MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

MAS Golden Lounge at KLIA Satellite Terminal

I called MAS BKI Golden Lounge and check with the staff....they said, they never have those MYR100 per entry....kind of thing.

Accroding to her MAS Golden Lounge they don't collect cash or card (in the lounge) but pax can deduct their Enrich point to enter to lounge.

5000 point will be deducted from your Enrich provided your point is enough.

This goes same as KUL MAS Lounge accroding to her.

Hope this help. Any comment??

:drinks:

thank you....so no Golden Lounge for me than.....

Because you can't shower in the washbasin at Starbucks or Burger King, ...

In the old Hyderabad airport, I once took a 'bath' in the cramped antique airport toilet while waiting for a past-midnite MH flight back to KL. Worth all the effort! :D

I called MAS BKI Golden Lounge and check with the staff....they said, they never have those MYR100 per entry....kind of thing.

Accroding to her MAS Golden Lounge they don't collect cash or card (in the lounge) but pax can deduct their Enrich point to enter to lounge.

5000 point will be deducted from your Enrich provided your point is enough.

This goes same as KUL MAS Lounge accroding to her.

Hope this help. Any comment??

:drinks:

deduct on the spot?

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

deduct on the spot?

Yes, accroding to MAS Lounge staff.

I remembered not too long ago when MH launched their MHvalue Fare, pax with FullFlex tickets are allowed into the Golden Lounge with a per-entry fee of RM100.

Friend, I saw this broucher from MAS ticketing office about "MAS .....brings value and simplicity ....."

The broucher explain the diff of MHlow fares, MHbasic, MHsmart and MHflex.

Under MHflex, Lounge box is MYR100, KLIA only** (highlighted in blue).

At the bottom ....it mentioned ** Availability to be announced later.

It did not talk much about the lounge matter ....more for public to understand the restriction of MH fares.

Sorry ar....I dont know how to scan that paper and upload here. :drinks:

Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge closure due to upgrading works

by Malaysia Airlines on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 9:50am ·

294927_403343676372949_185723778134941_1189823_984604404_n.jpg

We are pleased to inform our valued guests that the Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge located at the Satellite building, Kuala Lumpur International Airport will be upgraded. The renovation work will take place over 6 weeks from 9 May to 18 June 2012. During this period, we have made the following alternative lounge arrangements for you.

Enrich Platinum Members & First Class guests may use the following lounges:

• Regional Lounge at the main terminal building, located close to the aero train, or
  • China Airlines Lounge, Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building (close to Gates 31-37), or
  • Malaysia Airports CIP lounges at the Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building (close to Gates 31-37).

Enrich Gold members & Business Class guests may use the following lounges:

• China Airlines Lounge, Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building (close to Gates 31-37), or
  • Malaysia Airports CIP lounges, Mezzanine floor, Satellite Building (close to Gates 31-37).

As this is an interim arrangement, some facilities such as the shower and Muslim prayer room (surau) are not available at the China Airlines and Malaysia Airports CIP lounges during this time. For our Muslim guests, the closest public surau is located just across both these lounges.

For transit guests who wish to use the shower facilities, you may do so at the Regional Lounge located at the main terminal building, situated close to the aero train. As the shower facility is the only alternative available during this time, we seek your kind understanding should the waiting time is longer than usual.

Do allow for extra time to reach the boarding gates. If you have any queries, please call the Malaysia Airlines 24-hour Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 (for calls within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia). You can send your feedback related to this temporary arrangement to customer@malaysiaairlines.com

This lounge was looking tired for a long time already. Its just in time for the arrival of the A380s and oneworld membership. I look forward to using the new Platinum Suite.

I hope they put a good effort and money in the renovation. It will be money worth spending.

It's either:

- (If cost is primary) The interior will follow the decor concept of the Regional Golden Lounge at the MTB, BKI Golden Lounge and the LHR T4 Golden Lounge, or

- (If MH wants to step up its game) An entirely new decor concept, which hopefully will outshine all the current best lounges in the world.

Historically, MH has been quite successful with its Golden Lounge refurbishment, so I have less worry.

Historically, MH has been quite successful with its Golden Lounge refurbishment, so I have less worry.

Agree with that.., too bad that they cannot take the same approach with their fleet refurbishment :D

Indeed, the flagship lounge in the satellite terminal needs an update and I will happily suffer the alternatives for the next few weeks. Hopefully, it will be a lounge that all MH travellers (and associates) will be proud of. Hopefully it won't be like the MH LHR T4 lounge is like, as someone has suggested, as I was there last Sat and it is threadbear, the food is poor, the old Filipino guy behind the bar has gone (or was it his day off? I certainly hope so!). The new lounge has to be a major selling point for MAS.

Years ago, MH lounge ‘superiority and exclusivity’ over other airlines was a reason given not to join Alliance. After renovation, it is likely that there will be two separate lounges, one exclusively for pax travelling on MH and second for pax travelling on OW.

Years ago, MH lounge ‘superiority and exclusivity’ over other airlines was a reason given not to join Alliance. After renovation, it is likely that there will be two separate lounges, one exclusively for pax travelling on MH and second for pax travelling on OW.

Just like SQ...havin Silverkris lounge for pax on SQ n Elite Gold loubge for the rest of the *A gold herd

Just like SQ...havin Silverkris lounge for pax on SQ n Elite Gold loubge for the rest of the *A gold herd

The SQ Elite Gold Lounge is for *G members traveling in Y only. *G members traveling in C/F on any *A carriers can still access the SKL C/F lounges respectively.

Well, I will be going through the new Golden Lounge at the Satellite terminal next week so I can report back here about the renovations.

Well, I will be going through the new Golden Lounge at the Satellite terminal next week so I can report back here about the renovations.

pls incld some pix or better still a TR of the new lounge..... :clapping:

pls incld some pix or better still a TR of the new lounge..... :clapping:

I'll see what I can do. Arriving into KUL at the ungodly hour of 4am, so there really shouldn't be anyone there. ;)

26th on which month :pardon:

LOL! If the refurbished lounge at the Satellite terminal has opened by the time I get there, I'll check it out. I'll also try and check out the Regional Lounge at the MTB since I've never been there before.

Was at the lounge earlier today waiting for my flight to Bangkok. They opened yesterday, looks very woody, has a game room and kids room facing the apron, a new bar after the entrance and a large hot food area and separate pastry area. They installed some new hanging lamp things and is more spacious than before. Didn't peek at the Platinum Lounge.

Took some pictures, will upload them later this week. Didn't bring cables.

Very quiet at noon, and the male ground crew seem to be in new uniforms, dark-blue-ish. The MH logo has the red back in, same design as the all-blue wau.

Was at the lounge earlier today waiting for my flight to Bangkok. They opened yesterday, looks very woody, has a game room and kids room facing the apron, a new bar after the entrance and a large hot food area and separate pastry area. They installed some new hanging lamp things and is more spacious than before. Didn't peek at the Platinum Lounge.

Took some pictures, will upload them later this week. Didn't bring cables.

Very quiet at noon, and the male ground crew seem to be in new uniforms, dark-blue-ish. The MH logo has the red back in, same design as the all-blue wau.

Is the lounge better than what is was before? heard that they have upgraded the service by bringing down their award winning cabin crew into the lounge....

Sign in to follow this