:

As for cleanliness of planes, I will say TG won the title for the dirtiest of birds when they were in the old livery.

SV,

Have you ever 'witnessed' KL or AF for that matter ? :rofl:

I must concur with Branden that MAS planes seldom look clean. In fact, if I may with my 2 cents worth, 8 out of 10 MAS aircraft that you spot look like it needs a good shower and scrub. Line them with SQ aircrafts and the difference is genuine!!!!!

DavidC

SV,

Have you ever 'witnessed' KL or AF for that matter?

Pieter, not sure about KLM, but AF is pretty dirty the whole time.

I must concur with Branden that MAS planes seldom look clean. In fact, if I may with my 2 cents worth, 8 out of 10 MAS aircraft that you spot look like it needs a good shower and scrub. Line them with SQ aircrafts and the difference is genuine!!!!!

DavidC

the comment from my friends are even worst. They said MAS plane look dirty no matter park next to whatever planes. :angry: <_<