MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

MAS Golden Lounge at KLIA Satellite Terminal

Lounge feels refreshed, that's for sure. New darker tones and new chairs. Not as lush with the huge potted plants though. Very different feel than the MTB regional lounge. Service has improved, apart from the occasional clueless guy, they're friendly and encourage you to walk around and raid the pantry, including the Platinum Lounge pantry.

Then again it just opened, so maybe they're proud of it and want to show off their showcase. Not sure if cabin crew is now there though.

Can't wait to check it out on Friday morning!

from the insider :

cabin crew members (batch 117) have been assigned to the new flagship lounge.

their roster are : 3 weeks lounge, 1 week flying.

any idea why ? I'm sure MH hav enough ground staff to staff the lounge

any idea why ? I'm sure MH hav enough ground staff to staff the lounge

I think those are outsourced workers - hey, people are harping about how MAS should start using underutilized staff, here's a way!

I think those are outsourced workers - hey, people are harping about how MAS should start using underutilized staff, here's a way!

not outsourced. one of cabin crew member did tell me, they are the lucky ones....

Edited by affendi osman

dsc07139p.jpg

Workstations

dsc07138s.jpg

Children's Room

dsc07137c.jpg

Game Room

dsc07133r.jpg

Expanded seating area

dsc07131qv.jpg

Seating area, part of hot-item buffet area

dsc07129k.jpg

'Cafe' area, pastry pantry; notice the new colour scheme of the air steward/ground crew

dsc07130j.jpg

Seating area with the view, not as lush as before

dsc07128y.jpg

First thing you see after the entrance corridor

dsc07126v.jpg

Corridor past entrance foyer

dsc07125q.jpg

Bar by the entrance, before the main lounge

dsc07124z.jpg

Part of the Business Centre

dsc07123x.jpg

View from the Business Centre

Sorry, forgot to take a picture of the main entrance! Looks cleaner, brighter and inviting, with the (currently) new logo.

dsc07129k.jpg

'Cafe' area, pastry pantry; notice the new colour scheme of the air steward/ground crew

It seems that the air stewards are still wearing the green uniform... or is it not green ? Thanks for sharing :drinks:

It seems that the air stewards are still wearing the green uniform... or is it not green ? Thanks for sharing :drinks:

My pleasure!

The uniform is a shade darker than the normal green they have on board, from my observation. Not exactly their usual green, but not blueish-grey either; then again, I could be mistaken.

on the 1st ix....the workstation area...it seems the area is quite big and can do with more decor....to me the workstation area is quite plain and dull looking....whats behind the workstation area...the room with the door....smoking room ?

These pics are of the business class side?

I was hoping to have a look and take some pics of the first class side this morning. Unfortunately, the whole lounge is being used for the arrival of the A380 this morning...

They have changed the type of chairs in order to fit more in. This is definitely in prepration for them in joining OneWorld and catering for the increased number of passengers who are going to use this lounge.

Pics are of the Business Class side. Was offered to have a peek at the First Class side but didn't have enough time.

I agree that the workstation area is a little plain. Not sure if the smoking room is still there. Not a smoker, so didn't really cross my mind.

Its confirmed steward will wearing new uniform starting 1st July, no more green..grey color :D

Its confirmed steward will wearing new uniform starting 1st July, no more green..grey color :D

and the ladies can let their hair free a-la their rival's hairstyle......

no more croissant, or french twist..

another info from inside!

Even for those who have very long hair?

I dont think MH kebaya style uniform can blend with long loose hair.....

Great! Thanks! :drinks:

I dont think MH kebaya style uniform can blend with long loose hair.....

I couldn't agree more! Hope they will reverse it. They look more professional and tidier with their current hairstyle!

Sign in to follow this