MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H C Chai

MAS Golden Lounge at KLIA Satellite Terminal

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info. WOW thats a lot of miles! :)

Lets just say just pure flying not transferring across Credit card miles. say if we fly 100000 miles a year(which is actually quite a lot already) that means we need to do this consecutively for an average of 10 years to get AA gold. Twice that for Plat.

It's not just bum in seat miles - any bonuses u get from class of travel and status count towards LT status. Basically any miles that can be earned. Which makes AA LT status one of the easiest in the industry.

ewan: what did you tell the lounge reception to let your frind in on a Y ticket while you were travelling on C?:)

I told the 'equally nice lady as I was' that we were travelling together (which was the truth) and that we had to finish some work together (which is of course true also. Work to raid the buffet table! Hahah) while waiting for our onward flight -- all in that all-important tone. Be subtle yet firm. Hahahah.

Hi Ewan,

Sounds like a good reason! :) I will arrive at KUL at around 8:50pm from SYD on MH122. So if on schedule i should be at the Golden Lounge at approx 9:15pm waiting for my connecting flight to NRT on MH88 which is at 11:35pm. I think around that time the lounge shouldn't be too busy......

I told the 'equally nice lady as I was' that we were travelling together (which was the truth) and that we had to finish some work together (which is of course true also. Work to raid the buffet table! Hahah) while waiting for our onward flight -- all in that all-important tone. Be subtle yet firm. Hahahah.

you mean Nizam? haha... got sneezling meehon ar? :p

Slightly off topic :) Is there a Oneworld lounge at KUL?

They have CX dedicated lounge at Sat Building, JL shared the same lounge.

There is another way that a person can get into GL for free. The method of how a person can get into those GL for free were by you know the person who stand on the GL counter to receive passenger. I mean know that person in term of friend I meam a close friend. Not those like "hi do i know you from somewhere". :yahoo: If you don't know then too bad can't help much.

I don't know someone has posted this topic before? Anyway, I would like find out whether Golden Lounge allowed passengers to stay overnight? I mean not sleeping there! Just have meal, meeting, working & resting due to my next flight is 4am in the morning. FYI, I will arrive KLIA around 11pm+.

Hope someone can give me some ideas!

Didn't Golden Lounge close after 12 am or sumthing? I'm not sure thou.........

Some flighst leave around 1am.

I think it may close for cleaning between 2am and 4am.

I used to fly a lot on MH 2564 KUL-KCH, the 5 am flight, when they operated them before the domestic air rationalisation.

I remember being allowed to check in at 1 am (at check in island D) but was told that the Domestic Golden Lounge at the Main Terminal Building only open at 4 am. The custom/immigration also did not allow me to enter the airside area up until 3 am on several occasions.

In all, I only managed to spend about an hour in the lounge for each journey on MH 2564.

I sense that you'll be flying MH 2638 KUL-BKI, the 4 am flight?

:) Thanks for your information. I ends up cannot enjoy the Golden lounge. Try to get some 'refund' for not providing the services;) Edited by Robin

I remembered not too long ago when MH launched their MHvalue Fare, pax with FullFlex tickets are allowed into the Golden Lounge with a per-entry fee of RM100. Suddenly I can't find it on MH's website regarding this offer. Can someone please find out for me? Thank you.

Is there other pay-per use lounge in KUL?? How much and how is the service? thank you!

I remembered not too long ago when MH launched their MHvalue Fare, pax with FullFlex tickets are allowed into the Golden Lounge with a per-entry fee of RM100. Suddenly I can't find it on MH's website regarding this offer. Can someone please find out for me? Thank you.

Is there other pay-per use lounge in KUL?? How much and how is the service? thank you!

Plaza Premium Lounge at the Satellite Terminal offers the following package:

LOUNGE USE

Package:

Day package (0700 hours to midnight)

2 hours package: RM 88.00

5 hours package RM128.00

6 - 10 hours package: RM148.00

Night package (0001 hours to 0659 hours)

5 hours package: RM108.00

6 - 10 hours package: RM128.00

Even with the package (or MH 100 RM per entry) I am far from being tempted. Why shoud I pay that much of I can pay less and still have a decent meal and wireless far cheaper at Starbucks or Burger King?

Edited by Azri

Because you can't shower in the washbasin at Starbucks or Burger King, without looking like and10t?

MAS Golden Lounge still have the RM100 pay per use offer?

I have 5 hours in transit...

Plaza Premium Lounge at the Satellite Terminal offers the following package:

LOUNGE USE

Package:

Day package (0700 hours to midnight)

2 hours package: RM 88.00

5 hours package RM128.00

6 - 10 hours package: RM148.00

Night package (0001 hours to 0659 hours)

5 hours package: RM108.00

6 - 10 hours package: RM128.00

Even with the package (or MH 100 RM per entry) I am far from being tempted. Why shoud I pay that much of I can pay less and still have a decent meal and wireless far cheaper at Starbucks or Burger King?

Free entry to the Plaza Premium Lounge at the Satellite Terminal if you are a Citibank Platinum Credit Cardmember (Malaysia issued cards). It applies to both Visa and Mastercard.

I called MAS BKI Golden Lounge and check with the staff....they said, they never have those MYR100 per entry....kind of thing.

Accroding to her MAS Golden Lounge they don't collect cash or card (in the lounge) but pax can deduct their Enrich point to enter to lounge.

5000 point will be deducted from your Enrich provided your point is enough.

This goes same as KUL MAS Lounge accroding to her.

Hope this help. Any comment??

:drinks:

Because you can't shower in the washbasin at Starbucks or Burger King, without looking like and10t?

I suppose not all passengers are on transit after a 12 hours flight and therefore need shower.

Free entry to the Plaza Premium Lounge at the Satellite Terminal if you are a Citibank Platinum Credit Cardmember (Malaysia issued cards). It applies to both Visa and Mastercard.

And Standard Chartered VISA/Mastercard Platinum. With a gross salary of RM60,000/pa you are eligible for this card. Or free-for-life Standard Chartered Platinum Mastercard if you're a Standard Chartered Bank "Priority Banking" customer. Shame on HSBC who doens't offer such perk to their VISA Platinum and Premier Mastercard cardholders.

Edited by Isaac

Sign in to follow this